Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Exide 105aH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    76
    Posts
    632
    Thanked: 175

    Default Exide 105aH

    Is this exide deep cycle battery any good?
    all I can get where I am

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    76
    Posts
    632
    Thanked: 175

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Need to buy in the next hour.
    any comments on the battery please

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    70
    Posts
    618
    Thanked: 114

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    How long is the warranty and what do they cover?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Polokwane
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanked: 1102

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Price?
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8
    Conqueror Courage 2016

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Polokwane
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,279
    Thanked: 1102

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Quote Originally Posted by RonS View Post
    Is this exide deep cycle battery any good?
    all I can get where I am
    Where are you?
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8
    Conqueror Courage 2016

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    76
    Posts
    632
    Thanked: 175

    Default Re: Exide 105aH I am in Bela Bela and the price is R2293 with a 2 year waranty.

    Quote Originally Posted by RonS View Post
    Need to buy in the next hour.
    any comments on the battery please

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Okahandja, Windhoek
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanked: 1185

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Better than Willard and Sabbat
    Johan Kriel

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    65
    Posts
    213
    Thanked: 136

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Do not have experience with the deep cycle battery itself but Exide is known to me since childhood and according to the price it is not to expensive and since you are in Bela Bela go for it.


    2016 Hilux 2.8 GD6 4x4 Dc
    2021 Bushlapa Kewer 2480

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hillcrest
    Age
    65
    Posts
    19,715
    Thanked: 9216

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    An old name that garners respect.

    They are made by First National Battery.

    Why Deep Cycle - can you charge it properly and easily. If OK to this, go for it, cant see you being sorry or doing much better with anything else in a similar class and price range.
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2021/06/07 at 01:34 PM.
    Cheers

    ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

    If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    76
    Posts
    632
    Thanked: 175

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Using it with a mecer inverter for wifi and laptop during load shedding. Therefore it needs to be deep cycle.
    but I dont know if exide makes a good deep cycle?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    An old name that garners respect.

    They are made by First National Battery.

    Why Deep Cycle - can you charge it properly and easily. If OK to this, go for it, cant see you being sorry or doing much better with anything else in a similar class and price range.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanked: 1100

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Thanks for pointing it out Fluffy.
    I just saw 21Ah for DOD of 50%.
    Very bad to use value around 12V as indicator. I recently had 2 great 2nd hand starting batteries which were looking fantastic up to 12V. Then suddenly once at 11.8V under low load of 5A both just collapsed to 10.5V

    I have to add that I have tested quite a few new SMF100 from Battery Centre and always got at least 45Ah to get to 12V.
    One was an odd one out with a dead cell within 2 days and it was exchanged without questions asked.
    .

  13. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Langebaan
    Age
    50
    Posts
    654
    Thanked: 128

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    I always wonder why we still call these batteries "12 Volt" batteries?

    Naming it 12 volt create so much problems.

    Maybe we should request the battery factories to put on the label "13.5 Volt battery" or even "14 volt battery"

    At least then it will make more sense that it is at 50% of its capacity when it reaches 12.2 Volt.

    Or the label should read "12 Volt battery (when completely flat)"

    Most of the guys on the forums know by now that 12 Volt is already in the range that you damage your battery but the other 95% of people think that flat is at about 11.5 Volt or when the light goes out which in many LED terms means 9 volt.
    1999 Hilux Raider 4x4, 3.4 V6, 'n groene met swart tyres
    80 Series Cruiser 4.5 Petrol
    2011 Touareg 4.2 V8 Diesel.
    Series IIA Landy being Rebuilt (for the past 4 years)
    1963 Willys Traveller


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pietpetoors For This Useful Post:


  15. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,687
    Thanked: 1100

    Default Re: Exide 105aH

    Quote Originally Posted by pietpetoors View Post
    I always wonder why we still call these batteries "12 Volt" batteries?

    Naming it 12 volt create so much problems.

    Maybe we should request the battery factories to put on the label "13.5 Volt battery" or even "14 volt battery"

    At least then it will make more sense that it is at 50% of its capacity when it reaches 12.2 Volt.

    Or the label should read "12 Volt battery (when completely flat)"

    Most of the guys on the forums know by now that 12 Volt is already in the range that you damage your battery but the other 95% of people think that flat is at about 11.5 Volt or when the light goes out which in many LED terms means 9 volt.
    I had a chat with a big battery shop with country wide branches. According to the manager as long as a battery shows 12V it is in good nick. I disagreed and he then said that is what they were told during training.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •