Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Latest Covid travel restriction from MOH

Not good for Zambia, see attached:PoE Guidelines version 2.0 with Annex.pdf
    Last edited by tripodontour; 2021/05/21 at 10:08 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tripodontour For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Latest Covid travel restriction from MOH

So all South Africans will be regarded as coming from one of the 15 high risk countries and will be re-swabbed at the border for a Covid PCR test and will undergo a 14 day quarantine. This is whether they have a <72hr old current Covid PCR test result or not.

All those who have documentary evidence of FULL vaccination (2 doses 3/52 apart for all but J&J) and negative <72hr old current Covid PCR test result, will be allowed to enter.

I think this will be the international trend, with Covid vaccination certificates the surest way to cross borders.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

StanThat is the way we understand it at the moment. Still trying to find out how it will affect Europeans etc who transit through SA or Kenya.It has massive implications for our tourist industry

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    "...
    All those who have documentary evidence of FULL vaccination (2 doses 3/52 apart for all but J&J) and negative <72hr old current Covid PCR test result, will be allowed to enter. ..."
    Not completely clear if this will also be applied to citizens from "the high risk group" of countries.

Being fully vaccinated does not necessarily mean not being a carrier/ spreader by the current understanding.

AP
    Last edited by apfac; 2021/05/21 at 11:59 PM.

The following list of countries after arrival in Zambia...AND NOT BEING VACCINATED ONCE(J&J) OR TWICE (PHIZER AND OTHERS), and not having a negative covid swab <72HRS,
    will be swabbed and quarantined for 14 days in Zambia (subsequent swab positive or negative).
    India , Iran , Turkey , France , Germany , Russia , Brazil , Argentina , South Africa , Egypt , Tunisia , Kenya , Italy , Tanzania.

SO INNOCULATION DOCUMENT PASSES ARE BECOMING A FACT AND WILL NOT VANISH SOON. THIS IS FAST BECOMING A RIGID REQUIREMENT.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Thank you Stan.

That is what I understand as well from the above document. Nevertheless, the point I make is that they are not completely clear if Section 4 (vaccination), paragraph b) - is also applied to those coming from High risk countries. Does it apply to ALL travellers, including the ones coming from the listed countries? Do they still have to be re-tested at POE and wait ("quarantine") for the result, although they have been fully vaccinated and negatively tested <72hrs?

I believe the document should be clearer and not give space for misinterpretations/ assumptions.

AP
    Last edited by apfac; 2021/05/22 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apfac View Post
    Thank you Stan.

That is what I understand as well from the above document. Nevertheless, the point I make is that they are not completely clear if Section 4 (vaccination), paragraph b) - is also applied to those coming from High risk countries. Does it apply to ALL travellers, including the ones coming from the listed countries? Do they still have to be re-tested at POE and wait ("quarantine") for the result, although they have been fully vaccinated and negatively tested <72hrs?

I believe the document should be clearer and not give space for misinterpretations/ assumptions.

AP
    Sec 4 paragraph b) does say that travelers that are fully vaccinated will be exempted from quarantine, which certainly implies that if you were required to be quarantined from the previous rules, that vaccination will exempt you from that. But yes, clarity will be needed. As we've seen with many countries covid entry policies, the flaws in the rules are quickly revealed and updates follow, so hopefully it won't be too long until things are more clear.
    Blog of our African travels: stuckinlowgear.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CalDriver For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    The following list of countries after arrival in Zambia...AND NOT BEING VACCINATED ONCE(J&J) OR TWICE (PHIZER AND OTHERS), and not having a negative covid swab <72HRS,
    will be swabbed and quarantined for 14 days in Zambia (subsequent swab positive or negative).
    India , Iran , Turkey , France , Germany , Russia , Brazil , Argentina , South Africa , Egypt , Tunisia , Kenya , Italy , Tanzania.

SO INNOCULATION DOCUMENT PASSES ARE BECOMING A FACT AND WILL NOT VANISH SOON. THIS IS FAST BECOMING A RIGID REQUIREMENT.
    I believe this makes Zambia the first country in Africa to accept vaccination in their entry policies? It will be very interesting to see who follows. In contrast, it was interesting to read the travel blog of the couple in the DRC, with boots on the ground reporting of covid entry enforcement in reality, vs the policy.

Good to see that positive tests will be subject to genomic sequencing, hopefully it will indeed happen. I think I read that Namibia's cases are some 60% South African variant, so one would assume that Zambia is up there as well. Hardly makes sense at that point to call out South Africans specifically, particularly if truck drivers are being let through the border without quarantine.

The world over all these requirements are imperfect, all moving in fits and starts in kinda' sorta' the right direction. Missteps are inevitable, but it does appear that progress is being made. Hopefully Zambia and others continually update their policies and keep the parts that work and drop the parts that don't or are totally impractical.
    Blog of our African travels: stuckinlowgear.com

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CalDriver For This Useful Post:

Just to be sure here.
    If I don’t want a 14 day quarantine I need to be vaccinated but it is impossible to be vaccinated in SA if you are under 60 and not a healthcare/essential worker?

Latest MOH guidelines no longer list SA as a red list country therefore no need to quarantine if you have a PCR test less than 72 hrs old.
    Will post the new guidelines in a new threat with a date to avoid travelers reading dated information. Seems to be changing so fast.
    2002 HZJ105R Land Cruiser - being built as an overlander

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ozranger For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ozranger View Post
    Latest MOH guidelines no longer list SA as a red list country therefore no need to quarantine if you have a PCR test less than 72 hrs old.
    Will post the new guidelines in a new threat with a date to avoid travelers reading dated information. Seems to be changing so fast.
    Thanks for this good news Ozranger.
    I was about to cancel my July travel plans but will wait for your update. Please post ASAP !!

Posted!

[COLOR=var(--primary-text)]List of high risk countries (updated every 2 weeks):[/COLOR]

• [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Argentina[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Columbia[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Chile[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Brazil[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Netherlands[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Belgium[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]India[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Peru[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Iran[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Turkey[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Iraq[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Spain[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Tunisia[/COLOR]
    • [COLOR=var(--primary-text)]Iraq[/COLOR]

Emirates has suspended the carriage of passengers from Zambia to Dubai effective 11 June 2021 and until further notice. Only the following categories of passengers will be accepted for travel to Dubai:

https://www.emirates.com/english/hel...ents/tourists/

I am driving to Zambia on Saturday. If I have a 72 hour negative covid test would I still be exempt from a 14 day quarantine coming from South Africa?

As far as I am aware, SA is still not listed as a high risk country and you should not have to quarantine with a 72hr PCR.

There is a government address today on COVID but I think it'll mostly be about schools, universities and bars, I'll try post if anything changes.
    Last edited by ozranger; 2021/07/15 at 09:58 AM.

As far as I am aware, SA is still not listed as a high risk country and you should not have to quarantine with a 72hr PCR.

There is a government address today on COVID but I think it'll mostly be about schools, universities and bars, I'll try post if anything changes.
    Thank you. Really appreciate it

No change to entry requirements. Updates was just about statistics and vaccinations.

I've also seen a couple SA registered overlanders driving around too if that helps.

No change to entry requirements. Updates was just about statistics and vaccinations.

I've also seen a couple SA registered overlanders driving around too if that helps.
    Thanks so much. Really appreciate your post

Hi, does anybody know how Trusted Travel scheme is implemented in Zambia? As far as I know even the exit via Livingston airport must be done with TT acredited lab PCR 72h test. Still just only TWO labs in Lusaka and NONE in Livingston?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast