Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durbanville
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 95

    Default Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Good Afternoon All

    Most of the guys in the Nissan Patrol Western Cape WhatsApp Group and the Nissan Patrol Forum would have received a link to our YouTube Channel where yesterday we posted a review of my Nissan Patrol GRX including the details of the 75+ modifications that have been made to it. You name it and I've probably done the mod (except for turbo ) So now I am posting the YouTube link to the forum so that everyone can enjoy it! The video is just short of 50 min long so perfect for a lazy Sunday and hopefully contains enough content to inspire more Patrol fans :-)



    Enjoy!

    In closing, if you like the content, then please like and subscribe and post your comments under the video and I will try and answer as soon as I can.

    Cheers
    Hugh

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HKirby For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,810
    Thanked: 1762

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    I believe I was the first person to watch the video after it's public release...
    Once again, it is interesting to see how much more one requires to comfortably house 4 people rather than two (comparing yours to your father-in-law's Jimny).
    I myself have given up trying to accommodate four in a single vehicle, and have instead chosen to tow when the whole family travels (although my kids are now bigger, making it just that little more difficult) and as a consequence am slowly making my car lighter and lighter again. There is no doubt in my mind that Colin Chapman was right. In all respects except durability, weight is the enemy of performance.

    Considering the title, I think it's probably a toss-up between yours, Alex Roux's Skilpad and Dirk de Clerc's cars with regard to which is the best set-up Patrol for touring. However, I think Skilpad is the more highly modified car...
    Either way, they are both beautiful and capable.

    I hope they will both be at the Patrol's 70th birthday at Goerapan on the September long weekend?
    Last edited by Peter Connan; 2021/05/09 at 03:05 PM.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durbanville
    Posts
    32
    Thanked: 95

    Thumbs up Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Connan View Post
    I believe I was the first person to watch the video after it's public release...
    Once again, it is interesting to see how much more one requires to comfortably house 4 people rather than two (comparing yours to your father-in-law's Jimny).
    I myself have given up trying to accommodate four in a single vehicle, and have instead chosen to tow when the whole family travels (although my kids are now bigger, making it just that little more difficult) and as a consequence am slowly making my car lighter and lighter again. There is no doubt in my mind that Colin Chapman was right. In all respects except durability, weight is the enemy of performance.

    Considering the title, I think it's probably a toss-up between yours, Alex Roux's Skilpad and Dirk de Clerc's cars with regard to which is the best set-up Patrol for touring. However, I think Skilpad is the more highly modified car...
    Either way, they are both beautiful and capable.

    I hope they will both be at the Patrol's 70th birthday at Goerapan on the September long weekend?
    Thank Pete! Always appreciate your feedback and commentary. I have heard/read about Skilpad, but not done so for a while so I need to do so again and maybe pick up some more tips and tricks.

    You are so right about weight being a performance killer. I also tow my Conqueror trailer when we do a long 3 week camp in Plett because there just isn't enough space for all the stuff.

    We'll be at Goerapan for the 70 year anniversary for sure!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to HKirby For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kathu
    Age
    60
    Posts
    10,395
    Thanked: 4167

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Very neat and nice setup Hugh.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to grips For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Harties Boet
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,998
    Thanked: 1577

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Looking forward to watching this once the terrors have gone to sleep
    Graham Robertson
    Nissan Patrol 4.8

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Graham For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    centorion
    Age
    47
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Dude that patrol is awesome next level you turned it into a monster

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to tinus lotz For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    47
    Posts
    3,810
    Thanked: 1762

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Great stuff Hugh!

    Note, I am not saying that Skilpad is a better tourer than your car, just that it is more highly modified. Being a GQ, it started from a lower base. I do think it has more power, and it's probably a little bit lighter, but it's also lifted a bit higher I think.

    Either way, all three the cars mentioned must be among the best tourers in the country, and I am not just counting Patrols. But then I am unashamedly biased.
    Beat-up rat rod of a '96 Nissan Patrol that bears the evidence of many wonderful adventures (and a few stupid indiscretions).

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter Connan For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Kathu
    Age
    60
    Posts
    10,395
    Thanked: 4167

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Quote Originally Posted by tinus lotz View Post
    Dude that patrol is awesome next level you turned it into a monster
    Tinus "Dude" klink darem baie soos outjies met knyp boudjies

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    centorion
    Age
    47
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    We have no small pants

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    centorion
    Age
    47
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 5

    Default Re: Possibly one of SA's most modified Nissan Patrols setup for Touring?

    Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    Tinus "Dude" klink darem baie soos outjies met knyp boudjies
    Ons gaan groot ...en ek dude maar almal jong veral my patrol pelle ...al baie gehelp met beplanning op die trollie ...masjien patrol daai ...

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tinus lotz For This Useful Post:


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •