Thread: Sunningdale

Default Sunningdale

Hi All,

Seriously considering buying a house in Sunningdale. Any pros, cons, suggestions or recommendations?

Thank you very much.

Default Re: Sunningdale

Have a few friends staying there and they are all happy
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oppies3800 For This Useful Post:

Avoid staying too close to the main roads (foot and speeding car traffic)... otherwise, have a few friends who actively searched for a place there... very nice.
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMabena For This Useful Post:

We have been in Parklands North for about 5 years now, we are one street over from Sunningdale.

Cons:
    Traffic to the City in the mornings can be real bad. Its been better post covid.
    LOTS of schools in the area, so you have to take that into account with traffic times.
    Wind PUMPS for about 6 months a year.

Pros:
    Lots of schools around.
    Gyms, Parks, Doggy Park, Mall, Shops, beach, ect. Whatever you need is within a 5min drive.
    Nice community atmosphere.
    Quiet.
    Atlantis Dunes, Zone 7 Motox track, good surf spots are all close by.

As safe as you are going to get nowadays. In 5 years we have had zero crime incidents. I don't have electric fencing, I sleep with my doors open. Our cars stand in our driveway open to the street, we forget the windows open (wet dogs from the beach) often and never had any issues, even with petty crime. I did have a pair of gardening shears go missing that was left on the outside wall on Bin day once, but that has been it.

I must note, we do live in a quiet cul-de-sac, with only one road leading into it, which helps.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarocky Balboa View Post
    We have been in Parklands North for about 5 years now, we are one street over from Sunningdale.

Cons:
    Traffic to the City in the mornings can be real bad. Its been better post covid.
    LOTS of schools in the area, so you have to take that into account with traffic times.

Pros:
    Lots of schools around.
    Gyms, Parks, Doggy Park, Mall, Shops, beach, ect. Whatever you need is within a 5min drive.
    Quiet.

As safe as you are going to get nowadays. In 5 years we have had zero crime incidents. I don't have electric fencing, I sleep with my doors open. Our cars stand in our driveway open to the street, we forget the windows open (wet dogs from the beach) often and never had any issues, even with petty crime. I did have a pair of gardening shears go missing that was left on the outside wall on Bin day once, but that has been it.

I must note, we do live in a quiet cul-de-sac, with only one road leading into it, which helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Swazi123 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amarocky Balboa View Post

Cons:

Pros:
    Lots of schools around.
    Quiet.

We are on a fairly busy road in "old" Parklands and in 17 years, we have had a few fence jumpers that exited as soon as the dogs came to say hi and I have had our cars gone through in the front yard a few times. We also don't lock them as it's become out policy not to leave stuff in the cars and having them gone through is cheaper than replacing windows.
    I did have 2 empty gas bottles nicked one night, but in all fairness, I did leave them next to the front door in full view of the road....
    Cheers,
    John Kilfoil

Rover P6
    Land Rover Discovery II Td5 Manual
    Range Rover P38 HSE
    Moto Guzzi LeMans
    Aprilia Tuono V2

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohnnoK For This Useful Post: