Default Southern Mozambique travel safety

Hi All,

I have to possibly go to southern Mozambique (Google maps say Bela Vista is the closest town). With the recent reports on the attacks in the north, I am a bit concerned about safety anywhere in the country. Who can I contact or does anyone have a link to information that I can look through? It is for work so I'll probably be there for a day or 2.

Thanks.
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 HO LE - Mine / 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 Auto - Hers

Default Re: Southern Mozambique travel safety

Jeep Grand Cherokee 2002 4.7 V8
    Conqueror Courage 2016

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DC Polokwane For This Useful Post:

Google DriveMoz, have a look at their Facebook page. Latest info available on their sites.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

The issues in the north, although serious, are almost 2000km away. Mozambique, south of Maputo, is pretty safe I would say.

Bella vista not really a tourist attraction though. Assuming your going to One of the places in the elephant reserve. Enjoy the trip.

edit: missed the bit about it being for work.... either way, your pretty much secluded from the issues in Cabo Delgado, anywhere in the south
    Last edited by Scheepers85; 2021/04/26 at 12:38 PM.

I would want your company to confirm that any insurance they have covers you for this trip. I know my old boss was looking to go to Cameroon, and the co travel insurance said they would not cover him for Ebola or any of the shenanigans related to Boko Haram etc if he proceeded to go. Make sure you are covered either way.

Thanks for the advice
    2015 Isuzu KB250 D/C 4x4 HO LE - Mine / 2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2l V6 Auto - Hers

To all concerned or interested .I have just been to Mozambique for a week returning last week 22/4/2021.
    I used kosi bay border post ; I was not asked by the SA side for a covid test at all ; just the temperature checking, details and health exit document.
    Mozambique they asked for the COVID test; plus the R280 third party and temp import about R200 .
    It took me a few minutes to get all done .
    ON my return I had to do a RT test - cost R300.
    I was at matola on private business and spent a long week end at ponta Techobanine to see some friends ;

Wanting to go back to maputo special reserve in the near furure I have spoken to a lady in charge of the bookings and information desk ; pse take note that there are no more camping facilities at ponta milibangalala ; the info that i got is all for ponta Membene now ; pse check on the map that I have attached .
    They have ablutions ,water and a kitchen and campsites available now at ponta Membene .
    One pays for the entry fee , the vehicle and the camping per tent ; sounded like 600 mets for sadc residents ; about R150 for every payable item ....? I have asked for confirmation via email .
    Rgds,
    Attached Images Attached Images