Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tanzania president stands for tourism and travel

Just picked this up off another thread I was following, not on 4X4 community

Facebook

Not sure if this link will come through, I've checked since posting and the link works but not all are on Face Book, so copied and pasted the contents of the announcement below.

TANZANIA PRESIDENT STANDS FOR TOURISM AND TRAVEL....

When addressing the Parliament in Tanzania’s new capital of Dodoma, the Tanzania President said that her government is now attracting more tourists through aggressive marketing strategies at a global level.

The President said her government expects to raise the number of tourists from the current 1.5 million to 5 million visitors the next 5 years.

In the same line, the government expects to raise tourist revenues from the current US$2.6 billion to US$6 billion in the same period, she said.

To achieve its envisaged targets, the government is now attracting hotel and tourism investments with diversification of tourist visiting sites, mostly the historical sites and ocean beaches, among other sites once not fully developed to attract tourists.

Tanzania will also identify strategic countries to market its tourism through existing diplomatic missions and embassies, with an aggressive marketing of its safari products at a global level. There will also be a review of prohibitive taxes in tourism, aiming to relieve investors from taxes and revenue burden.

Conference, beach, heritage tourist products, and cruise ships are the potential areas which need development and marketing to woo more tourists and travel investments, mostly hotels, air transport ,and infrastructure.

Development of new national parks in Western Tanzania is expected to boost tourism in the Great Lakes zone, famous for chimpanzees and gorillas roaming between Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo. New parks are also expected as well to boost regional and intra-Africa tourism between Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic of Congo (DRC).

The African Tourism Board (ATB) executives have pledged their support to the Tanzanian President and said that travel and tourism industry has high hopes since the President is from the island of Zanzibar, a main travel and tourism destination for Tanzania and East Africa.

Through a message released late last month (March), ATB President Mr. Alain St.Ange said: “Madame Samia Suluhu Hassan is from the Indian Ocean Island of Zanzibar. She is also the first female President in the East Africa and the ninth woman President on the continent.

“This accession rewards the commitment of the United Nations as well as national and international organizations institutions to the advancement of women’s participation in political processes and, above all, their involvement in elections.

“The African Tourism Board is looking forward to continuing working with Tanzania as the continent prepares arrangements for a post-COVID era.”-Apolinari Tairo

I'm not certain if this is a good thing or a bad thing for Overlanders, if it comes into fruition it is a good idea to get in now before the hordes arrive.

Last edited by Tedx2; 2021/04/28 at 02:08 PM.
    John 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D and 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

Default Re: Tanzania president stands for tourism and travel

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Just picked this up off another thread I was following, not on 4X4 community

Facebook

Not sure if this link will come through, I've checked since posting and the link works but not all are on Face Book, so copied and pasted the contents of the announcement below.

TANZANIA PRESIDENT STANDS FOR TOURISM AND TRAVEL....

When addressing the Parliament in Tanzania’s new capital of Dodoma, the Tanzania President said that her government is now attracting more tourists through aggressive marketing strategies at a global level.

The President said her government expects to raise the number of tourists from the current 1.5 million to 5 million visitors the next 5 years.

In the same line, the government expects to raise tourist revenues from the current US$2.6 billion to US$6 billion in the same period, she said.

To achieve its envisaged targets, the government is now attracting hotel and tourism investments with diversification of tourist visiting sites, mostly the historical sites and ocean beaches, among other sites once not fully developed to attract tourists.

Tanzania will also identify strategic countries to market its tourism through existing diplomatic missions and embassies, with an aggressive marketing of its safari products at a global level. There will also be a review of prohibitive taxes in tourism, aiming to relieve investors from taxes and revenue burden.

Conference, beach, heritage tourist products, and cruise ships are the potential areas which need development and marketing to woo more tourists and travel investments, mostly hotels, air transport ,and infrastructure.

Development of new national parks in Western Tanzania is expected to boost tourism in the Great Lakes zone, famous for chimpanzees and gorillas roaming between Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, and DR Congo. New parks are also expected as well to boost regional and intra-Africa tourism between Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, and the Democratic of Congo (DRC).

The African Tourism Board (ATB) executives have pledged their support to the Tanzanian President and said that travel and tourism industry has high hopes since the President is from the island of Zanzibar, a main travel and tourism destination for Tanzania and East Africa.

Through a message released late last month (March), ATB President Mr. Alain St.Ange said: “Madame Samia Suluhu Hassan is from the Indian Ocean Island of Zanzibar. She is also the first female President in the East Africa and the ninth woman President on the continent.

“This accession rewards the commitment of the United Nations as well as national and international organizations institutions to the advancement of women’s participation in political processes and, above all, their involvement in elections.

“The African Tourism Board is looking forward to continuing working with Tanzania as the continent prepares arrangements for a post-COVID era.”-Apolinari Tairo

I'm not certain if this is a good thing or a bad thing for Overlanders, if it comes into fruition it is a good idea to get in now before the hordes arrive.

I'm not sure that you will see hordes arriving while the country is in COVID denial and nobody knows what's actually going on.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to River Rat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    I'm not sure that you will see hordes arriving while the country is in COVID denial and nobody knows what's actually going on.
    Sorry, yes I should have put a time factor into that, the now I meant was in the next +/-18 months, planning will take about 6 months minimum, her plan is a 5 year plan. Besides which the previous Tanzanian president always claimed there is no COVID in Tanzania
    John 2014 Toyota Hilux 4x4 3.0 D4D and 2021 Toyota Prado GXL 2.8
    Baobab BL1715 "Kamba"
    "I never knew of a morning in Africa when I woke up and was not happy" - Ernest Hemingway

Kgalagadi 2019 Namibia 2019 Gonarezhou 2019 Mana/Tafika 2018 Kgalagadi 2017 Lion, Hippo, Eland Leguaan, Python

You make it sound like an even better destination.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    You make it sound like an even better destination.
    Each to his own here's an approach more to my liking
    https://www.businessinsider.co.za/va...aldives-2021-4

Quote Originally Posted by Tedx2 View Post
    Sorry, yes I should have put a time factor into that, the now I meant was in the next +/-18 months, planning will take about 6 months minimum, her plan is a 5 year plan. Besides which the previous Tanzanian president always claimed there is no COVID in Tanzania
    And by all accounts he died from it while receiving treatment in Kenya.
    I think it becomes an option if you have at least received the vaccine, but the risk then shifts to whether you will be able to receive medical care in the case of an accident while COVID is putting the hospitals under pressure.

I agree, to each his own. I just returned from the Namib, sweating every day , digging vehicles out of hot sand, not seeing civilization for a week, more my kind of place.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bex For This Useful Post:

I think leave Tanzania to be what Tanzania wants to be, don't turn it into another Maldives.
    People spend a lot of money turning their vehicles into overlanders and go into Africa, a trip to the Maldives would be cheaper, why don't everybody go there?

I was just checking out a package deal oddly enough, 7 nights, full board, airfares, accom, selected drinks, in those over water chalets; R27k. Thats cheaper than DBN for 7 nights
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bex View Post
    I think leave Tanzania to be what Tanzania wants to be, don't turn it into another Maldives.
    People spend a lot of money turning their vehicles into overlanders and go into Africa, a trip to the Maldives would be cheaper, why don't everybody go there?
    Oh don't get me wrong I will definitely visit Tanzania but I prefer to know what's going on rather than being kept in the dark. The signal being sent out by Tanzania by jailing anyone who questions the governments approach to COVID is quite telling, in the meantime there are plenty of other overlanding destinations that are more viable from a risk assessment aspect.

Bleh,

The statement is a copy paste one from many other African countries who have professed the same with little to no result. probably formulated by a EU sponsored consultant.

What they don't understand is that governments cannot create tourism. What they can create is an environment for tourism to flourish by making it a profitable business possibility for private sector.

The starting point is a international airport with cheap regular flights available from all over the world.

Yet a few days ago the one regular flight to Zanzibar for SA has stopped because its gone bankrupt.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Tanzania is such a beautiful country.

Tanzania is, indeed, a very beautiful country - with many varied habitats. However, there are no gorillas in Tanzania. Chimpanzees, yes, but no gorillas.

They should probably work on fixing their immigration bribery problem, and work on their reputation as a police state... I agree though beautiful country.

Who can afford R 16 000 per person including travel time >>Thats 229 days camping at Rooiputs

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    Bleh,

The statement is a copy paste one from many other African countries who have professed the same with little to no result. probably formulated by a EU sponsored consultant.

What they don't understand is that governments cannot create tourism. What they can create is an environment for tourism to flourish by making it a profitable business possibility for private sector.

The starting point is a international airport with cheap regular flights available from all over the world.

Yet a few days ago the one regular flight to Zanzibar for SA has stopped because its gone bankrupt.
    Friends of ours flew from RSA 2 days ago for Zanzibar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    Who can afford R 16 000 per person including travel time >>Thats 229 days camping at Rooiputs
    Oom Betts, party kan, ander kan nie.

Wat maak dit saak?
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

22. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Estee View Post
    I was just checking out a package deal oddly enough, 7 nights, full board, airfares, accom, selected drinks, in those over water chalets; R27k. Thats cheaper than DBN for 7 nights
    Thats why I bought a trailer for retirement camping //R 54 K for wife and I to go to a few Palm Trees over the sea when we have those in our garden and walk to the beach in PE for free

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Oom Betts, party kan, ander kan nie.

Wat maak dit saak?
    Just means I dont even look at adverts like that

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    Just means I dont even look at adverts like that
    Ek ook nie oom, ek en my vrou glo ons moet eers elke hoek en kant van ons eie land verken voordat ons "oorsee" gaan.

Dis die amptelike verskoning.

Die ware rede is dat ons nie geld het om oorsee te gaan nie
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast