Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    At the wheels?

Ummmm...
    Let's just hope the locknuts hold...
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

Default Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Let's just hope the locknuts hold...
    Or that the wheelie bar is long enough...

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    Nee wat ou maat - ORALS lees ek oor ford engines wat ### - ORALS - maar bitter min oor toyota of nissan of kia of isuzu, snaaks as dit dan so algemeen is - hoekom hoor mens so min daarvan? Is hulle maar net skaam?

Niemand is so blind soos hy wat nie wil sien nie - en by the way, ek ry ook 'n ford maar ek is NIE 'n brand monkey nie.

So, why don YOU SHAT THE F up !!

Ditto. Hoekom hoor ons selde of ooit van ander make wat dieselfde oorkom?
    Last edited by Hennie84; 2021/06/08 at 10:30 AM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hennie84 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hloni View Post
    So how do we constantly get clean diesel, notably if we cannot always fill-up at the same pump?
    Why do you think he's advocating the fuel filters?

For exactly this reason.
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

My father in law is on his 3rd 3.2 Engine 2016 model 150 000, brother in law on his 2nd 2.2 Engine 2017 model 84 000 and my neighbor had his 2nd engine installed 3.2 2016 model 96 000 he now went over to VW. I normally don't give any credence to rumors or stories not directly from the owners but this is first hand knowledge. Replaced my 3rd 3.2 Ranger within 2000 km due to oil pick up resonance and oil use, Ford Montana just said despite the recall they do not advise their technicians open the engine up for the recall as they do not have the confidence in their own ability. Multiple other failures on the family in laws' own and staff vehicles i.e. transfer case, air con, leaf springs, transmission ect. There must be some inherent design flaw maybe not in the block itself but some support system i.e. cooling, injectors ect. and the retooling of the factory or recalls would just be more expensive than replacing the engines. I spoke to the CEO of Ford SA last week during a visit at my home, the Ford Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo 4x4 costs around R320 000 to manufacture before delivery to the dealerships.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergh View Post
    My father in law is on his 3rd 3.2 Engine 2016 model 150 000, brother in law on his 2nd 2.2 Engine 2017 model 84 000 and my neighbor had his 2nd engine installed 3.2 2016 model 96 000 he now went over to VW. I normally don't give any credence to rumors or stories not directly from the owners but this is first hand knowledge. Replaced my 3rd 3.2 Ranger within 2000 km due to oil pick up resonance and oil use, Ford Montana just said despite the recall they do not advise their technicians open the engine up for the recall as they do not have the confidence in their own ability. Multiple other failures on the family in laws' own and staff vehicles i.e. transfer case, air con, leaf springs, transmission ect. There must be some inherent design flaw maybe not in the block itself but some support system i.e. cooling, injectors ect. and the retooling of the factory or recalls would just be more expensive than replacing the engines. I spoke to the CEO of Ford SA last week during a visit at my home, the Ford Wildtrak 2.0 biturbo 4x4 costs around R320 000 to manufacture before delivery to the dealerships.
    The Ford CEO gave you his factory cost price for a Wildtrak?

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

"Stil, broers,daar gaan ‘n man verby, hy groet, en dis verlaas.
    Daar’s nog maar een soos hy; bekyk hom goed."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

Cool Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    At the wheels?

Ummmm...

With the aircon on or off?

Talking Re: Second Engine Replacement Required for Ford Ranger less than 3 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Prenny View Post
    Really sorry to hear of your troubles!

I also have a 2013 3.2XLT 4X2 6-speed manual. Current Mileage 310620km. Original gearbox.
    Only issue was damaged water pipe frayed against battery earth cable. Lead to damaged head gasket.
    Only realised gasket was damaged after 2 trips Durban-Sasolburg and back and Durban-Kruger Park and back.
    SAC in Vanderbijlpark picked it up (mileage 191000km) when they upgraded turbo, intercooler, chip and exhaust.
    Retune done February 2021. Now pushing 190kW and 605Nm at the wheels.

In my opinion the toughest bakkie yet. Hauls heavy loads and a heavy trailer almost daily.
    Carry out oil and oil filter change every 7500km.

190kw and 605nm with them aircon on or off?

Jip, then service costs, dealership profit, transport, storage, insurance, R&D for next gen vehicles, advertising and sponsorship costs ect. need to be paid for.

So you managed 2x trips from Durbs to Sasol, and Kruger to Sasol with an empty coolant system and only suffered a headgasket failure so slight that you didn't even notice it yourself....wow................................

Quote Originally Posted by WernerDV View Post
    Out of interest - has your catalytic converter ever been checked? I have a suspicion that the injector failure on my Isuzu (2011) was caused by a badly clogged up cat.

I suspect that a lot of people don't consider this.
    Frankly, not sure. The car has a full service history with authorised Ford dealerships.

Guys, I have to make a practical decision now and I hope some of you would help with practical advice going forward: Do I pay for a third engine (with the obvious risk that the third engine will also definitely get damaged 2 years later and ill be back to square one)?. Secondly, Do I forget about the Ford Ranger and go for another diesel make, and hope that the other make will suffer less engine failures (eg Toyota Hilux or Isuzu KB or VW Amarok)?, or thirdly, I forget about diesel bakkies and look for a petrol fuelled double cab? This is practical decision time, (I have a cattle farm in Limpopo, so whatever happens I need a bakkie that I can go offroad with and still use it daily to work in Joburg)

Lifes too short for all of us to be driving 040 White Toyotas.
    Quote Originally Posted by AfriqueDS View Post
    Just buy a Hilux and end of troubles
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    Lifes too short for all of us to be driving 040 White Toyotas.
    I dont car what colour the car is , the main purpose is to get me their and back reliably, lifes also to short to have a car parked in the garage with a broken engine every few months.. .

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiaan Pot For This Useful Post:

I drive one of thise 040 white Toyotas, they are also fallible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    I dont car what colour the car is , the main purpose is to get me their and back reliably, lifes also to short to have a car parked in the garage with a broken engine every few months.. .
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

I think I must buy one of these problematic Fords and give it my my "upgrades". Then I will put the Uniglide brand all over it. See if it still breaks down.
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    Uniglide
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Henris For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by stephenplumb View Post
    Sounds like they don't really know how to design an engine. It's much like landrovers that lost many, many engines, for the sake of a low water alarm. Even mk1 golfs had a low water sensor.

Most modern ECUs have a pretty good idea what is going on, and have pretty tight control of the injectors and have at least 1 knock sensor lurking around. To loose an engine in this day and age, is unforgivable and it just means that the OEM is cheaping out on some basic sensors that should be included and probably a few more lines of code that should have been written into the ECU.
    Also don't understand how the makers of this engine could continue to just live with the fact that customers are losing this engines at such a high frequency rate? This must surely be a clear and bad comment on the company's engineering competency!
    Last edited by Katerikar; 2021/06/11 at 05:46 AM. Reason: spelling

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Katerikar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Henris View Post
    I repeat.

I doubt there is any fault on either of those engines. I just think that they are so badly strangled, that any engine would respond in the same way.
    Maybe they need someone to give them a call, sounds like the sort of advice they badly need!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    Agreed! life is too short!!! Spending R130,000 on a new T6 Ford Ranger 3.2TDIC engine every 2 years and six months is just plain crazy. My car is 8 years old this year, and if I go ahead with the engine replacement, it will be a 3rd engine in 8 years. ...This is insane stupid!!!
    Last edited by Katerikar; 2021/06/11 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    I drive one of thise 040 white Toyotas, they are also fallible.
    In what way? How old is yours, and how many engine replacements have you had so far?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast