Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Worth to read this study:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Henris View Post
    I repeat.

I doubt there is any fault on either of those engines. I just think that they are so badly strangled, that any engine would respond in the same way.

So are all other modern diesels, CATs, DPF's, EGR's yet mostly Ford engines that dies prematurely.
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    So are all other modern diesels, CATs, DPF's, EGR's yet mostly Ford engines that dies prematurely.
    You have facts?

2021 FJ Cruiser

It is rather worrying yet again, I see threads like these - and a LOT of them engine failures on all sorts of other facebook groups, and ford forums.

Is Ford SA taking note? how can this be going on since ever the t6 started production?

Also I hear from a lot of workshops (since my ford is a whorshop frequent also) that they very often replace these 2.2 and 3.2 engines. I have been told (not sure if its true but what do I know about engines anyways) that the pistons are thin or the tops are thin to make the engines smoother and sound more modern and less vibrations, hence they easily gets a hole in it from even a slightly dripping injector.

At least my old 3.0 engine is still going perfect since the headgasket last year.

And my brother recently bought a 2.2 ranger workhorse low output - lets hope the low output doesnt suffer the same fate as the rest one day. (odo is already on 195K)

People posting crap like this on every Ford thread that they can find. Without any evidence, just once again " my mechie says", and "my oom se boetie se niggie se neef said.. "

If you cannot substantiate a post like this with actual evidence and comparing figures, you should rather just sit down and shut the f up..

And every time it is the same people.
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2021/06/07 at 10:59 AM.

2021 FJ Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    People posting crap like this on every Ford thread that they can find. Without any evidence, just once again " my mechie says", and "my oom se boetie se niggie se neef said.. "

If you cannot substantiate a post like this with actual evidence and comparing figures, you should rather just sit down and shut the f up..
    Sleg geslaap?
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

083 399 2046

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Uys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Nee wat ou maat - ORALS lees ek oor ford engines wat ### - ORALS - maar bitter min oor toyota of nissan of kia of isuzu, snaaks as dit dan so algemeen is - hoekom hoor mens so min daarvan? Is hulle maar net skaam?

Niemand is so blind soos hy wat nie wil sien nie - en by the way, ek ry ook 'n ford maar ek is NIE 'n brand monkey nie.

So, why don YOU SHAT THE F up !!

Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

Just buy a Hilux and end of troubles

Nee wat ou maat - ORALS lees ek oor ford engines wat ### - ORALS - maar bitter min oor toyota of nissan of kia of isuzu, snaaks as dit dan so algemeen is - hoekom hoor mens so min daarvan? Is hulle maar net skaam?

Niemand is so blind soos hy wat nie wil sien nie - en by the way, ek ry ook 'n ford maar ek is NIE 'n brand monkey nie.

So, why don YOU SHAT THE F up !!

Shut, Willem, the word is shut the f up..

2021 FJ Cruiser

I repeat.

I doubt there is any fault on either of those engines. I just think that they are so badly strangled, that any engine would respond in the same way.
    That is very contradictory.
    FJC - Just Cruising

Sorry to hear about your troubles... it seems that its a bit of a hit & miss affair with regards to engine replacements on Ford's, but thats just my opinion based on this forum.

I have a 2.2 Everest sitting at 100k kms and my FIL has the 3.2 ranger at around 150k kms without any issues (the 3.2 works really hard on the farm and the Everest does the school run... so less hard). Both are 2017 models though- not sure if the newer facelifted models had some upgrades relating to the engine that could make a difference?

Jouko's pdf attachment is an eye-opener...

Please read it.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

I will probably get skinned alive for this, but so be it.

Everybody assumes that the manufacturer/dealer has your best interests at heart. This is not so.

The diesel in ZA is terrible. We all know that. But go look at the studies that UDF do. They test a random sample, every month.

http://www.udfiltration.com/news/
    http://www.udfiltration.com/faqs-fuel-filtration/

The grit in that sample is about 5-7micron. The OEM filter's tolerance is about 12-20micron. The injector tips are about 2micron. That is why all the proper filters aim at 2micron and finer.

80% of diesel engine failures are due to fuelling. Bad spray pattern etc.

Now add blocked CAT and EGR and you have a proper cocktail.

So in my book.
    Give the engine clean air. Not smog from the EGR.
    Give the piston proper atomised fuel, not droplets.
    Give the injector clean diesel, not something abrasive.
    Get rid of the exhaust gas. Not hold it back and build heat and backpressure.

But, that is my 2c worth.
    Last edited by Henris; 2021/06/07 at 05:14 PM.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

So how do we constantly get clean diesel, notably if we cannot always fill-up at the same pump?

Everybody assumes that the manufacturer/dealer has your best interests at heart. This is not so.

The diesel in ZA is terrible. We all know that. But go look at the studies that UDF do. They test a random sample, every month.

The grit in that sample is about 5-7micron. The OEM filter's tolerance is about 12-20micron. The injector tips are about 2micron. That is why all the proper filters aim at 2micron and finer.

So in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Question.. Are the engine replacements brand new or patched repair jobs?
    Brand new engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Katerikar View Post
    Brand new engine.
    The installation carried out by Ford Dealership chosen by Ford Motor Company SA Head Office in Pretoria, and the brand new engine provided by Ford Motor Company SA.

So in my book.

Hi, this is all educational and very helpful for me, I appreciate that.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Katerikar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Worth to read this study:
    Thanks, will read.

One thing to point out that the fuel quality is the cause but should your product not be able to have sufficient filtration capabilities?

I do think there will be cases where customers fill up with bad fuel for various reasons or unwillingly have diesel with a high water content. A lot of OEM's in the commercial sector (HCV, EHCV, Construction and Agricultural) add Donaldson (some add their own filter or other solution) pre filters with a decent quality water trap as well for our local (read Africa) conditions.

Best of luck with your issue. Hoping this gets resolved favorably.
    Pieter le Roux

Quote Originally Posted by Prenny View Post
    Retune done February 2021. Now pushing 190kW and 605Nm at the wheels.
    At the wheels?

Ummmm...

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Jouko's pdf attachment is an eye-opener...

Please read it.
    just printed it, want to read it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Katerikar For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast