Default Dunlop AT5, Grabbers AT3 or Yokohama G015

Hi all,

Struggling to get stock of any AT tyres in Cape Town area, seems these are the only ones available in 265/60R18. Doing about 80/20 road/offroad. The 20% is rougher than gravel driving, lots of loose and sharp rocks in the Karoo with some LR now and again.

Which is the better option? I am cautious of road noise on my Everest but donít want cuts either. Or is someone aware of another option with stock available on CPT for the same price? Also thinking of doing namibia later the year.

Thanks

Default Re: Dunlop AT5, Grabbers AT3 or Yokohama G015

Out of those three, I'd go for the Grabber. Mainly because of the price point. Looking at the treads though, I'd say the Yokie would be less noisy
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Business bakkie)
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2007 Hyundai Atos (Tossie)

Happy with my Yoko's which handle Kgalagadi etc.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Just cannot go wrong with Grabbers.
    Jaco Nell

I have Yoko GO 15's on 2 of my vehicles and I am extremely happy with performance on gravel as well as tar. Also good in the wet.
    The more we talk about what is wrong, the less we see what is right in this world.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MikevR For This Useful Post:

I havent had the Dunlops or Yokohama's yet, but my experience with the present Grabbers versus the previous version is not that positive. Haven't had punctures, so that's fine, but the wear is a lot more on the new version. On the old one I had 4mm tread left after 60,000km, the new one's look about half worn after 20,000km. Old one handled mud and wet rocks (gripwise) a lot better.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by smitjj View Post
    Hi all,

Struggling to get stock of any AT tyres in Cape Town area, seems these are the only ones available in 265/60R18. Doing about 80/20 road/offroad. The 20% is rougher than gravel driving, lots of loose and sharp rocks in the Karoo with some LR now and again.

Which is the better option? I am cautious of road noise on my Everest but donít want cuts either. Or is someone aware of another option with stock available on CPT for the same price? Also thinking of doing namibia later the year.

Thanks
    2012 Nissan Navara DC 2,5DCi 4x4 AT
    (SOLD) 2002 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi
    1982 BMW R100RT

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DeonStr For This Useful Post: