Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 92
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brackenfell
    Age
    32
    Posts
    110
    Thanked: 170

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Remember what everyone said about Hyundai and Kia when they first launched in SA in the late 90's?
    And look where they are now.

    I think the P-series is awesome, and with the 7 year warranty, it is very attractive.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to franshorn For This Useful Post:

    FWM

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,333
    Thanked: 685

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I stopped by the local dealer this afternoon to have a look at the H9 and then also climbed in the POER Lx, which is the lower specced double cab. It is seriously neat! The look of the cabin certainly reminds of the X-Class. Seats are very comfortable, even in the back. All trimmings are either soft leather or quality plastic.
    Pigeons, meet cat!
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

    "I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I also had a test drive with the top model. Very impressive!! My only concern is that it is recommended to only run on 10ppm diesel which is not always available in remote towns...

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Terenure, Kemptonpark
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanked: 223

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I have seen quite a few recently, yesterday looking at one next to me at the robot, another came out a side street.

    There are people seeing the value of these trokkies, and I for one think it's a very capable brand nowadays.

    But I travel too much to buy one. Lost serious money when I had to sell my Duster after 2 years from new with 100k km on.

    But as a 15k km a year vehicle? I'll definitely buy it.

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    849
    Thanked: 4241

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    The P series does seem like good value for money, but with any relatively new brand on the market, there is always a caveat:

    There is a reason for paying +100k less for the equivalent Japanese or Korean vehicle. I am not convinced by the "you're paying for the name" when it comes to long-established brands.

    This does not make the P series a bad car or a bad buy though.

    Just don't expect a Mercedes when you pay Beetle money.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    "When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:


  8. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Terenure, Kemptonpark
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,526
    Thanked: 223

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    As said previously, Hyundai and Kia both started from the same basis.

    I see they released the Haval Jolian, very capable vehicle

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    849
    Thanked: 4241

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisXander View Post
    As said previously, Hyundai and Kia both started from the same basis.

    I see they released the Haval Jolian, very capable vehicle
    They did. And look where they are now. I have very little doubt that GWM will reach the same position in 10 years.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    "When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

  10. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    33
    Posts
    415
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I'm seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this
    Trying to get a black full house with the cream leather. Hope it's possible. They only get the black leather in SA
    Pajero Sport 2010 with a good sound system
    Polo 2018
    Audi A4 2018
    C220D 2015 ( Sold)
    Colt 2.8TDI 4x4 2005 ( Sold)
    Ranger 4x4 1998 (sold)
    Mazda Rustler 1995 ( sold)

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deeps For This Useful Post:


  12. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    just south of Mozambique border
    Age
    69
    Posts
    681
    Thanked: 219

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I bought a GWM 2.2 bakkie in 2007 new for R105k sold it 10 years later for R45k never had a single problem and I still see it driving around. I would buy a GWM again without any hesitation. Yes I agree with the devaluation over time but if I had bought a simular bakkie after 10 years l believe l would have lost more than R60k.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly AND FOR THE SAME REASON
    Save the rhino kill a poacher
    1973 Series IIA 109 (Jorrie)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shemula For This Useful Post:


  14. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pinetown
    Age
    49
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemula View Post
    I bought a GWM 2.2 bakkie in 2007 new for R105k sold it 10 years later for R45k never had a single problem and I still see it driving around. I would buy a GWM again without any hesitation. Yes I agree with the devaluation over time but if I had bought a simular bakkie after 10 years l believe l would have lost more than R60k.
    Bought a 2lt vgt AWD dc new in 2014. Had endless problems that could not be fixed.As soon as you turn on the lights, it would select low range. After a very long 3 months of court threads, it got replaced.
    The 2nd unit was a bullet. never had problems, always serviced at agents in Pinetown. Suspention lifted, bullbar with winch and the lot.
    Did quite a few offroad trips. No difflock. And then the agents killed it after the 1st major service in 2017 at 85000km. Asked them to replace the clutch while they did the service.Total R35K.
    Then it started , the steering rack had to be replaced as water corroded it beyond saving(R11k+). The head gasket went due to a manufacturing flaw in the intake manifold(R12,5ki). (blowing direct on the head)new manifold R5.7k.
    It took them 3 days to start the van after the head repair. Cought them towing the van up and down there driveway to try and start it.Then had egr errors.Went to Barcley east that December (4 months after this started) and the engin light came on. they could not help as it was a publc holiday the 16th, managed to get it back to Pinetown.Self stripped and cleand all sensors. Engin management light would still pop up every so often.Drove it to a dealership that Jan, and am now the proud owner of a MU-X.

