Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Moar Southern Namibia (Again)

Many years ago, I bought my first Patrol. Shortly after this, my father instructed me to find him one, as he had totally fallen in love with my vehicle. At that point, Petri Oosthuizen was selling his blue GRX, and my father snapped it up (baie dankie weereens Petri - my pa is versot op daai voertuig). In any case, what has happened subsequently is that I frequently have excellent company on my trips and I'm very blessed to be able to share some of them with my parents.

Lockdown was difficult for the folks. My folks are both 71 this year (very active 71, I must say) and they have reached the point where they want to see everything whilst they still can. So we've been touring more regularly as time goes by. As such, we did Namaqualand and Southern Namibia in 2018. Last year November, the Richtersveld and Namaqualand. Since my sister and her husband were hiking the Fish River Canyon and my parents were going down to give her some support, my father asked me to put together a trip for things that he and my mother still wanted to see in Southern Namibia whilst my sister and BIL did the hike.

So, I knocked together a trip at short notice. It's not the type of trip I'd normally do. I prefer travelling shorter days, spending longer at places and seeing more. However, I had to work within the confined of what my parents wanted to see (non-negotiable: Luderitz, Kolmanskuppe, Sossusvlei, Seriem) fitted into the time constraints of how long my sister and BIL would be hiking for. So, in short, we've done 4865 kilometres between the 29th of April, and the 10th of May. We've not camped as much as I normally do either - specifically because of the longer distances we were travelling and the fact that my folks are getting on in years... We felt it better to do more chaleting than camping because of the distances we'd normally be running up most days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROUTE-TOTAL.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	490.7 KB 
ID:	615171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ROUTE-G-EARTH.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	785.8 KB 
ID:	615172

Basic itinerary was as follows:

29th April - Potchefstroom
    30th April - Redsands (Kuruman)
    01 May - Augrabies
    02 May - Ais-Ais
    03 May - Luderitz (via Aussenkehr and Rosh Pinah)
    04 May - Luderitz
    05 May - Sesriem
    06 May - Sesriem
    07 May - Ais-Ais
    08 May - Augrabies
    09 May - Redsands (Kuruman)
    10 May - Pretoria

As with all things Namibia, there are too many highlights to mention. I've seen them before in any case. But it was special seeing that the areas were a hell of a lot wetter than the last time I was there in 2019. It was amazing to see water in Sesriem Canyon and Sossusvlei. This time, I visited the "Hidden Pan" as opposed to the "Dead Pan" and found an absolute wonder. And then I saw bits of Kolmanskuppe I'd not see before, and I got some time to do some driving out South of Luderitz - Grossebucht, Dias Point etc. A few teaser photos follow.

Name:	ses.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	788.8 KB 
ID:	615174

Name:	sos.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	722.1 KB 
ID:	615173

Name:	dv1.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	473.4 KB 
ID:	615176

Name:	kmk.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	402.5 KB 
ID:	615175

Name:	di1.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	779.1 KB 
ID:	615179

Name:	di2.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	558.1 KB 
ID:	615178

Name:	di3.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	336.9 KB 
ID:	615177

Vehicles: Two Nissan Patrol 4.5 GRX, and some version of an AWB Subaru platkar before and after Ais-Ais.
    People: My folks, Hilary and Danie. My sister and BIL Shirley and Stephan. My lady friend, Liana, and myself.

Some statistic.

Total Kilos: 4865 km
    Average Speed: 79,23 km/h
    Travel Time: 59H13M

I'll be adding my report here in sections, as I get time, as I normally do. But don't hold your breath - it will take me a while to get it all done and I am super busy with other things too.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

Default Re: Moar Southern Namibia (Again)

Would be interesting to have a brief history of the places, monuments eg that lone hut etc.
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hunter26 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hunter26 View Post
    Would be interesting to have a brief history of the places, monuments eg that lone hut etc.
    Craig - I'll get there. As I said, the pictures are teasers. I'll write up the the details when I have a chance. It's my first day back at work...

However, for now, from top to bottom:

Sesriem Canyon is still full of water.
    Sossusvlei is still full of water.
    Dune and tree in the "Hidden Pan".
    Schule at Kolmanskuppe.
    Piece of wood at Diaz Point. I presume this was part of the bridge that used to connect the point to the mainland.
    Commode at Diaz Point.

