Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Vaccine - 60 and over registration now open

Both wife and I registered on Friday and both received a confirmation on Saturday afternoon.
    Gen 4 Pajero GLX 3.2 DiD
    Forum Radio Licence 1037

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    Seeing that I'm the one that started the "The Forum is getting boring fred, I think I should jump in here.

Guys, am I the only one that noticed the "TIC" at the bottom of natand's post?
    Yes an that means? I am joking but in such a way that there are ..........or watch me derail this thread....................or let's see how much infighting we can ....... I gave a truthful answer and if you are bored with the forum........... don't stir what does not need stirring
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

We signed a month ago at Clicks while having our Flu injection there

Signed up yesterday - easy peasy.
    No SMS as yet but as far as I can tell it seems to have completed successfully.
    @Natand:
    It's because we are so special.

I know this because my grandchildren et al tell be so .... frequently.
    Last edited by Peter1949; 2021/04/19 at 06:27 AM.
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter1949 For This Useful Post:

Bonitas advised that we first get our normal annual flu shots asap since you need twoo weeks (14 days) gap between that and the Covid jab for best effectiveness. How they know that I don't know.
    So we are going today for the usual annual flu jab.
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    Bonitas advised that we first get our normal annual flu shots asap since you need twoo weeks (14 days) gap between that and the Covid jab for best effectiveness.
    Yes, this is an interesting point Peter about the Flu vaccine. Firstly and not surprisingly there has been a national shortage of the Flu vaccine, dunno why.

Secondly, when we got our flu shot over two weeks ago, the nursing sister and the vaccine package insert advised a 28 day time gap between the flu injection and any Covid inoculation. This was apparently for safety reasons as the administration of two vaccines too close together, might increase the risk of allergies and side effects. These were not specified and I cannot find any authoritative information on this topic. It does make sense though that vaccination "cocktails'' may carry increased risk.

My advice is those wanting the Flu vaccine go ahead and receive it as soon as possible (the sooner the better) because it will be a number of weeks before any of us 60s and over receive our Covid inoculation in any case.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    Even when vaccinated we are still going to have to be very careful. The vaccines are not 100% effective.
    People tend to forget this.
    Not 100% effective in preventing one from contracting COVID-19, but all three the vaccines, J&J, Pfizer and Moderna, completely prevented hospitalisations and deaths in clinical trials....

Good enough for me at this stage...

Quote Originally Posted by natand View Post
    Somebody was complaining the forum is boring so lets liven it up a bit. What is so special about over 60's?

Surely it makes more sense to jab the 30-50 year olds first since they are more likely to be economically active and have young children to look after? What's the point of a 70 or 80 year old likely to die of something in the near future anyway, getting the jab ahead of a 30 - 50 year old person.

TIC
    Simple enough, while you are busy still paying for that stupid car and ridiculous mortgage on your overpriced little house on the hillside, we are busy spending money on all the stuff that rakes in huge taxes for the Gov.

Booze, smokes , luxury items and fuel for our month long trips into the bush. So, stuff you Gov knows where it's bread is buttered.

TIC
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Trying to register my parents, under step 4 where you have to choose where you live I pick Gauteng, City of Tshwane and then the next closest I can find is Centurion. On many systems things still fall under Centurion for them even though the suburb is Rietvallei park right next to Elardus park. The next step, under Centurion I can't find anything close, not Rietvallei park, Elardus Park, not even Wingate or Moreleta.

Any advice? As far as I know this is actually the important bit, to say in which area you live.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    ..Any advice? As far as I know this is actually the important bit, to say in which area you live.
    I have not done the registration yet, so this is a shot in the dark: can you search on postal code for your area? Or type it in? It sometimes happen that I cannot find my areas name in drop downs for deliveries, but when I try the postal code the area comes up.

But....if you cannot find an area in a city, hoe de koekies will I find my mom's small Freestate dorpie.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Trying to register my parents, under step 4 where you have to choose where you live I pick Gauteng, City of Tshwane and then the next closest I can find is Centurion. On many systems things still fall under Centurion for them even though the suburb is Rietvallei park right next to Elardus park. The next step, under Centurion I can't find anything close, not Rietvallei park, Elardus Park, not even Wingate or Moreleta.

Any advice? As far as I know this is actually the important bit, to say in which area you live.
    They are probably listing places where they will have vaccination stations, or maybe vaccine distribution points, so they know how much and where.

