Default Cheapish electric cars

https://balkangreenenergynews.com/ro...only-eur-7700/
    This is essentially an electric Quid.
    Whilst it is interesting to follow developments in Europe I think it will be quite a while before we see mainstream adoption of electric cars in Africa .

Default Re: Cheapish electric cars

I'd be interested in looking into the viability of getting a little electric school runner. Especially if it's possible to install a wireless docking station in the garage....

Very little moving parts. No filling up at petrol stations. It will be interesting to do the maths to see if its worth it yet economically.

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post
    I'd be interested in looking into the viability of getting a little electric school runner. Especially if it's possible to install a wireless docking station in the garage....

Very little moving parts. No filling up at petrol stations. It will be interesting to do the maths to see if its worth it yet economically.
    I think if the price is acceptable ,people who donít have to drive far daily will start buying them .Unfortunately I doubt our Government would subsidise Electric cars like they do in Europe.
    Yes maintenance costs would be low and and home changing stations should not break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by GollyJeep View Post
    Unfortunately I doubt our Government would subsidise Electric cars like they do in Europe.
    I think guvmunt will do the opposite and tax those cars to the maximum. Keep in mind where they get their easy billions from - taxing the fuel. The more electric cars, the less fuel used and less money for them to steal.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sias For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shady View Post

Nissan Leaf and Kia e-niro seem close to affordable abroad. Not sure both have the critical masses for local business case. Kia e-niro range is especially impressive at close to 500km per charge.