Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    123
    Thanked: 2

    Default FJ - Radio head unit

    Hi

    Iím in the market to upgrade the head unit. Any suggestions? If so, please can you also share some fitted pics?

    It has to be Apple Car Play compatible.

    thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,305
    Thanked: 1307

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Kenwood do a good unit but for me the sound was more important than the function so I kept the original and spent on an amp, speakers and deadening.
    FJC - Just Cruising

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    38
    Posts
    123
    Thanked: 2

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Kenwood do a good unit but for me the sound was more important than the function so I kept the original and spent on an amp, speakers and deadening.
    thanks Iíll try to have a look at the Kenwood options.

    had a look online at the OneNavs.. but there seems to be mixed reviews, which is a concern at that price range

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Plett/Paulshof
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,455
    Thanked: 1468

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Kenwood Ddx919 wsw is wireless CarPlay and looks and sounds great with easy fitment. I posted pics on one of the other threads
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nairobi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,244
    Thanked: 258

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Kenwood Ddx919 wsw is wireless CarPlay and looks and sounds great with easy fitment. I posted pics on one of the other threads
    True. I vouch for the ddx919ws. Was easy fit to our Prado, and all steering buttons and camera worked directly with it. Android auto and carplay all great. It even somehow feels as if the speakers were changed as it's audio output is much better than the Toyota unit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    328
    Thanked: 326

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by byaru1 View Post
    True. I vouch for the ddx919ws. Was easy fit to our Prado, and all steering buttons and camera worked directly with it. Android auto and carplay all great. It even somehow feels as if the speakers were changed as it's audio output is much better than the Toyota unit.
    At R15k I would hope so

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,305
    Thanked: 1307

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiaan Pot View Post
    At R15k I would hope so
    Yip, a lot of money for great function but little sound improvement, I was offered the Kenwood for R13k but opted for sound over function.......couldn't afford both
    FJC - Just Cruising

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Faerie Glen Pretoria
    Age
    60
    Posts
    2,893
    Thanked: 242

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Yip, a lot of money for great function but little sound improvement, I was offered the Kenwood for R13k but opted for sound over function.......couldn't afford both

    Do you mind giving info about your system? Components and price?

    2020 FJ Cruiser "CementGrey&White RiceBowl"
    1986 Hilux DC 4x4 "White RiceBowl"Sold
    2012 FJ Cruiser Sport "Black&White" RiceBowl" Sold
    Agteros - you should stick to your rice bowls! - HGBosch

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    57
    Posts
    5,305
    Thanked: 1307

    Default Re: FJ - Radio head unit

    Quote Originally Posted by Agteros View Post
    Do you mind giving info about your system? Components and price?
    All Rockford Fosgate, 6" in the doors, tweeters in the dash, 8" sub in a custom built enclosure, celing speakers deleted.
    Amp under the seat with proper power cables and harness to the head unit, sound deadening in the doors. Head unit is the oem(Panasonic)
    It costs about 16k.
    FJC - Just Cruising

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to dirtshark For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •