Default Mazda Drifter 2.5tdi Power loss

Hi guys. Had to re-do my wl engine 5000km back due to a number of reasons namely oil leaking, using alot of oil. When I opened the motor up I found that the number 2 a d 4 cylinders compression rings were broken. Redone the entire motor, new rings, bearings the whole toot. Put the engine back and started her up and all was great. Problem was that when I took her for a drive after nursing her for about 500km she wouldn't rev up over 3500rpm. Went to different guys for advise and everyone was saying that she wasn't getting enough fuel and that i needed to add an electric pump (tuk-tuk) to up the pressure, which I couldn't understand as I never fiddled with the injector pump. It came off and went back on with no adjustments. I added the electric pump but still had the same issue. Replaced the primer pump and 3 new diesel filters and no difference. I eventually found a small filter under the banjo bolt where the diesel enters the pump. This was clogged up. Remover the filter and bakkie is going good. The problem i am faced with now is that when going up even the slightest of a hill, the bakkie is loosing power/speed. I can start at the bottom of a slight hill at 120km/h and the speedo will just drop and I will end up doing 80-90km/h.

Hope there is someone that can assist.

Thanks in advance.
    Johnny 064 538 3967

Default Re: Mazda Drifter 2.5tdi Power loss

There was a small filter in the diesel line that blocked up resulting in loss of power. Happened to mine many years back. It is a metal screen in the pump housing. May be that?
    Ranger Wildtrak
    Ex Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.

Default Re: Mazda Drifter 2.5tdi Power loss

Get a boost gauge.....
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus