Default Covid - 19 pcr test under 24 hours

We are going up to Zambia via Botswana at the end of May, with a one night stop on the way .We need to get the test done and the results in one

day in order to be within the 72 hour period by the time we get to the Botswana- Zambia border .Can anyone suggest a clinic/hospital/laboratory

in the Johannesburg area.

Default Re: Covid - 19 pcr test under 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    We are going up to Zambia via Botswana at the end of May, with a one night stop on the way .We need to get the test done and the results in one

day in order to be within the 72 hour period by the time we get to the Botswana- Zambia border .Can anyone suggest a clinic/hospital/laboratory

in the Johannesburg area.
    Ampath did our tests at 11h00 and we had our results by SMS at 22h00 and we collected the certified copy the next day at 09h00. The testing is not done where the samples are taken, they're mostly depots and the trick is to work out when the samples are collected from the specific depot and taken to the laboratory. In our case 12h00 and 18h00 was the pick times, we knew that the 12h00 samples would be tested the same day while the 18h00 ones will be tested the next day. I have another group of pathologists as tenants in one of my properties and they have a different schedule with pick times of 08h00 and 18h00 which means that results are 24hrs plus from time of sample unless you get there before 07h00. So my suggestion would be to contact the depot and get their schedule before you decide.
    Last edited by River Rat; 2021/05/04 at 10:10 AM.

And, slightly OT, my son left for home last week. ORT to Doha, then to Paris , then home to Mexico and no one even mentioned his form !!
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Ford Figo 2016

Thanks for your reply. I will go and see the Ampath depot closest to me and get their information. The travel agent have suggested using Lancet

Laboratories, they can do it in 24 hours but I suppose it depends on the amount of tests they get in on a particular day

Quote Originally Posted by tonyj View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I will go and see the Ampath depot closest to me and get their information. The travel agent have suggested using Lancet

Laboratories, they can do it in 24 hours but I suppose it depends on the amount of tests they get in on a particular day
    Lancet are definitly an option the testing capacity countrywide is about 40k per day we currently running on about half of that so you shouldn't be too concerned about volume rather focus on the timing of collection.