Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: A Diary of a Keto Challenge - Meal plan by FitChef Started 19/4/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Olyfboer View Post
    Andrew, I lost 30 kg in 7 months going full Keto. If you want to go Keto, potato's are a big no-no. Anything that grows under the ground are high carb and the body metabolises them into sugar and then fat. Fruit is sugar except for Avo. Nuts are OK except peanut and cashew. Bread is high carb as is beer. You can drink whiskey, gin, vodka and rum with water, no carbs in those. Avoid anything with sugar in it. Milk has 5% sugar. You can eat as much real and preferably high fat cheese as you like. Full fat yoghurt too. Low fat has had the fat replaced by carbs which forms sugar in the body. Tuna is excellent for no carbs and Omega 3.

You can eat any meat you like and the fat makes you feel full. Chicken skin is OK.

Prof Tim Noakes turned the entire diet world upside down and showed the corporate greed in promoting a high carb diet. The Noakes HFLCNS (High Fat, Low Carb, No Sugar) diet will make you go full keto and lose weight quickly without an increase in exercise. Remember it takes about two weeks on this diet for the body to go into ketosis where it starts burning the fat.

Good luck.

We did Banting in 2017, just when it came out. I lost a quite a bit, but my wife could not cope with all the fat and the especially the amount of eggs (I love eggs). But mostly the prep and cooking of those meals with Banting, with my job hours, was very difficult.

What I am trying to say is that I know all about these diets and what sugar is and its effects. With this thread it is more of a test about the FitChef product and if it works.
    And a way for me to be able to track any progress
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2021/04/19 at 11:08 AM.

I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

Default Re: A Diary of a Keto Challenge - Meal plan by FitChef Started 19/4/2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
    We did Banting in 2017, just when it came out. I lost a quite a bit, but my wife could not cope with all the fat and the especially the amount of eggs (I love eggs). But mostly the prep and cooking those meals with my job hours, was very difficult.

What I am trying to say is that I know all about these diets and what sugar is and its effects. With this thread it is more of a test about the FitChef product and if it works.
    And a way for me to be able to track any progress
    Good luck. Let us know how it goes. The problem I see though, is it takes about 2 weeks to go into keto on a strict no carb diet. The diet is 21 days long with carbs which is not going to get you into keto...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Olyfboer For This Useful Post:

Good luck. Let us know how it goes. The problem I see though, is it takes about 2 weeks to go into keto on a strict no carb diet. The diet is 21 days long with carbs which is not going to get you into keto...
    Let's not kick the dog just yet, there is only one way to find out..
    So far it is reported that everyone who did the challenge, and stuck out the 3 weeks lost a good deal of weight. But hey.. Let us see. I have no reason to fake any results, and this way we can prove or disprove their statements.

It is more than just about what I eat for me, it is about what I am NOT eating while on this.....

Regarding the potatoes, in the meal was one baby potato, those very small ones, it was cut in half.. And I left it, because of the texture.

The meals are divided into groups of low carb meals and very low carb, and suggestions are made on what to start with..

Andrew you are going to be so bored at IAT

Good luck, stick it out boet!
    Dirk Theron - Life's a journey, enjoy the ride!
    18 Land Cruiser FJ - build to play
    19 Hilux 2.8 GD-6 Auto 4x4 - my best overland build ever
    17 BL865 Ratel4 - the house on wheels
    2013 LC 200 4.6 Petrol V8 - Ex. The best car I have owned, apart from its thirst
    2014 LC 79 V8 - Ex
    2001 LC 105 4.5 EFI - Ex
    2013 FJ Cruiser - Ex
    1996 LC 80 UK spec VX 4.5 EFI auto - Ex
    2001 Jeep TJ 4L - Ex
    2006 Jeep Cherokee - Ex
    1989 LC Bundera 1KZ-TE 3L auto - Ex
    1996 Nissan Sani DC 4x4 - Ex

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DCTheron For This Useful Post:

I have to agree with Olyfboer.

You will definitely see the scale move a bit even with restricted starch. I have done it that way. Lost 35kg. Twice. But at a painfully slow pace.

But I question how deep into ketosis you will go while consuming starch. I know for me it will trigger sugar cravings and keep me low grade antsy if I introduced that bit of carbs they have on that plate. I have no sugar cravings at all when I am starch free, but only about 3 weeks into keto.