    My thought was , it is cheap, so if anything goes wrong , i can put money into it and it is still cheaper than a base ford.You can dricve top of the range, but if the people looking after it screws up--------
    My point, that Steed 5 was a good van. Little under powered , but the agents killed it.If for some reason i buy , or win any gwn/haval, my wife has permition to take me to the vet, and end me.
    Never again.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to jacof23 For This Useful Post:


  16. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,333
    Thanked: 685

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
    ...
    Trying to get a black full house with the cream leather. ....
    They are probably good vehicles, but they are not intended as getaway cars!
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

    "I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

  17. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Kriel
    Age
    60
    Posts
    17
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I Bought the GWM 2.2 MPI D/C 4x4 in 2010 for R130.000 new ( sailor series)
    On the moment the clock is just above 101000.km
    I can not complain at all - only problem is the rear seats is not very comfortable, if you have passengers for a very long trip
    (more than 800 km) they might complain a bit.
    Maybe I can change the rear seats for more comfort for the passengers.
    I use only the vehicle when I'm on leave or need to pick up something
    Fuel consumption between 8 & 9 km/100 with the aircon. on.
    I bought the GWM M4 for my wife, same as the Haval H1
    She is very happy with this vehicle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to hrogers For This Useful Post:


  19. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Tzaneen
    Age
    60
    Posts
    205
    Thanked: 85

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisXander View Post
    As said previously, Hyundai and Kia both started from the same basis.

    I see they released the Haval Jolian, very capable vehicle
    Toyota also started the same way in the 60s when they launched the Toyopet Stout. People who bought it were told they were nuts. Look what happened. New brands need to be given a chance.
    2021 Suzuki Jimny GLX AT (Kinetic Yellow)
    2017 Amarok V6 HiLine+
    2014 Amarok 4Motion Auto (Sold)
    1983 Suzuki SJ410V
    2019 Nissan X-Trail 2.5 Tekna CVT
    1985 Suzuki SJ413
    Fiat 500 1400MTA (Tweety)

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dez For This Useful Post:


  21. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Benoni
    Posts
    3,509
    Thanked: 52

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick702 View Post
    I also had a test drive with the top model. Very impressive!! My only concern is that it is recommended to only run on 10ppm diesel which is not always available in remote towns...
    the manual actually mentions Low Sulphur Diesel, 50ppm or less
    Doug Norval
    -------------------------------
    New & Used Car Sales Exec.
    HAVAL/GWM Fourways

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to DouglasN For This Useful Post:


  23. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Benoni
    Posts
    3,509
    Thanked: 52

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
    Sorry I was trying to say i like the super select, incorrect wording

    the P series has the following items which I did not note on the Triton

    easy lift tailgate
    7'' digital instrument cluster
    220v plug
    360 camera
    Lane departure warning + Lane keeping + Lane center keeping
    steering sensitivity adjustment
    adaptive cruise control
    Forward Collision Warning & Auto Emergency Braking
    Traffic Sign Recognition
    Wireless charging
    Electric Seats & 6 way Driver Adjustable
    Heated seats
    Rear Cross Traffic Alert
    Tyre Pressure Monitor System
    Just to add to this,

    the ZF 8 speed gearbox
    the Borg Warner torque-on-demand 4x4 system
    the Bosch computers managing the the traction control, stability control, ABS etc
    Doug Norval
    -------------------------------
    New & Used Car Sales Exec.
    HAVAL/GWM Fourways

  24. #76
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    2
    Thanked: 3

    Cool Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    I've got a 2.0l SX commercial p series. So far I'm loving it. The only thing that gets to me is the turbo lag below 1500rpm. Suspension is ok, definitely not an Amarok but close to a Ranger.

    The p series comes with a 5yr service plan and warranty. And the spec you've opted for has a 360 camera and a ZF gearbox (the same gearbox on the current M3/M5).

    Any hope you get it. We need more GWM guys on the forum.

    Good luck.

  25. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanked: 497

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    My Ford Ranger was involved in a slight fender bender last week.

    Currently waiting on what the outcome will be with regards to a fixable ute
    or a write off.






    In the mean time, thankfully, Australian law depicts that the 'not at fault' party is entitled to a rental vehicle free of charge until either the
    damage is fixed or money transferred into account because of write off.

    I was given a blue base model GWM Cannon for the first 2 days.




    So, coming from a manual diesel ute made in 2009, now into this 2lt diesel auto was very nice indeed.

    IF, one could somehow KNOW there will be raliability connected to this brand, then this would be and AWESOME dayly drive.