I presume the commode was a public toilet which has been destroyed by the elements. There were similar structures at the Grossubucht.

I'll flesh out all the details when I get around to posting the bits and pieces of my report.
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/05/12 at 01:09 PM.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Day 1 and Day 2 - Pretoria to Redsands

Distance: 604
    Driving Time: 7 Hours 37 Minutes

Name:	BC12.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	482.4 KB 
ID:	615285

Name:	GE12.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	615286

I combined the first two days, as it is probably pointless describing a drive down to Potchefstroom from Pretoria. In any case, we finished packing in Pretoria at around lunch time. Hit the road, refuelling en-route to Potch. We spent the night with my folks. I took along some of my personal beer stash as my father has decided that he loves the beer I brew. Unfortunately, my Lager and Amber Ale is done for now, so I will need to brew some more...

Had a (relatively) early night and left Potch at the proverbial sparrow's fart to drive through to Kuruman. Took the N12 via Klerksdorp, Wolmaranstad before turning off to Schweizer-Reneke and Vryburg.

The road between Wollies and Schweizer is terrible at the moment. More pothole than tar. Other than that, it is fantastic to see how green everything is. The last time I drove this way at looked like a desert...

We refuelled at Mams in Vryburg, and then drove in to Redsands - getting there early in the afternoon.

We opted to camp at Redsands, as we wanted to make sure we had everything we needed before entering Namibia.

Braaied for supper, had a few beers and turned in.

Oh - the "Koring Kriek" was just some arbitrary creepy crawly we encountered in the camp-site. It's a poor photo, as it was moving around all over the place...

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	681.1 KB 
ID:	615287

Name:	02.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	733.7 KB 
ID:	615288

Name:	03.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	750.3 KB 
ID:	615289

Name:	04.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	691.8 KB 
ID:	615290

Name:	05.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	615291
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Awesome Ian

How many Runts did you spend on:

Fuel
    Beer (interchangeable with fuel in order of importance)
    Accommodation
    Food

Would be interesting to see the splits in the above costs.

Thanks for the report
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    Awesome Ian

How many Runts did you spend on:

Fuel
    Beer (interchangeable with fuel in order of importance)
    Accommodation
    Food

Would be interesting to see the splits in the above costs.

Thanks for the report
    Discussions about fuel when one drives a Patrol should only be held between consenting adults...

I'll do a breakdown when I can.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Day 3 - Redsands to Augrabies Village

Distance: 386
    Driving Time: 4 Hours 13 Minutes

Name:	BC.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	482.9 KB 
ID:	615297

Name:	GE.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	615296

In the morning, we packed up and took a leisurely drive to Augrabies Village, refuelling in Upington. My folks checked in at the chalet in the village, and Liana and I headed out for the national park. I wanted to see what the falls looked like after all the rain as the last time I had been there was in 2019 and it was pretty dry.

Took a walk around the national park, took some photos. And then headed to Augrabies to meet my folks. We stayed in a place called "Klein Renosterkop", which is owned by friends of my parents, and it is awesome.

I'll digress from the report a little to mention something. I'm a pyromaniac and cook over fire as much as I can. I love roasts, and on most weekends I'll do a roast or something on the Weber. But one of my biggest gripes about this is that Webers do not travel well.... A few months ago, I purchased a Cobb. It took me a while to get use to, but these days I love it. It is small enough to take camping, and one can cook virtually anything in it. The Cobblets are nice and compact as well. And the fact that it remains so cool when you braai means that you can braai virtually anywhere.

In any case, I'd arranged with my parents that I'd do the catering for this trip. It just makes it so much easier when one is cooking the same thing.

On the menu for the evening, was a beef roast. I did the roast, Liana did the veg, and we lit up a nice "gesslige" fire with vineyard offcuts that Klein Renosterkop sells.

One thing about Augrabies village. The church clock is 20 minutes slow. It's a little annoying - if I'm going to be woken up by a bell tolling, I'd at least like it to be on time...

Views:	32 
Size:	400.5 KB 
ID:	615298

Size:	466.5 KB 
ID:	615299

Size:	483.2 KB 
ID:	615300

Size:	452.4 KB 
ID:	615301

Views:	28 
Size:	372.9 KB 
ID:	615302

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	373.6 KB 
ID:	615303

Name:	07.jpg 
Size:	483.4 KB 
ID:	615304

Name:	08.jpg 
Size:	315.9 KB 
ID:	615305
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Day 4 - Augrabies to Ais-Ais

Distance: 422km
    Travelling Time: 4 hours 43 minutes

Views:	26 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	615313

Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	615314

My sister and BIL had joined us the previous evening, and tthis day would see us crossing the border. We packed the vehicles. From Augrabies, headed back towards Kakamas. Just through Kakamas, we turned off to the left towards Riemvasmaak. The first bit is tar, and then it changes to relatively good gravel. The first stretch is through vineyards and orchards, and one obviously makes the effort to keep one's speed down to prevent the dust from destroying the fruit.

At the first split in the dirt road, we took the right hand split towards Lutzputs. Later on, one passes through a "poort" caled Biesiespoort Pass where we spotted a pair of Vereaux's Eagles. Shortly after the poort, one reaches a T-junction. Right is Lutzputs, left is Namibia. So we turned left and joined up with the Nakop <-> Upington road 54km from Nakop.

This is the first time I've crossed into Namibia at Nakop. I've crossed out from Namibia here before, but as with all border crossing things, it can be a little confusing. The additional administrative nonsense that has occurred with COVID makes it a little more confusing though...

In any case, the process to follow is as follows:

At Nakop, when looking at the actual border gate, there is an office to the left which is where the temporary port health official sits. One needs to collect a form from him (I've attached it here), complete it. He will then measure temperature etc. If you're vetted to proceed, he gives you a white ticket.

ZA Exit Form: Traveller Exit Questionaire - June 2020.pdf

One then proceeds to the police desk to complete the departing vehicle register. Only one person may be at the SAP departure desk at a time. The driver therefore must take all passengers' passports with to complete the register. The police will issue the gatepass. Next step is customs (if required) and emmigration, where you will need to hand in the "white ticket" issues by the health official.

After that, hand in your gate pass at the gate and drive on into Namibia once the police let you. and take a leisurely drive to Ariamsvlei (about 14km from the ZA side of the border).

At the Namibian side of the border, first stop is, once again, the port health office. This is the first pre-fab white building on the left hands side once you enter the border post. Here, you need to take your PCR test certificate (taken within 7 days prior) as well as the Namibian COVID form (also attached). The officials will ask a few questions, measure temperatute, and then provide you with a ticket. This done, the next step is immigration. After this, the road tax, and then customs (if applicable). Once all is done, you're in Namibia.

NA Entry Form: Namibia HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE FOR TOURISM REVIVAL INITIATIVE TRAVELERS.pdf

Having cleared all of this, we drove through to Karasburg, where we refuelled. From there, we took the M22 (tar) South before taking the C10 West towards Ais-Ais. The C10 is good dirt road and runs for about 50-odd km before intersecting the B1 (tar). Here one turns North for 5km and then back onto the C10 West - continuing straight until Ais-Ais.

I was aware of the floods in Ais-Ais earlier this year. But I was not quite prepared to see the devastation. The tennis courts and swimming pools closer to the camp-sites are gone. Various newer chalets next to the gate are standing with smashed windows and similar. The camp-sites are all washed away. Nowadays, one camps on the grass in the middle of the camp-sites. Luckily, the beer was cold. We had a braai and turned in. We'd be up ueber early the next morning to drop the hikers off at Hobas.

Views:	34 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	615317

Views:	47 
Size:	410.1 KB 
ID:	615318

Views:	42 
Size:	609.5 KB 
ID:	615319
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/05/13 at 01:40 PM.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Day 5 - Ais-Ais to Luderitz

Distance: 624km
    Travelling Time: 7 Hours 46 Minutes

Views:	27 
Size:	467.7 KB 
ID:	615321

Views:	23 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	615320

Early morning, we broke camp, and headed out at first light to drop the hokers off at Hobas. We travelled East on the C10 before heading North on the C37. 76km later, we got to Hobas. Drove up to the viewpoint, then dropped the hikers off at the start. Liana then drove my BIL's Subaru back to Ais-Ais, where we left it for their return.

I'd opted for the more scenic route this day - basically, from Ais-Ais, down to Aussenkehr and then along the bank of the Orange river until Sendelingsdrif. It is dirt all the way (apart from a short tar stretch outside Aussenkehr). I drove the same route (albeit in the other direction) back in 2018. In any case, it is an amazingly beautiful route. Having done the Richtersveld across the river in November, I was also curious to see the Richtersveld from the Northern banks of the river again.

Hitting the tar road again just before Rosh Pinah, we refuelled in Rosh Pinah before heading up North to Aus, sighting feral horses just South of Aus. We then turned West on the B4 for the last stretch to Luderitz - arriving there late in the afternoon.

We checked into the Island Cottage chalets, which are awesome. They are basically on the peninsula joining Shark Island to the mainland, and have the most amazing views over the Atlantic. We went out for dinner.

Views:	33 
Size:	488.2 KB 
ID:	615322

Size:	375.0 KB 
ID:	615323

Size:	356.9 KB 
ID:	615324

Size:	349.6 KB 
ID:	615325

Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	615326

Name:	06.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	615327

Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	615329

Name:	09.jpg 
Size:	281.6 KB 
ID:	615330

A side note. Whilst travelling next to the river, we spotted these nests. If anybody knows what birds made these nests, I would really love to know...

Views:	55 
Size:	315.3 KB 
ID:	615328
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Day 6 - Luderitz

Distance: 107km
    Travelling Time: 2 Hours 41 Minutes

Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	615337

Views:	22 
Size:	617.0 KB 
ID:	615336

One needs time to see Luderitz. As such, we spent two nights there.

Both Liana and I had seen Luderitz before - she back in 2014, and myself in 2019. As such, we slept in as we wanted to resupply whilst my parents did the tour at Kolmanskuppe. This day turned out to be a public holiday (Cassinga day). Luckily, we had enough beer and similar, as it is not possible to buy alcohol on public holidays under the current lockdown regulations. Note to self: I must be more attentative when planning trips. This almost bit us badly...

In any case, my folks left early to do the tour at Kolmanskuppe, we resupplied at the Spar for the rest of the trip and then we also headed through to Kolmanskuppe. My parents were still busy with the tour, and this suited us as we had both done it before. So I headed out to parts of the place I'd not seen before - specifically, the schule out right at the Southern-Easdtern point beyond the Krankhaus. Kolmanskuppe never ceases to amaze me. Whenever I see the place, I think about the poem, Ozymandias, by Percy Bysshe Shelly:

I met a traveller from an antique land,
    Who said "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert... Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
    And on the pedestal, these words appear:
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away."

In any case, we took some photos, and then headed back to Luderitz for brekkies - happening perchance on the "Portuguese Fisherman" restaurant. Where we had seafood for breakfast...

That done, we decided to head out to the Grussebucht and the Kleinerbogenfels, heading back via Diaz Point. This done, we refuelled in Luderitz for the next day's stretch. And then up to Agate beach. After this, we had dinner at the same restaurant as earlier (I *really* recommend it) before retiring for the evening. We had an ueber long stretch again the next day...

Name:	01.JPG 
Size:	540.7 KB 
ID:	615338

Name:	02.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	434.4 KB 
ID:	615339

Name:	03.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	646.8 KB 
ID:	615340

Name:	04.JPG 
Size:	628.4 KB 
ID:	615341

Name:	05.JPG 
Size:	887.0 KB 
ID:	615342

Name:	06.JPG 
Size:	692.7 KB 
ID:	615343

Size:	472.9 KB 
ID:	615344

Views:	63 
Size:	330.3 KB 
ID:	615345

Name:	09.JPG 
Size:	591.2 KB 
ID:	615346

Name:	10.JPG 
Size:	441.8 KB 
ID:	615347

Name:	11.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	530.0 KB 
ID:	615348

Name:	12.JPG 
Size:	671.3 KB 
ID:	615349

Name:	13.JPG 
Size:	694.3 KB 
ID:	615363

Name:	14.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	615351

Name:	15.JPG 
Size:	441.3 KB 
ID:	615352

Name:	16.JPG 
Size:	957.6 KB 
ID:	615353

Name:	17.JPG 
Size:	669.9 KB 
ID:	615354

Name:	18.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	872.3 KB 
ID:	615355

Name:	19.JPG 
Size:	735.3 KB 
ID:	615356

Name:	20.JPG 
Size:	626.1 KB 
ID:	615357

Name:	21.JPG 
Size:	393.3 KB 
ID:	615358

Name:	22.JPG 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	615359

Name:	23.JPG 
Size:	314.3 KB 
ID:	615360

Name:	24.JPG 
Size:	553.3 KB 
ID:	615361
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/05/13 at 03:14 PM.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

The bird's nest in the last photo of the previous post?
    Can't see too clearly but think this huge nest on the cliff is that of a hamerkop.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Thanks Ian, really enjoying this.