If there was an option to enter your address, that doesn’t mean they will come to your door.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    I have not done the registration yet, so this is a shot in the dark: can you search on postal code for your area? Or type it in? It sometimes happen that I cannot find my areas name in drop downs for deliveries, but when I try the postal code the area comes up.

But....if you cannot find an area in a city, hoe de koekies will I find my mom's small Freestate dorpie.
    No place to enter postal code.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

dont - just DON'T
    Merit before Race - anything else IS Racism.
    Stay Calm, engage low-ratio, keep buggering on - a Landy Man
    Longevity isn't worth dying for,

Home address is optional on registration so you can put detailed address there. Does it help I do not know.

At the cottage we have older permanent people. They should go for the jab but we have no postal code, no proper address... In those cases I would give address for the nearest village that is on the list or if there is government clinic try to use that.

P.S. I do not have a house anymore so I am considering moving my residency to the cottage including car registration. They can try to deliver fines and summonses

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post

Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    They are probably listing places where they will have vaccination stations, or maybe vaccine distribution points, so they know how much and where.

If there was an option to enter your address, that doesn’t mean they will come to your door.

They themselves don't yet know where they'll have stations.
    There's a Clicks 800m away, a Dischem around 2 km, a couple other pharmacies and doctors in the area, all those will potentially be stations.
    Heck I can't even find the suburb of the closest hospital (Pretoria East) listed on that system. I'll try again tonight with different browsers, maybe even a VPN.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

19. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

They themselves don't yet know where they'll have stations.
    There's a Clicks 800m away, a Dischem around 2 km, .
    Thing is that local pharmacies will not be able to do large numbers of vaccinations. After receiving the vaccine, the person needs to be observed for 15 minutes at the vaccination location for immediate side effects (guess anaphylaxis) before he may leave. So I estimate it takes on average 20 minutes per person. Local pharmacies does not have the space to have 10 or 20 people sit for 15 minutes after the vaccination.

At Steve Biko, a large hall with a clock is used where everyone sits after their vaccine. I suspect they will identify places like school halls, church venues, maybe parking terrains of hospitals and churches. I think the idea of the registration is to a) get a more accurate idea of quantity of vaccine doses needed b) determine how many people in for instance Moreletta park wants a vaccine and then identify a venue in Moreletta park where vaccination stations can be set up.

Point B makes it really odd that one cannot select your area more accurately.

But then I am speculating and I am certain to be corrected soon.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Merit before Race - anything else IS Racism.
    Stay Calm, engage low-ratio, keep buggering on - a Landy Man
    Longevity isn't worth dying for,

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Weakley View Post
    Yes, this is an interesting point Peter about the Flu vaccine. Firstly and not surprisingly there has been a national shortage of the Flu vaccine, dunno why.

Secondly, when we got our flu shot over two weeks ago, the nursing sister and the vaccine package insert advised a 28 day time gap between the flu injection and any Covid inoculation. This was apparently for safety reasons as the administration of two vaccines too close together, might increase the risk of allergies and side effects. These were not specified and I cannot find any authoritative information on this topic. It does make sense though that vaccination "cocktails'' may carry increased risk.

My advice is those wanting the Flu vaccine go ahead and receive it as soon as possible (the sooner the better) because it will be a number of weeks before any of us 60s and over receive our Covid inoculation in any case.
    Thanks for this Stan.
    We had ours done earlier today - no problem with supply. (The normal Flu shot).
    Fully paid by medaid.
    A bit concerning about the possible allergy risk with Erica's situation and history, however i think you are referring to the Covid jab being accepted too soon after the normal Flu shot, if I understand correctly.

So, we will play it safe and use your 28 day guideline - Just in case.
    Last year I also had the Pneumococcal pneumonia shot which medical aid refused to pay but I am glad that I did given my breathing issues as they are.
    I am hoping that will assist should I get Covid. (Eish).

We have both been having both the viral and bacterial vaccines every year for the last few years (In case of the bacterial one I think it is every 3 years, or maybe every 5 - can't recall).

Erica gad a mild flu which lasted a few weeks a yaer or two back.
    I have had none at all in the last three years, only the odd very mild "cold".

So to the anti-vaxers ... Mmmmm ?
    Peter Hutchison

Instead of hijacking this thread, rather start your own on why not to vaccinate. Stay on topic.
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Please summarise for us?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast