Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Bought an Infiniti QX70

Hi guys. Its been a while since I have posted. I have bought a second hand Infiniti QX70 3.0D S Premium. So far I am enjoying the vehicle. In terms of care and maintenance is there anything I should watch out for?
    2013 Infiniti QX70 3.0D S Premium
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Default Re: Bought an Infiniti QX70

Welcome back- Nice car something different to the mainstream out there. Also well priced second hand.

Nissan underpinning so should be reliable.

what happened to the Lexus?

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail-VWTiguan View Post
    Hi guys. Its been a while since I have posted. I have bought a second hand Infiniti QX70 3.0D S Premium. So far I am enjoying the vehicle. In terms of care and maintenance is there anything I should watch out for?
    Year Model?Maintenance Plan?

Nissan Service Costs are expensive.Nissan Nv200 oil change & filter R4000.
    I would plan ahead and call Nissan on service costs at the various major and minor service intervals.

2015 Toyota Fortuner 2.5 d4d VNT 4speed Auto ( Cressida GearBox,Monroe GasMagnum4x4 Shocks)

Thanks buddy, its good to be communicating with the guys again. Had the lexus for while and then got a good offer, so I let it go. But I still got the GS350. Picked up this 2013 QX70 with 32000km for R360000.00. Moves like a dream.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJustin View Post
    Year Model?Maintenance Plan?

Nissan Service Costs are expensive.Nissan Nv200 oil change & filter R4000.
    I would plan ahead and call Nissan on service costs at the various major and minor service intervals.

I will contact Nissan to check on service costs. The warranty is up, so I will be searching for an insurer to renew the warranty. Do you have any suggestions? The vehicle is a 2013 Infiniti QX70 S premium 32000km on the clock.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail-VWTiguan View Post
    I will contact Nissan to check on service costs. The warranty is up, so I will be searching for an insurer to renew the warranty. Do you have any suggestions? The vehicle is a 2013 Infiniti QX70 S premium 32000km on the clock.

very nice car. it is different!

i can't say which insurer is better,

Would be nice to know the services costs will be?

2015 Toyota Fortuner 2.5 d4d VNT 4speed Auto ( Cressida GearBox,Monroe GasMagnum4x4 Shocks)

Was doing some work at a Infinity dealer and landed up speaking to one of the main dudes, he obviously raved about the product. He did say they were having problems with the Diesel cars and the DPF blocking up, no fault of the product but more the driver. Some people only do very short trips with them, eg live in Melrose and drive to Sandton to do shopping and then drive home, the DPF never gets up to temperature and then blocks up, car goes into limp mode. In the workshop they then plug the car into their system and do a forced regeneration of the DPF, after this is done the oil gets drained as it was exposed to high temperatures and a new oil filter and oil get put in. Client gets presented with a bill for the oil (not cheap at all), obviously they get upset as itís not part of the service plan. So best no short trips with these cars.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Geiler Keiler For This Useful Post:

Is dit die een wat soos Batman se kar lyk? Plaas seblief 'n kiekie man!

Grand Cherokee 5.7L V8
    Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar (sold )
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )

I have the car for two weeks and put on 1500km so far. I am pleasantly surprised with the ride quality and power. I had a Lexus RX and VW Touareg before this and I don't feel short changed, I feel its better than the Lexus and Touareg. The build quality and fit and finish is fantastic. The gizmos work perfectly and there are a lot of gizmos. Overall a great driving experience. I now understand why there is a demand for this vehicle in the second hand market.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Fuel consumption average is around 9.2L to 9.7L/100KM using 10PPM. This is normal round trip of 43km a day to work and back. So far topped up 3 fills and averaged close to 820km to a tank. Filled up when reserve light comes on and distance to empty reads 68km.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Quick question: where do you service Infiniti vehicles? Only Infinity dealerships or other Nissan dealerships as well? Just wondering as the Infiniti dealerships are few and far between.

So if you are far away from a dealership on holiday for instance, how is it handled?

Cool Re: Bought an Infiniti QX70

I have driven this vehicle for almost a year and I am glad to report that there have been no major issues. The minor issues that have cropped up is the vehicle about 3 months ago did go into limp mode while driving. I called the dealer and was advised to restart the vehicle and all should be back to normal. Seems like this occurs sometimes due to low battery voltage when the vehicle stands for a while. Problem never cropped up again. Another fault light that came on was the RAS light (rear active steering). Switched the vehicle off and on again and the problem has never cropped up again. Besides the above issue I have experienced no other problems. I am enjoying the RAS especially in mall parking area. It does make parking and maneuvering in small spaces like underground parking areas much easier. The active cruise control is fantastic and the cruise control stop go in traffic works quite well, although I have notices that fuel consumption goes up when it is used. The other gadgets (and there is a lot) are working perfectly. The ride quality is good but not as good as an air suspension but where its better is when driving on the highway and then the active sports suspension comes into play. Fantastic road holding and cornering. Better then the Lexus RX and VW Touareg. I am very happy so far and have began to notice a few more Infiniti Qx around. Sad that Infiniti has downscaled operations. They should keep at it the way Lexus did and I am sure they will get a faithful following. By the way, I noticed some of the newer SUV's are now adopting the tech the Infiniti QX came with back in 2012. Glad I didn't pay a lot for old tech.
    Last edited by Ismail-VWTiguan; 2018/07/23 at 04:20 PM.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Cool Re: Bought an Infiniti QX70

I have driven this vehicle for almost a year and I am glad to report that there have been no major issues. The minor issues that have cropped up is the vehicle about 3 months ago did go into limp mode while driving. I called the dealer and was advised to restart the vehicle and all should be back to normal. Seems like this occurs sometimes due to low battery voltage when the vehicle stands for a while. Problem never cropped up again. Another fault light that came on was the RAS light (rear active steering). Switched the vehicle off and on again and the problem has never cropped up again. Besides the above issue I have experienced no other problems. I am enjoying the RAS especially in mall parking area. It does make parking and maneuvering in small spaces like underground parking areas much easier. The active cruise control is fantastic and the cruise control stop go in traffic works quite well, although I have notices that fuel consumption goes up when it is used. The other gadgets (and there is a lot) are working perfectly. The ride quality is good but not as good as an air suspension but where its better is when driving on the highway and then the active sports suspension comes into play. Fantastic road holding and cornering. Better then the Lexus RX and VW Touareg. I am very happy so far and have began to notice a few more Infiniti Qx around. Sad that Infiniti has downscaled operations. They should keep at it the way Lexus did and I am sure they will get a faithful following. By the way, I noticed some of the newer SUV's are now adopting the tech the Infiniti QX came with back in 2012. Glad I didn't pay a lot for old tech.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ismail-VWTiguan For This Useful Post:

Needed to replace the tyres at 49153 km. I could have got another 1000 km off the set of Dunlop 245/45/R21 but decided to change them. Called around for quotes and the cheapest quote I received for a set of Dunlops SP Sport was R4589.00 each. I then decided to take a chance on a set of DURUN tyres at R2376 each. This equated to a saving of R2213.00 per tyre. I have since driven 332 km. Thus far I am happy with the tyre performance. The noticeable difference is a softer ride and drastically reduced cabin noise levels. Happy that there has been no issues to report. Vehicle is still a pleasure to drive. At the prices you can buy them for its really a no brainer. Bullet proof JAP tech.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

Serviced the vehicle at Hatfield Nissan during the December holidays. The service quote I received from Melrose Nissan was R7500.00. Hatfield quoted R6600.00 less 10%. I decided to save some bucks and drove the 100km to service the vehicle. This service was a normal 15000km oil and filters changed. I instructed the dealership not to change the cabin air filter and they knocked of another R1000.00 off the bill. Total service cost amounted to R5040.00. Dealership experience was good. Hatfield Nissan provided me with a full inspection report attached to my invoice. I dropped of the vehicle at 6.30am and requested a lift to Menlyn Mall. Had some coffee, caught the 9.00am movie, had lunch and the vehicle was ready at 2.30pm. I used the vehicle for its first long distance trip. Drove to the motherland, Durban. Fuel consumption as per the trip meter displayed 8.3l to 100km. No issues to report. Ride quality is excellent. Cabin noise is almost on par with my Lexus. The radar cruise control came in handy in some foggy weather. Overall for the price I paid I am certainly not disappointed. Vehicle mileage is now 52000km.
    2012 Lexus GS 350
    1998 BMW Z3

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ismail-VWTiguan For This Useful Post:

The road noise with the Dunlops seem to be very common. I have promised myself to never again put any Dunlop on any of my vehicles. No matter how cheap or expensive they are.

Very good decision. Dunlops are crap.

Loving this thread and continous updates Ismail.
    Good to hear that you loving your motoring.

Subscribed

Also enjoying the thread, quality vehicle you have there Ismail, glad you enjoying it, keep the updates coming please
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

What is Rear active steering - the rear wheels can turn?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast