Default Everest 3.2 wheels

A have a colleague with a 3.2 Everest (2019 model IIRC) currently on the 20" wheels looking at fitting smaller Ranger rims with tires when using the car for sand driving. My assumption would be that one can take rims and tires from a Ranger and bolt them onto the Everest. Is this correct? And if so what is the smallest rim that would fit?

Thanks for the advice!

'12 Audi Q5 3.0 TDi quattro stock standard

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

'01 Jeep WJ Limited 4.7 V8 with some bits - Sold
    '83 Range Rover Classic 3dr 3.5 V8 Rust bucket - Sold

Default Re: Everest 3.2 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    A have a colleague with a 3.2 Everest (2019 model IIRC) currently on the 20" wheels looking at fitting smaller Ranger rims with tires when using the car for sand driving. My assumption would be that one can take rims and tires from a Ranger and bolt them onto the Everest. Is this correct? And if so what is the smallest rim that would fit?

Thanks for the advice!
    One would probably go down to the 16 inch rim that came out with the T6 baseline model. Other T6 rims are 17 and Wildtrak 18 inch.

Factory lug nuts from Ford a problem so he should opt to get proper lug nuts to avoid surprises when changing the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    One would probably go down to the 16 inch rim that came out with the T6 baseline model. Other T6 rims are 17 and Wildtrak 18 inch.

Factory lug nuts from Ford a problem so he should opt to get proper lug nuts to avoid surprises when changing the wheels
    Thanks for the advice, so 16" will fit over the calipers as they are the same on both the bakkie and the SUV?

Could you also elaborate on the lug nut issue please?

'07 VW Touareg (T2) 3.0 V6 TDi (BKS), Air Suspension, Centre and Rear diff locks, DeCAT, 265-65R17 muds - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Thanks for the advice, so 16" will fit over the calipers as they are the same on both the bakkie and the SUV?

Could you also elaborate on the lug nut issue please?
    One of my technicians has a baseline ranger. Hade the factory 16inch and he sometime ago bought the 18inch for aesthetics.

The lug nuts have a jacket that strips resulting in the wheel spanner not fitting. This is a video explaining it

https://youtu.be/0mN4fDWAGGE

Quote Originally Posted by Therackermann View Post
    One of my technicians has a baseline ranger. Hade the factory 16inch and he sometime ago bought the 18inch for aesthetics.

The lug nuts have a jacket that strips resulting in the wheel spanner not fitting. This is a video explaining it

https://youtu.be/0mN4fDWAGGE
    Ah yes, I helped this very same friend with brake pads not so long ago and found the same issue as you are describing. I advised him to get some replacements ASAP. I assume the tire place must have messed them up. Silly to cover the bolts like that really...