Default Where to buy OME

Hi guys. Looking for some ideas to where else can i buy Old Man Emu rear leaf springs for a Hilux Vigo besides 4x4 Megaworld. I just never had good service from them in our area. Im in the Durban area but happy to order and courier.

Default Re: Where to buy OME

Subscribed.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Even if you get them from someone else, your still going to be getting them from 4x4 megabucks.

OME is an ARB product, and Megaworld is the distributor in SA

Is there a warranty on OME shocks?
    Could you have them fitted elsewhere?

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

So my problem is i phone them and they just never get back to me or say they are and it take 2 weeks. I send an email and nobody replies back to me. I called today and they said they would email me the invoice with bank details and nothing. Its a 1.5hr drive each way to them so i would like to do a bank transfer and go fetch when it arrives. I can fit them myself. I would just prefer to get them somewhere else. Might have to just suck it up and deal with the bad service. Reason im only getting the rear leaf springs is that i bought my Hilux with full OME except the Rear springs. They are Still stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    Is there a warranty on OME shocks?
    Could you have them fitted elsewhere?
    Here in Namibia I had them fitted by a small fitment centre, springs & shocks. They would handle any warranty claims.
    Many workshops do order & fit those suspensions or parts thereof.
    I'm not sure if OME gives any warranty on their products, unless you fit the whole suspension, or you replace warn shocks, but had the whole OME suspension fitted some time in the past.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HugoNotte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh Rox View Post
    So my problem is i phone them and they just never get back to me or say they are and it take 2 weeks. I send an email and nobody replies back to me. I called today and they said they would email me the invoice with bank details and nothing. Its a 1.5hr drive each way to them so i would like to do a bank transfer and go fetch when it arrives. I can fit them myself. I would just prefer to get them somewhere else. Might have to just suck it up and deal with the bad service. Reason im only getting the rear leaf springs is that i bought my Hilux with full OME except the Rear springs. They are Still stock.
    You can certainly order those OME springs from any fitment centre. Point is, that they will then order the springs from Megaworld.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

Call and speak to Geoffrey. Since he is at Hillcrest the service has improved. It was shocking in the past.

Other alternative is to speak to Rudi at 4X4 Mega world in Centurion and ask him to courier direct to you.
    2016 V8 D/Cab Cruiser
    Land Cruiser VDJ 71
    2020 LC 200 GXR
    2020 LC FJ

Thanks very much. I will try Rudi. Much appreciated!

Not in your area, but I suppose you can also try the Voetspore fitment centre?
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/HenkBogaards4WheelingSA
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135