I agree with Stan, Hamerkop nest.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobH For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    The bird's nest in the last photo of the previous post?
    Can't see too clearly but think this huge nest on the cliff is that of a hamerkop.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH View Post
    Thanks Ian, really enjoying this.

I agree with Stan, Hamerkop nest.
    Thanks. I was very much stumped on that. Amazing to see, though.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

If you zoom in you can actually see the entrance hole in the centre of the structure.
    Last edited by RobH; 2021/05/14 at 10:34 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobH For This Useful Post:

Day 7 - Luderitz to Sesriem

Distance: 480km
    Travelling Time: 5 Hours 54 Minutes

Name:	BC-07.png 
Size:	471.7 KB 
ID:	615495

Name:	GE-07.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	850.4 KB 
ID:	615496

Another one of the longer travelling days, we were up early to head Eastwards back to Ais. Just after Aus, we turned left onto the C13. We opted to refuel again in Helmeringhausen, as well as have a cup of coffee there and bite of "Apfel Strudel". I personally believe that it is better than the strudel at Solitaire. I do, however, *hate* apfel strudel as much as I dislike anything sweet. I've eaten it before (at Solitaire and Helmieringhausen) - just becuase I was there and this is the thing to do - so my opinion on this is probably lacking... In Helmeringhausen this time, I had coffee only...

Refuelled vehicle wise, and refuelled person wise, we hit the road again. Back on the C13 until the turn off North on the C27. We followed the C27 all the way to Sesriem, although we did stop for another cup of coffee at Betta.

We got Bat-Eared foxes along the road - which were awesome and a first for me. We got even more of them on the way back, but that will come later. Right after Betta, we also found a whole herd of Tsama Melons next to the road. First time I've seen the melon with the rest of the plant attached...

Arriving at Sesriem, we checked in (we were camping in the NWR that night). But we had an ice-cold Hansa draught at the pub before heading to our camp site to set up campe. It was literally ice-cold. It froze as it was poured. And the glasses were also in the freezer. It ranks as one of the most tasty beers ever, in my humble opinion... After setting up camp, I wanted to grab a shower, but the water was off. It was luckily back on again shortly before dark. The geckos are awesome...

We braaied the evening. For the first time ever, we ate medium-well steak. Whilst I was braaiing, my mother and Liana were annoyed about the Swiss-German couple at the camp-site across from us. The lady was lying in the sun in a tiny, skimpy bikini. My father and I managed to get the point across that cultures differ across the world and that it was not distracting...

We turned in later, as we wanted to be up early early to head to the pans.

Name:	01.JPG 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	615497

Name:	02.JPG 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	615498

Name:	03.JPG 
Size:	592.8 KB 
ID:	615499

Name:	04.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	461.3 KB 
ID:	615500

Name:	05.JPG 
Size:	538.2 KB 
ID:	615501

Name:	06.JPG 
Size:	433.2 KB 
ID:	615502

Name:	07.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	664.6 KB 
ID:	615503

Name:	08.JPG 
Size:	892.1 KB 
ID:	615504

Name:	09.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	587.8 KB 
ID:	615505

Name:	10.JPG 
Size:	694.2 KB 
ID:	615506

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	258.7 KB 
ID:	615507
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

You posted a pic of the wrong melons
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Francois Theron For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    My lady friend would have been offended if I had posted pictures of other melons...

Seriously, are those not Tsama melons ?
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    Seriously, are those not Tsama melons ?
    Indeed they are, but some would have preferred the Swiss variety it seems.
    Enjoying revisiting these places!
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Indeed they are, but some would have preferred the Swiss variety it seems.
    Enjoying revisiting these places!
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    Thanks. I follow now... I would have been killed photographing them though...
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

Thanks for sharing Ian, it looked like tons of fun!
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast