Default Tanzania - A journey in the Covid-19 pandemic

For all who are waiting to get back to the African bush and can't do so at the moment I like to get you a bit of inspiration with a lot of images from our trip to Tanzania in February 2021. On a very short notice we tuck our chance and got back to Africa. At this time no testing was required to transit Addis and enter Tanzania. We only had to isolate our self for 10 days after being back in Germany.

We traveled to times before in Tanzania and saw a lot from North to South. There was not big planing necessary. We wanted to see the great migration at Ndutu, going back to Tarangire and see the Mkomazi National Park as new destination for us.

Unfortunately I'm not able to write a trip report in English but Google will help you to read if you like. Most of the report are images anyway.
    Enjoy!

https://www.botswanadreams.de/reisen...tanzania-2021/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to botswanadreams For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tanzania - A journey in the Covid-19 pandemic

Your decision to journey during the pandemic paid rich dividends. Interesting the way different governments have approached Covid-19, I'm not referring to the Tanzanians, I'm referring to the German government. In Australia, we, being Australian citizens, are not allowed to leave Australia, except to go to New Zealand. Exemptions are only given under certain strictly controlled reasons, an African Safari would certainly be a NO!!
    Last edited by Tedx2; 2021/05/10 at 02:06 AM.
    John 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D and 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tedx2 For This Useful Post:

Thank you, Botswanadreams, for posting on your Pandemic Safari. Fabulous photos of a green northern Tanzania.

Like Australia, it is currently illegal for British citizens - or British residents - to travel abroad except for essential reasons such as work.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazungu Wawili For This Useful Post:

In Germany it was never forbidden to leave the country. You only have to follow the offen changing regulations to come back. This was in our time to fill in a declaration and 10 days quarantine at home. A PCR test was in our state Saxony only required when you get symptoms during this 10 days. Being out of the job and having a filled up fridge and freezer it wasn't a problem for us.

Thanks for your report! We are hoping to visit in January 2022 the same area, so very nice to get a report from the same time of year that matches our plans so well. Wonderful photos.
    Blog of our African travels: stuckinlowgear.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CalDriver For This Useful Post: