Default Beach Driving St Lucia

Hi is Beach driving allowed with permits like at Sodwana.

Default Re: Beach Driving St Lucia

Only if you are going to launch a boat.
    HENK

Hello guys. Can someone tell me more about beach driving in Sodwana
    Blessings
    Quote Originally Posted by JTF View Post
    Hi is Beach driving allowed with permits like at Sodwana.

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    Blessings
    Was there 6 months ago, permits issued on a first come basis at entrance gate.
    What disappointment as you can basically drive for 200 mt bf you stopped as that is the limit, why bother.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Fredp View Post
    Was there 6 months ago, permits issued on a first come basis at entrance gate.
    What disappointment as you can basically drive for 200 mt bf you stopped as that is the limit, why bother.
    I once stood in the queue in my jocks at 04h00 in the morning. I was 50th in the queue.

The nice thing (even though you can't go far) is the fact that you don't have to carry your gazebo and chairs and whatnot over the hot beach sand.
    And if you have a awning, even better.
    My ryding: 'n Ding met 4 rubber sirkels en n enjin wat nou en dan aangedryf word met al 4 sirkels

Got a storey about queuing

Worked in Saudi yonks ago and stood in queue at port authority using a runner bloke for 2 weeks everyday to get a pass to contract in the port. Was during the Riyad uprising.

Eventually they issued a pass. A whole story. When we were travelling back to the digs the interpreter read that we had a 1 day pass for the next day. Couldn't believe it!

We used it for 1 year. The guards could not read. There was some risk though.

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Missionary View Post
    Blessings
    We go there quite a lot.

Normally 100 permits are issued outside the gate and a 100 inside the gate. This would refer to the Parks board gate at the Silversands shop.

So during December holidays it gets really hectic and you have to wake up early to get the permit. Although I despise it, it is worth it in my opinion for the ease of it all.

I am not aware of any other beach in SA that you can drive on for pleasure (not to launch a boat). This is the main reason why we go there. With 2 kids and all the accompanying paraphernalia it would take me forever to carry everything so far.

From the ramp where you access the beach (for pleasure) you can only drive North for about 2 km. You can stop in any part of this stretch. After this there is a sign to say you may not go further. South of this ramp is blocked by poles.

To gain access to the South side you can walk through the poles or if you launch your boat you are allowed to access that specific ramp for boats and divers (and their support crews and vehicles) only. Normal vehicles may not enter there.

Beach opens at 06h00 and closes at 18h00 during peak times if I remember correctly. I also think the beach is closed for driving during the week on non holidays.

No alcohol allowed on the beach as well although I have seen many people consuming their beverages in a creative way. (saying on behalf of a friend).
    2020 Ford Everest XLT 2.0 (Swambo)
    2018 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4