    I did complain to the rental company that I needed a ute with a tow bar in order to carry on with business day to day. They had a tow bar fitted to another Cannon and delivered it the next day. Same model.



    Pricing for these are as follows:

    Cannon $34 500
    Cannon L $38 000
    Cannon X $41 000

    Sitting with a bit of a problem now. If my ute gets written off, my budget ends at about $35k for another ute. Was really hoping to stay with the Ford
    Ranger, but secondhand they are currently pretty expensive. I believe in ZA you also have this problem now with 'Covid Tax' being added to the price of
    second hand cars?

    So ja, for $40k you get a new ute with better specs than any other ute out there in that engine size and price range from what I can see...??

    On top of that, 7 year warranty and unlimited kilometers...... hmmmmm......
    I don't know.......

    My old ute had about 115kw and 380Nm stock. Had it remapped and not sure what the figuires are now.

    This Cannon has 120kw and 400Nm and aparantly a very well known gearbox.

    Resale value is probably not that great?


    I will be using it mostly for work towing a 750kg trailer and then once a month perhaps towing a 2.5t caravan.

    We do a lot of beach and bush camping, so not sure how that 2lt automatic will do in thick sand for 10 to 20km at a time?

    No more Jeeps for me for a while.
    2009 Ford Ranger PK 3.0

  26. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Randfontein
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,342
    Thanked: 4499

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoubert View Post
    My Ford Ranger was involved in a slight fender bender last week.

    Currently waiting on what the outcome will be with regards to a fixable ute
    or a write off.






    In the mean time, thankfully, Australian law depicts that the 'not at fault' party is entitled to a rental vehicle free of charge until either the
    damage is fixed or money transferred into account because of write off.

    I was given a blue base model GWM Cannon for the first 2 days.




    So, coming from a manual diesel ute made in 2009, now into this 2lt diesel auto was very nice indeed.

    IF, one could somehow KNOW there will be raliability connected to this brand, then this would be and AWESOME dayly drive.

    I did complain to the rental company that I needed a ute with a tow bar in order to carry on with business day to day. They had a tow bar fitted to another Cannon and delivered it the next day. Same model.



    Pricing for these are as follows:

    Cannon $34 500
    Cannon L $38 000
    Cannon X $41 000

    Sitting with a bit of a problem now. If my ute gets written off, my budget ends at about $35k for another ute. Was really hoping to stay with the Ford
    Ranger, but secondhand they are currently pretty expensive. I believe in ZA you also have this problem now with 'Covid Tax' being added to the price of
    second hand cars?

    So ja, for $40k you get a new ute with better specs than any other ute out there in that engine size and price range from what I can see...??

    On top of that, 7 year warranty and unlimited kilometers...... hmmmmm......
    I don't know.......

    My old ute had about 115kw and 380Nm stock. Had it remapped and not sure what the figuires are now.

    This Cannon has 120kw and 400Nm and aparantly a very well known gearbox.

    Resale value is probably not that great?


    I will be using it mostly for work towing a 750kg trailer and then once a month perhaps towing a 2.5t caravan.

    We do a lot of beach and bush camping, so not sure how that 2lt automatic will do in thick sand for 10 to 20km at a time?

    You have an impressive insurance company. Here in SA you wont find service like that.
    Willie Knoetze

    2019 Nissan NP300 2.5tdi d/c 4x4

  27. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,622
    Thanked: 497

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    You have an impressive insurance company. Here in SA you wont find service like that.
    Its not really the insurance company, but rather Australian law.

    Anyone who was in a car accident who was 'not at fault' are entitled to a rental car in order to carry on with life.

    Nanny state problems......... I tell you :-)
    No more Jeeps for me for a while.
    2009 Ford Ranger PK 3.0

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to jdjoubert For This Useful Post:


  29. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    54
    Posts
    13,896
    Thanked: 1095

    Default Re: Gwm p series 4x4 LT

    Quote Originally Posted by Hennie84 View Post
    The problem I find with people wanting to buy a Chinese brand especially is that they only look at the gadgets. Fact is these vehicles are unproven, especially when it comes to engine reliability, who know what spares availability is like?!

    GWM P-Series 4x4 LT R545000
    Mitsubishi Triton 2.4Di-DC 4x4 R575000, no brainer.
    My thinking too. Then last week I see a friend of mine sold his new paj sport for a 2l everest? The mitsu kept on overheating the moment he started towing his caravan! so that took the mitsu out of the equation completely!
    Training: 4x4, bush mechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.
    COMBAT19: Large scale fogging and decontamination
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •