View Poll Results: I have received the Right Product in the Right Time, Condition and Quantity

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10% of the time

0 0%
  • 20% of the time

0 0%
  • 30% of the time

0 0%
  • 40% of the time

0 0%
  • 50% of the time

2 1.06%
  • 60% of the time

2 1.06%
  • 70% of the time

6 3.17%
  • 80% of the time

7 3.70%
  • 90% of the time

51 26.98%
  • 100% of the time

121 64.02%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Takealot Performance

Product reviews world wide are a big problem for companies like Amazon, Takealot etc. There are automated bots and also real humans who write these reviews. To counter this bigger companies use services that look for fraudulent reviews and when found they are removed. What makes these reviews really dangerous is that such top reviews are fabricated for software used to take over computers etc.

I try to find tests done by known entities. Not easy.

The best is to return product if not as stated and give a reason "Faulty reviews"

Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    Have always had good service. I’m just very weary of the product reviews that get done. Seem some dodgy ones that made me question the authenticity of them.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Quick little update

The probability of a satisfactory delivery being above:

60%: Prob = 76% of the time
    70%: Prob = 74% of the time
    80%: Prob = 72% of the time
    90%: Prob = 34% of the time

There is an error in your spreadsheet. You are using P instead of P = 1 - p
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2021/05/13 at 01:04 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    There is an error in your spreadsheet. You are using P instead of P = 1 - p
    Nope, its correct. To calculate for P its 1-Dist. I calculate the Z Score for each variable to locate it on the bell curve, and then calculate where it sits in the normal distribution. From that, you calculate the probability of a number by where it will fall in the distribution by using P=1-Dist.
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    That flies over my head.

Way over

Imagine sitting on an aeroplane and its parts are manufactured by a company with a 1 Sigma rating. It means that for every 1 000 000 parts they make, 691 462 will be faulty. Compare that to a 6 Sigma parts maker, where only 3.4 parts will be defective.

One will fly over your head and one will probably hit you on the ground

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

WAJ

Imagine sitting on an aeroplane and its parts are manufactured by a company with a 1 Sigma rating. It means that for every 1 000 000 parts they make, 691 462 will be faulty. Compare that to a 6 Sigma parts maker, where only 3.4 parts will be defective.

Ah, so you are talking about Fords then

Last edited by WAJ; 2021/05/13 at 02:00 PM.
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    Ah, so you are talking about Fords then

Land Rovers actually

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

WAJ

Default Takealot Performance

Quick little update

The probability of a satisfactory delivery being above:

60%: Prob = 76% of the time
    70%: Prob = 74% of the time
    80%: Prob = 72% of the time
    90%: Prob = 34% of the time
    It actually comes as no surprise that Jeff Bizos maintains that he who has the most consumer data will win at the end of the day.

He understands consumer buying patterns and consumer psyche better than most. Probability models and theories plays a large role in this. He cannot control the human psyche but he can only predict it meaning that not all consumers can be pleased at the end of the day and therefore the business sales models will largely be based on that and similar probability theories to attract more and satisfy the existing. That’s the output side of the business.

On the input side, heavy automation with minimal human input and errors is his best bet to satisfy his customer base and grow it through repeat business and convenience. He understands it and admits is publicly. In the above calc, the 90% bracket is probably the bracket with the highest income earners and the others who are satisfied are the less fussy ones more than likely spending on credit.

As long as Takealot copies the Amazon model for the most part, they will succeed. Every time we review a product, information about us us collected and then similar products are targeted at us for us to buy through their “recently viewed” or “recommended products” categories. Online retailers will become more and more reliant on product reviews going forward and their returns policies and product offerings will be improve over time. However watch their pricing as it is gradually increasing over time.

Gradually they will create their own bell curves with their own data over time and standard deviations will be so minimal. Anything outside of a standard deviation caused by an employee or supplier will cost that person their nads.

My 2cw.
    Last edited by Therackermann; 2021/05/13 at 09:16 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Therackermann For This Useful Post:

Planes fly with a safety factor less than 1. They fly with known cracks. They just monitor them and fix when critical size is reached.

Try to do the same with a pressure vessel

Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

I’m a regular Takealot user and have been for a long time. I’ve never had a single issue on any of the aspects mentioned in the poll. 100% from me.

I would say around 90% of the time, HOWEVER, I have have had a number of items lately that have arrived and I have felt that the seller on takealot had taken "liberties" with their
    descriptions of the items, and that what arrived was not to the standard of how it was described, in particular when it came to supposed quality certifications, whereby
    there was zero markings to support claimed certification.
    And even when this is pointed out to takealot.... nothing is done about it to take down the item / amend accordingly.
    Last edited by ColeGP; 2021/05/13 at 10:15 PM.
    2009 Suzuki GV 3.2
    ex : 2010 Suzuki GV 2.4 M/T
    ex : 2007 Audi A4 2.0T - RS4 rear suspension

Update on where we stand:

65.3% of respondents to the poll were satisfied 100% of the time

26.6% of respondents to the poll were satisfied 90% of the time

3.2% of respondents to the poll were satisfied 80% of the time

3.2% of respondents to the poll were satisfied 70% of the time

1.6% of respondents to the poll were satisfied 60% of the time

There have been 124 respondents so far

Based on this data, this company would perform 100% 653 226 times in 1 000 000 opportunities giving it 346 774 Defects Per Million. This sits between a 1 and 2 Sigma range

Please note: This is not a representative sample of this company's customer experience nor is it a representative sample of this forum's members. These results only represent the experience of those who took the poll.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

Bump

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Just thought I'd quickly add.

Yesterday morning my mother asked me to order something for her, her laptop was in for repairs and she had just gotten a new phone and couldn't get an order successfully processed on it from Takealot.

Placed the order yesterday morning at around 09h00 and the earliest available free shipping date was this coming Monday.

Package arrived 10h25 this morning.

Now that is service!
    Nico Swart

Triton 2.5DiD D/C with SS
    ZS6NJS

One day, or Day One. You decide. Tomorrow is promised for no one!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Die SwartKat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Planes fly with a safety factor less than 1. They fly with known cracks. They just monitor them and fix when critical size is reached.

Try to do the same with a pressure vessel

Pressure vessels do the same. There is no such thing as a perfect vessel.

It would cost an infinite amount of money to make a perfect vessel.

It's just the magnitude of the fault that is under debate.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

Update 15.05.2021

Respondent Experience

62.2% have a 100% experience

28.6% have a 90% experience

4.2% have a 80% experience

2.8% have a 70% experience

1.4% have a 60% experience

0.7% have a 50% experience

The average experience would fall between 80 and 90% (85%)

Experience Probabilities

The probability of having an experience >40% is at 72.9%

The probability of having an experience >50% is at 71.9%

The probability of having an experience >60% is at 70.9%

The probability of having an experience >70% is at 68.8%

The probability of having an experience >80% is at 66.7%

The probability of having an experience >90% is at 27.0%

143 people responded to the poll

Sigma Ranking

The Sigma Ranking of this company based on these results is between 1 and 2 Sigma. (1.81 Sigma)

This means that at least 31% of orders could be defective in one or more of 4 areas: (i) Late delivery; (ii) Incorrect product; (iii) Damaged; (iv) Incorrect quantity.

Please Note: These results represent the experience of those who took the poll and do not represent the experience of the total customers of this company or the total members of this forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Estee; 2021/05/15 at 06:27 AM.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

What I find interesting about analysis like this is the difference between our subjective emotional response and our objective logical response.

To the 30% that inevitably will have a less than stellar experience, the emotional response will be the focus point.
    The expectations not met will be so personal that the company will be seen as a never to be used again.

To the 10% that will inevitably have the excellent experience, the company will be seen as the best company ever.

Our emotional response seems to polarize more, while our logical response is more bell curve like.

I guess this is where the art of business meets the mechanics of business. What happens if a company loses 30% of its online users per cycle of business because of poor performance. Somehow I suspect the 10% raving won't compensate.

So is it about the perception of competence to a certain degree?

Interesting excercise Sean. It does make one think.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

i only have takealot experience and it has been good .

One flaw i have found is that suppliers with obvious flaws in their products just withdraw the product
    when the negative comments start coming . Then they reintroduce the same product as a new sku and
    the old comments are left behind and are not visible on the new .

I raised this with takealot but i dont think it went anywhere.

Are there any others who take products back without question . i mean wish , alibaba, amazon etc .

I think Estee should rather select a sample of men vs women and also different age groups - different samples with predetermined criteria and then compare that with other users responses. That would be interesting. Grow the sample size a bit with specific questions before populating and see if we can calculate some kind of likeness between regular users then compare with others experiences.
    Last edited by Therackermann; 2021/05/15 at 07:57 AM.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Therackermann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MartinClem View Post
    i only have takealot experience and it has been good .

One flaw i have found is that suppliers with obvious flaws in their products just withdraw the product
    when the negative comments start coming . Then they reintroduce the same product as a new sku and
    the old comments are left behind and are not visible on the new .

I raised this with takealot but i dont think it went anywhere.

Are there any others who take products back without question . i mean wish , alibaba, amazon etc .
    Amazon in the US. just generally replace without taking the product back depending on the item and value. Now that they are soon starting the new US$ 4bn, 70 000 sqm facility in Cape Town, we could see that facility too.

Returning to Alibaba or Amazon from here in SA would require you to pay the return shipping cost which is the deterrent to rather not return and buy new.

So maybe some increased local competition for Takealot would be welcomed and soften their pricing a bit. Competition is always healthy.
    Last edited by Therackermann; 2021/05/15 at 08:12 AM.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Therackermann For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    I think Estee should rather select a sample of men vs women and also different age groups - different samples with predetermined criteria and then compare that with other users responses. That would be interesting. Grow the sample size a bit with specific questions before populating and see if we can calculate some kind of likeness between regular users then compare with others experiences.
    Indeed. This raises more questions. Buyer demographics, geo locations, the type of problems etc. But as I mentioned, no horse in this race. It does give a clearer picture to the other Takealot thread.

Large companies have and analise their data. Often, the cheapest solution prevails, ie, do nothing......... yet.

When profits drop, that is usually the spur to get things moving, that and strong competition

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast