Default Did you ever say or think "I wish I could catch the %$&Łers who do this?"

Whilst traveling this beautiful country and seeing the scant disregard for the environment I have often said to myself "I wish I could catch the %$&Łers who do this?" ... and finally my wish came true and I caught the %$&Łers!! HOWEVER in order to avoid a racial incident I "cowardly" resisted the actions I had for so often played out in my head and decided that the pen (keyboard) is mightier than the sword !

I recently joined a few desperate-to-get-out-of-covid-confinement friends on a drive through the mountain passes of the Western Cape. On the way up the Swartberg Pass we paused at Skelemdraai to take in the awesomeness ... it was then that I/we saw that "Woods 23" and "Donna Harley" had decided to express themselves by defacing the rock formation with a permanent marker. It was another one of those "I wish I could catch the %$&Łers who do this?" moments.

I know rock art and cave paintings are deeply entrenched in our DNA, but with all the other communication mediums available to us in the 21st Century I would have thought all of mankind would have advance from the neanderthal temptation to scribe on rock faces or etch in tree bark - it is so 10 000BC - whats wrong with Facebook or Instagram to show you have been to and conquered certain places?

As we embraced the serenity of the place two vehicles pulled up alongside us at Skelemdraai, ignoring the view the occupants from each of the vehicles headed straight for the "Woods 23, Donna & Harley" rock art, seemingly oblivious to the magnificence of the surrounds. Two of them, now identified as Donna and Harley, posed for a photo session openly declaring their creative genius with "we did this last year ... how cool is it that its still here!", then after a couple of obligatory selfies (as if their impressed friends' photographic ability was not enough) they jumped into their vehicles and sped off and up the pass probably in search of past works or new natural canvasses.

I did however manage to take a photo of the Donna & Harley as they entered "Woods23GP". Yep, Woodsy 23 is the name of their vehicle, and Im guessing an unwilling participant in the threesome.

As I said earlier, I "cowardly" resisted the temptation to confront Anna and Harley and ask them to please scrub their names and that of their car off the rocks ... so instead I splattered a bit of mud over their names - I hope that they, or a friend, will see this post as a bit of public humiliation ... however I think that given their they will see it more as a wonderful social media exposure!

So in closing ... to Donna and Harley, may a thousand permanent markers explode inside Woods23 GP ... Ł@&kers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsk tsk Donna & Harley.png 
Views:	383 
Size:	696.0 KB 
ID:	614290   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nice %22WOODSY 23 GP%22.png 
Views:	400 
Size:	722.0 KB 
ID:	614291  
    Last edited by Ross McLean Calder; 2021/05/03 at 10:21 AM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ross McLean Calder For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Did you ever say or think "I wish I could catch the %$&Łers who do this?"

Report them to cape nature

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to riyadh For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Did you ever say or think "I wish I could catch the %$&Łers who do this?"

I ran a search on Instagram, don't think it'll be difficult to catch them...

Heh I can pull their last known registered address, ID and contact numbers, business and work information, closest family and friend information, etc. if the need arises, but I think posting their info publicly isn't a bad idea. Reporting them to nature reserve guys is also a good idea, get the word out there that these people wreck sites and they'll be prohibited to enter numerous of those in the future.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Toxxyc For This Useful Post:

Yeah I did ...
    thanks

OP.. You should take a big marker pen and write under their drawing... A - holes wrote this to deface nature
    Isuzu STD 2.5d 2x4 rear diffy lock
    2x spotlight,2x fog lights
    215/80/R15c tyres
    1 x great humourous driver
    GPS,Bluetooth
    Eagle eye dash cam --stolen ..bought another one
    snorkel soon
    Craig
    I DON'T LIVE IN AFRICA,AFRICA LIVES IN ME- Kyle my son

If the Busman people did not deface and leave their grafitti on the walls of caves and overhangs. We would not have been wondering, who they were, and what it means. The experts are still speculating today.
    Pieter Kemp.
    2011 Isuzu 300d-teq 4x4 d/c
    Home built Blapsie caravan.
    The decision you make today, will determine the road you walk tomorrow

We carve huge gouges into pristine mountainside so that we can drive there to see what it looks like, and then complain about someone writing their name on the rock exposed by said excavations, writing that in all probability will be gone, long before the relationship of the two offenders has ended....

I hope the inking of the rock didn't spoil you viewing the destruction that was caused by people needing a route across the mountain.
    Mercedes W123 300D, runs on Mother Natures Goodness.