Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ellisras
    Age
    39
    Posts
    62
    Thanked: 7

    Default Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Hi guys. I bought a wildtrak. I'm thinking on buying a roller shutter thing to close the back. I have asked my Ford dealer and they only install keko (manual shutter). What would u guys recommend from experience and what advise on getting manual or electronic? Also, doesn't Ford offer that option from factory?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Quote Originally Posted by Specia1one View Post
    Hi guys. I bought a wildtrak. I'm thinking on buying a roller shutter thing to close the back. I have asked my Ford dealer and they only install keko (manual shutter). What would u guys recommend from experience and what advise on getting manual or electronic? Also, doesn't Ford offer that option from factory?
    I have a securilid on my wildtrak. Going on 7 years now. Bought it new.

    You can get cheaper outside of a Ford Dealership. They outsource that anyway and add a markup.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ellisras
    Age
    39
    Posts
    62
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    I have a securilid on my wildtrak. Going on 7 years now. Bought it new.

    You can get cheaper outside of a Ford Dealership. They outsource that anyway and add a markup.
    I will search for that securelid. Do u know plus minus how much it cost now? Can u put any weight on top of it? Example can u stand on it?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Quote Originally Posted by Specia1one View Post
    I will search for that securelid. Do u know plus minus how much it cost now? Can u put any weight on top of it? Example can u stand on it?
    Offhand I have never tried to put weight on it. My neighbour has the same kind but has some kind of rack facility on top of that for his bikes.

    7 years ago it was in the region of R15k to R20k.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ellisras
    Age
    39
    Posts
    62
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    Offhand I have never tried to put weight on it. My neighbour has the same kind but has some kind of rack facility on top of that for his bikes.

    7 years ago it was in the region of R15k to R20k.
    It's manual?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Quote Originally Posted by Specia1one View Post
    It's manual?
    Yip

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Vredenburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Hi there
    I bought my SecuriLid Type 218 in 2019 for R16k. Bought the manual one. Less moving parts and its not so difficult or heavy to pull close. I think SecuriLid is the best on the market.
    N3il J
    2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2L BiT (Bruin Beer)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellville / Weskus
    Age
    35
    Posts
    485
    Thanked: 30

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    I like my Securi-Lid a lot, evrything locked and secured and open it to throw stuff and my dog on the back.

    Yes you lose a lot of space but you can still fit in a lot if you're smart about it.

    https://youtu.be/E9wc4TgllhY

    The rails on the side can be used to mount a rack, I can now fit my tent above the lid.






    Ive also secured soft stuff that won't scratch, like a ground tent straight on the lid.
    Last edited by dumbluck; 2021/06/24 at 03:38 PM.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to dumbluck For This Useful Post:


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    45
    Posts
    699
    Thanked: 67

    Default Re: Best Roller shutter to install on a d/c

    Look at Superior landcover's. If you fit their off-road braces, they guarantee a 400kg payload (dynamic weight). Their roller mechanism is also not spring loaded and lockable in any open position.
    2021 Ford Ranger Raptor
    Rhino 4x4 Rocksliders
    Superior load cover
    Rhino 4x4 Sports bar

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •