Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    43
    Posts
    466
    Thanked: 0

    Default AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Hi all

    I need some help with my 2012 FL2 SD4 SE please regarding brakes and AC

    Brakes: I need to change disks all round cant skim think they too bad so would like help with where can i get replacement disk and brakes. I recall some guys saying the petrol version is compatible and an upgrade but need to do this urgently so cant wait for 2nd hand spares unless they available ?

    AC: this is an odd ball it works when it wants too, Gas is fine also checked power to compressor is fine but it turns on when it feels like it and off the same what could be the problem. I am apprehensive to just replace the compressor if it could some other fault any help would be appreciated here.

    Thank you in Advance

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Joburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    573
    Thanked: 680

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    LP4A will have discs for the FL2. They have a Durban branch.
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beesblaas For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    43
    Posts
    466
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by Beesblaas View Post
    LP4A will have discs for the FL2. They have a Durban branch.
    Thank you will call them now

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,571
    Thanked: 1035

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sohail1 View Post
    Hi all

    I need some help with my 2012 FL2 SD4 SE please regarding brakes and AC

    Brakes: I need to change disks all round cant skim think they too bad so would like help with where can i get replacement disk and brakes. I recall some guys saying the petrol version is compatible and an upgrade but need to do this urgently so cant wait for 2nd hand spares unless they available ?

    AC: this is an odd ball it works when it wants too, Gas is fine also checked power to compressor is fine but it turns on when it feels like it and off the same what could be the problem. I am apprehensive to just replace the compressor if it could some other fault any help would be appreciated here.

    Thank you in Advance
    Perhaps get someone to check the operation of the clutch. It does take a bit of time.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,571
    Thanked: 1035

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sohail1 View Post
    Hi all

    I need some help with my 2012 FL2 SD4 SE please regarding brakes and AC

    Brakes: I need to change disks all round cant skim think they too bad so would like help with where can i get replacement disk and brakes. I recall some guys saying the petrol version is compatible and an upgrade but need to do this urgently so cant wait for 2nd hand spares unless they available ?

    AC: this is an odd ball it works when it wants too, Gas is fine also checked power to compressor is fine but it turns on when it feels like it and off the same what could be the problem. I am apprehensive to just replace the compressor if it could some other fault any help would be appreciated here.

    Thank you in Advance
    Perhaps get someone to check the operation of the clutch. It does take a bit of time. Also get the wiring checked out.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ekkekan For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    43
    Posts
    466
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Perhaps get someone to check the operation of the clutch. It does take a bit of time. Also get the wiring checked out.
    Thank you someone also said something of the sort its probably not engaging etc so it may have to come out anyway.

    Thanks guys taking it to auto electric chap in a few lets see what he says

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Joburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    573
    Thanked: 680

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    It could even be a aircon temp sensor acting up.
    Discovery 3 V8 HSE
    Defender 90 2.8i
    Audi SQ5 Tdi
    Range Rover 4.4 V8 sold
    Audi A3T sold

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    43
    Posts
    466
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by ekkekan View Post
    Perhaps get someone to check the operation of the clutch. It does take a bit of time. Also get the wiring checked out.
    Hi yes the techy also confirmed the clutch system of the compressor is not engaging so have a choice of repairing or new compressor.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanked: 300

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Had the same aircon issues last year and it ended up with a new compressor.
    I have met some crazy people. They have made me their leader...

    Si vis pacem, para bellum

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to thabogrobler For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    2,571
    Thanked: 1035

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sohail1 View Post
    Hi yes the techy also confirmed the clutch system of the compressor is not engaging so have a choice of repairing or new compressor.
    Not sure about the Landy but some clutches can be rewound for a fraction of the cost of a replacement.
    Good the problem is found.

  14. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Coffs Harbour
    Age
    69
    Posts
    15
    Thanked: 6

    Default Re: AC/Brakes help for FL2 SD4 SE

    Quote Originally Posted by sohail1 View Post
    Hi yes the techy also confirmed the clutch system of the compressor is not engaging so have a choice of repairing or new compressor.
    A/C clutch is p/no. LR017930

    2012 Amarok 4WD, 2.0l CDCA, manual g/box.

    2008 Land Rover Freelander 2 TDI SE, Auto.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •