Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hifly Tyres

Default Hifly Tyres

An imported tyre brand that can save me quite a bit, is the Hifly tyre (http://www.hifly-tire.com/). Some overseas reviews are not too bad, and it seems as if they are fairly popular in SA. I need to replace all four tyres on my 2015 Ford Kuga AWD, so looking for any advice, better yet, accounts on these tyres? (specifically road noise, etc.) I still have the original Continentals on the "Tamatie" (yes, it's a red Kuga ) and currently inclined to pay the ± R3000 extra.

Thanks in advance!
    In the market

Default Re: Hifly Tyres

Their SUV range look the bees knees. Unfortunately I don't sell them because of their 'business model' I drop them an email and then they 'decide' whether they want to send me a credit application. Seems they are in no need of new business.
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2012 Fiat Panda 1200

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nitebob For This Useful Post:

I never really looked into tyre reviews before... For info, this I consider one of the good tyre review websites...

https://www.tyrereviews.com/

It turns out that the Continentals I currently have is not of the best options available. I realised the obvious which I missed up to now... ...that while tyres are expensive, it is also one of the most influential decisions one can make as it can affect the vehicle in many ways, handling, braking, economy, confort, noise etc...

So, new tyres (at one dealer) ranges from ±R6500 for Chinese imports to ±R10800 for Goodyear. Comparing the potential effect of R4300 over the next 4/5 years, my conclusion is to go for the best tyres that one can afford, but also don't throw money at a brand that won't see a significant enhancement, or to stick with a brand without research or comparison.
    In the market

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer41 View Post
    An imported tyre brand that can save me quite a bit, is the Hifly tyre (http://www.hifly-tire.com/). Some overseas reviews are not too bad, and it seems as if they are fairly popular in SA. I need to replace all four tyres on my 2015 Ford Kuga AWD, so looking for any advice, better yet, accounts on these tyres? (specifically road noise, etc.) I still have the original Continentals on the "Tamatie" (yes, it's a red Kuga ) and currently inclined to pay the ± R3000 extra.

Thanks in advance!
    We ran two sets on my wife’s Kuga after the OE fitted Conti’s and we were very happy with them. Much quieter than the Conti’s and lasted well.
    2021 Ford Everest 2.0 BiT LTD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Koppycat For This Useful Post:

The internet seems to have very much mixed reviews on these tyres. Some love them, others hate them.
    Mercedes Benz GLC 250d

Quote Originally Posted by Nitebob View Post
    Their SUV range look the bees knees. Unfortunately I don't sell them because of their 'business model' I drop them an email and then they 'decide' whether they want to send me a credit application. Seems they are in no need of new business.
    What time do you people start working? See the doors open VERY early
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

Thanks in advance!
    My sister's company have been fitting them to their fleet bakkie's for a while now, they got good mileage at the price. So much so that she fitted a set to her Tucson - she's happy and they are lasting well. I drove her car down to P.E a year or two back with them fitted, no road noise. I did however encounter a wobble / vibration on the steering when I exceeded the speed limit through the karoo. Could have balancing / tyres / or her car
    Last edited by Morne - Skip; 2021/05/11 at 11:07 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

What AT options are there in 16 inch?
    2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    What time do you people start working? See the doors open VERY early
    My brother and some of the staff are here at 06h00 already. Sometimes we start then on cars left over the previous day, but we actually only open at 08h00.
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2012 Fiat Panda 1200

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGTi View Post
    Plenty going by the website posted in OP
    Robert van den Berg

'98 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Kitty'
    '02 Daihatsu Rocky 'The Bully'

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence."

Quote Originally Posted by Nitebob View Post
    My brother and some of the staff are here at 06h00 already. Sometimes we start then on cars left over the previous day, but we actually only open at 08h00.
    Drive past there twice a day. Seems there is always someone there.

ADT also uses it as a sleeping spot at night
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

Quote Originally Posted by MarshallGTi View Post
    My picture upload is broken...

http://www.hifly-tire.com/product/vigorous.html

Their Vigorous AT's look awesome...
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2012 Fiat Panda 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Plenty going by the website posted in OP
    I meant locally that a shop/supplier/importer has stock of or already imported...
    2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MarshallGTi For This Useful Post:

My mom has a set on her Evoque, no issues with them so far.

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

In the end I decided to fit the Hifly's... just as well as I had some other nasty surprise - dented rim. The dealer says around 60% of the cars have a dented rim due potholes, which is criminal... What does the other dealers say, is that about right in terms of rim damage? Maybe the guy just tried to make me feel better... Anyways, once I get the wheel back (hopefully today) it's the long road to the Cape via the north and west coast so I will be able to say what the Hifly's perform like! But after all has been said and done, this dealer definitely won a return client, he will get a five start rating on service received once completed!
    In the market

In the end I decided to fit the Hifly's...
    Which tyre (model) are you fitting?
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

In the end I decided to fit the Hifly's... just as well as I had some other nasty surprise - dented rim. The dealer says around 60% of the cars have a dented rim due potholes, which is criminal... What does the other dealers say, is that about right in terms of rim damage? Maybe the guy just tried to make me feel better... Anyways, once I get the wheel back (hopefully today) it's the long road to the Cape via the north and west coast so I will be able to say what the Hifly's perform like! But after all has been said and done, this dealer definitely won a return client, he will get a five start rating on service received once completed!
    Same happened with my wife's 18" Kuga rims except she had three out of shape 🤦#♂️. It was the one thing we hated about that car was the low profile rim/tyre setup.
    2021 Ford Everest 2.0 BiT LTD

Some 12 years ago I had an Alfa GT with 45 profile tyres. Looked fantastic but I was a very good client of Magrim Repairs in Windhoek.
    No low profile tyres for me since then. Looks great and I'm sure in many European countries it works well, here it doesn't, for me at least.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

I bought my FJ with a set of Hi Fly Vigorous AT601. I was uncomfortable with them since at the time I have never heard of them. My searches also uncovered mixed reviews as mentioned on this thread. Since they had about 70% + tread I decided to give them a go. We did a Richtersveld trip without any issues. I had the TI System tire inflation system fitted and off we went on a Namibian trip.

Between Abiqua River Camp and Roshpina I had 7 punctures...all in the rear wheels. Four on the one side and 3 on the other. Fortunately I had a TPMS and the TI System otherwise things could have been very different. It was a nervous trip until we got to Swakopmunt where I replaced them all with BF's. I'm not sure what it was about that section of road between the border and Roshpina. We have done it many times before. In fact, we have done so many Nam and Botswana trips and this was the 1st and only time I had puncture issues...touch wood...
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Drive past there twice a day. Seems there is always someone there.

ADT also uses it as a sleeping spot at night
    Gave them my Wifi password. Best gaurded shop in Kuila.
    2011 Honda CRV 2.4
    2012 Fiat Panda 1200

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Nitebob For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast