Default Covidv_19 pcr test livingstone cost

I am going up to Livingstone/Upper Zambezi in June this year. I need to get a PCR test done to get back into Botswana. Does anyone know what it

costs and where is the best place to get it done.

Default Re: Covidv_19 pcr test livingstone cost

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    I am going up to Livingstone/Upper Zambezi in June this year. I need to get a PCR test done to get back into Botswana. Does anyone know what it

costs and where is the best place to get it done.
    At Lancet it will be 1110 kwatcha. At the hospital it was 1000 kwatcha. But then you need a travel certificate as well for 500 kwatcha. And they look at the travel certificate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    At Lancet it will be 1110 kwatcha. At the hospital it was 1000 kwatcha. But then you need a travel certificate as well for 500 kwatcha. And they look at the travel certificate as well.
    Sorry, there is no lancet in Livingstone. But Government hospital will do the test

Thanks for the reply. How long does it take to get the results bearing in mind I want to use the same test to get back into S A at Martins Drift (one

night along the way.? (72 hours before expiry )The fishing lodge I am booked at showed me a special at a lodge in Livingstone where if you book in

for a night they can arrange a test in that afternoon ,results early next day .Cost USD 120.I can then leave straight after getting the results which

will allow to get to Francistown before nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    Thanks for the reply. How long does it take to get the results bearing in mind I want to use the same test to get back into S A at Martins Drift (one

night along the way.? (72 hours before expiry )The fishing lodge I am booked at showed me a special at a lodge in Livingstone where if you book in

for a night they can arrange a test in that afternoon ,results early next day .Cost USD 120.I can then leave straight after getting the results which

will allow to get to Francistown before nightfall.
    120USD is steep but I suppose it could be nice for peace of mind. I saw their Teaching Central Hospital does the test and I assume the travel certificate as well as it was done in Lusaka. I had the test results at 8:00 the next day and I did the test at 9:00 the previous day. The travel certificate is literally just a piece of paper you pay for. That is a standard cost of 500 kwatcha. Maybe find out if the 120USD includes the travel certificate as well. If you can afford the 120 maybe for the little extra bit of peace of mind it might be worth it?

I doubt that the USD 120 includes the Travel Certificate as the lodge that is organising the test has set up the deal for someone to do it at their

place and then they transfer you to the airport once the test is received , in that case the Certificate will not be needed There are no flights into

Livingstone from JHB yet .I will enquire with the travel agent to make sure. It is a 4 hour drive from the fishing lodge to Livingstone so we will only

arrive at midday which if the test takes 24 hours we will need 2 nights in Livingstone as I doubt we can get back deep into Botswana if we leave in

the afternoon. A 5 day fishing trip looks like it will end up as a 10 day holiday.!!

And like fools we have just booked our flights to Livingstone this morning (Saturday 22nd) without doing THOROUGH homework... And now we are hit with the following announcement...

Let's hope sanity prevails and they allow PCR test without 14 day Quarantine PoE Guidelines version 2.0 with Annex(1).pdf

We are supposed to leave this Thursday. Were planning to go for the PCR tests on Tuesday .The Travel companies are up in arms about the 14 day Quarantine and are trying to do something. I doubt anything will happen quickly so looks like our trip will have to be re - scheduled to later in the year, if allowed to do so.SA AIRLINK were starting flights up to Livingstone next week , I cannot see that happening now

We are also in contact with folks on the ground in Livingstone... As and when we get any updates will post on here... Crazy times continue

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nickeld For This Useful Post:

Just had word from Shackeltons Fishing Lodge that Zambia are NOT implementing the 14 day quarantine at Kazungula border or Livingstone

Airport. Our fishing trip is on again. We may be subject to a rapid test at the the border upon entry and still have to spend a day in Livingstone

getting a PCR test for the trip back. Going for the PCR test tomorrow at Ampath Labs and will get the results on Wednesday. Leaving 4:00 am

Thursday with a night at Elephant Sands (Nata),should get to Kazungula within the 72 hours time limit. If I get an official letter I will post it here

Fantastic news Tony... Holding thumbs for you...

I will PM you my contact details if OK with you

.................................................. ...................

Just received this note from a tour operator on the ground in Livingstone .... I think the situation will continue to be fluid for the next few days as the regulations only came into effect today (24th May). Hopefully the tourist industry will have some sway as to what they decide to actually implement

"High risk countries are mandatory for quarantine weather your results are positive or negative but if you show no signs you are free to go in 7 days instead of 14 days. But if you are not from any of the high risk countries, temperature has to be normal and if you don't show any signs of covid-19 then you can go ahead"
    Last edited by Nickeld; 2021/05/24 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Updated info