Do they have starch on the lunch and dinner plate as well? Some people are OK with keto at a 100g net carbs, some can only tolerate 50g carbs and some unfortunates like me only 20g or less. You will have to find out where the 2 of you fall.

Some people wither without starch, like my mom. So there are also that group. But I speculate that you will know by now if you fall in that group.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmie L For This Useful Post:

Ja neh, we shall see.

I used to smoke a long time ago, actually got a lot calmer than what I used to be after stopping that dirty habit, but I replaced cigarettes with food..

Picked up 20kg in 2 years...

Now, we must replace food with buying petrol

Same happened to me since I quit smoking, many many years ago. Gained a lot of weight. I am just about a kilo more than you.

But, I lack motivation to do something about it.
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WAJ For This Useful Post:

Default A Diary of a Keto Challenge - Meal plan by FitChef Started 19/4/2021

So Lunch was a Chargrilled lemon chicken breast and stir fry veggies.
    Not bad at all.. Tasty and tender breast, and the veggies are.. well.... veggies

I still need a coffee!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1061.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	612929
    Last edited by Hedgehog; 2021/04/19 at 11:49 AM.

A bit early for lunch.

At this rate you'll have dinner at 3 and be in bed by 6..........

Andrew Beuster

Amarok milk bottle

"So really , you are not so smart , you are a old Oomie that has to much time on his hands" - Christo Meisenheimer

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LandyAndy For This Useful Post:

Good luck! Coffee on Keto is totally fine. Even look at "bulletproof coffee". (not my favorite at all), but it's a staple for most Keto athletes.

I've been in the health and fitness industry for many years, and was on keto for a while, not to lose weight, but just because I feel 1000% better and healthier without sugar.

Swambo is battling to get rid of her baby weight after over a year, so she has decided to try Keto, starting next week, and I'll go keto as well, just to make meal times easier for us.

You are going to be amazed at how good you feel, once you are in ketosis. note, you may feel like crap for a few days. - For me, its usually day 5-8 that is the worst, almost like flu.

In the past I explored FitShef, though quite expensive I think it can work if you buy no extras, let alone eat anything extra. I think it must be seen as your total food budget for the month end of story and you should idealy also start with a empty fridge plus empty food cupboard.
    I always say if it's not in the house you can't eat it, if there's zero temptations you can't cheat and especially with this you don't want to mess up this expensive experriment by eating other stuff in between.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

I had some fatty biltong for a snack at about 4pm

And a full cream coffee

Dinner is cautage pie.

Name:	595fbb18-b74e-4408-b1fb-a5c5f316bd9c.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	613019

Dinner is cautage pie.

Name:	595fbb18-b74e-4408-b1fb-a5c5f316bd9c.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	613019
    Cauliflower? Interesting.

I had some fatty biltong for a snack at about 4pm
    Nothing wrong with fatty biltong for keto. And coffee is OK too. Full cream no problem either. Just no sugar.

The choices seem quite interesting. What's the cost of the meals?

Quote Originally Posted by FantomBadger View Post
    Cauliflower? Interesting.
    That caully mash pie was the best tasting meal so far..

Enjoyed that.

Nothing wrong with fatty biltong for keto. And coffee is OK too. Full cream no problem either. Just no sugar.

The choices seem quite interesting. What's the cost of the meals?
    You get 108 meals and 18 snacks

It works out to about R67 a meal, without taking the snacks into account

I would say about R60 for each meal

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedgehog For This Useful Post:

Name:	646be0c6-bbd3-4030-a200-c7cc96f3fe6e.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	212.3 KB 
ID:	613057
    Full cream coffee
    Done

Sugarless and not even bothering me

Good luck

I have also tried it, not my favorite type of 'diet' but did it as a experiment to know how it works on my body

I remember the coffees with mct oil was the best, can't recall what it was called... Bulletproof?

If you stick to it, you'll lose weight

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Heino13 For This Useful Post:

That caully mash pie was the best tasting meal so far..

Enjoyed that.
    Cauliflower is one of the few vegetables I still don't eat, only reason is I a have a mind block. Not even sure what it tastes like. Disliked it as a child and never tried it again.

But Im going to find recipes online for this and try it. Sounds like this is the way to eat cauliflower.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast