Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Petrol-driven or Solar/Battery-driven generator

Quote Originally Posted by GroenHoender View Post
    I never use the printer, it is only there for my wife. It's 95% off, most of the time, until my wife remote works from home (when one of her colleagues have Covid) which is just about 1 or 2 times every 3 months.

I am focusing on products with pure sinewave - just struggling to find one in stock, with adequate power to give me at least 4 to 8 hours.
    Majority of products only last 2-2.5 hours.

The agreement was that I can use/add anything that I want, as long as it is not a permanent fixure of the house.
    Only item that I have added was aircons for 2 rooms which he agreed with (it can be removed but if he chose to keep these, he will reimburse me an amount agreed upon for these).

The rest, like fibre, power, etc I will take with me if I move. So, I am only gathering for my own needs.
    Printers happen to be a case where it is specific to the printer. The HP2135 all in one uses 10W while printing. 2W on stand by and 1W during sleep mode. On the other side lasers use more than 1kW and keeps the drum hot. This means it will use this power every 3 min or so. This was one of my biggest guzzlers in the house which was always on and at times not printing for 6 weeks or more. The best would be to look at the rating plate.

In order to get 8hrs run time you will have to get a battery box that takes more than 2 batteries. Some boxes can take 8 batteries. As far as inverters goes the 2400W AXPERT (pure sine) is in stock @ R5500 and you can run it without the solar panels and use it as a UPS. You decide how many batteries to use to get to 8hrs. It can just be put on the battery trolley without being a permanent fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Printers happen to be a case where it is specific to the printer. The HP2135 all in one uses 10W while printing. 2W on stand by and 1W during sleep mode. On the other side lasers use more than 1kW and keeps the drum hot. This means it will use this power every 3 min or so. This was one of my biggest guzzlers in the house which was always on and at times not printing for 6 weeks or more. The best would be to look at the rating plate.

In order to get 8hrs run time you will have to get a battery box that takes more than 2 batteries. Some boxes can take 8 batteries. As far as inverters goes the 2400W AXPERT (pure sine) is in stock @ R5500 and you can run it without the solar panels and use it as a UPS. You decide how many batteries to use to get to 8hrs. It can just be put on the battery trolley without being a permanent fixture.
    I got a brother LaserJet printer. That thing eats power. Did a testprint with it, 1000w to print. But my system can handle it

Quote Originally Posted by circe View Post
    I got a brother LaserJet printer. That thing eats power. Did a testprint with it, 1000w to print. But my system can handle it
    That is why I mentioned laser. Ink jets are real misers with power. I saved a hell of a lot of power by merely switching mine off and only on when I wanted to print.

Our office inkjet uses 300W.But on the other hand we print 150 reams per year and only use 1L of black ink costing R350.

@GROENHOENDER.
    You might need this 4x100Ah battery box. All inverters can you be put on top of this box which is 635mm high.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by ekkekan; 2021/06/15 at 12:28 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2