Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Vaccine - 60 and over registration now open

https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/#/

Easy registration just your ID Name and Address and Medical Aid number if you have one.

And where you would like to be jabbed and when - weekend/during the week afternoon or morning.

They send an SMS within 24 hours to confirm.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Paul Dold For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Vaccine - 60 and over registration now open

There is mixed information on this. Some say that the site before 16:00 is "demo". Some say it is live.

Site is buggy. At least on our 3G connection. In several places I had to go back one step and again forward to be able to enter detail/select detail. I could not enter our area. SWAMBO was able. Roodepoort is not under West Rand. It is under Johannesburg. Confusing as common talk says West Rand but officially it is part of one of the 4 JHB areas. You may find something similar in other cases.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

They asked that people only try after 16:00 this afternoon, for now the system is still in testing mode, however if you did already register and it went threw then you are good to go.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

Quote Originally Posted by bigboy529 View Post
    They asked that people only try after 16:00 this afternoon, for now the system is still in testing mode, however if you did already register and it went threw then you are good to go.
    Seems to work.

Yes, I heard on the radio that Dr Mkhize said that the site will only be live after 16h00.

He also requested that we should register family members who do not have smartphones or internet access. Private patients must also register. I will try and get my mom up later this weekend.
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/04/16 at 12:56 PM.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Worked well for me!
    I was impressed.
    Easy to do and legible for those with less than immaculate eyesight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Paul Dold; 2021/04/16 at 12:59 PM.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Paul Dold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Yes, I heard on the radio that Dr Mkhize said that the site will only be live after 16h00.

He also requested that we should register family members who do not have smartphones or internet access. Private patients must also register. I will try and get my mom up later this weekend.

I already got my grandmother up, but will do my mother and father later.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Now let's hope the vaccine arrives!

South Africa now has a draft plan for how to legally and financially deal with any bad complications that arise from Covid-19 vaccines – but only in very broad terms.
    Co-operative governance and traditional affairs minister Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma on Friday published the framework for Covid-19 Vaccine Injury No-Fault Compensation Scheme, and the associated Covid-19 Vaccine Injury Compensation Fund.
    The scheme will be responsible for handling claims of injury from vaccines for the coronavirus, and the fund will pay out money due for such injuries. That is supposed to ring-fence the process financially, while making for smoother and faster administration than if claims had to go through the legal system, as is necessary for typical medical negligence claims.

Most importantly from the perspective of the pharmaceutical companies that demanded it, the scheme protects them, in absolute terms, from facing claims if their vaccines harm or kill South Africans.

But many important questions about the scheme remain unanswered, including how much money it will have, and who will actually run it.

Here's what we (mostly don't) know about how the Covid-19 Vaccine Injury No-Fault Compensation Scheme will work.
    How much money is involved, in total

Claimants will still be able to go to court if they are ultimately unsatisfied, but the special compensation fund is supposed to represent the vast majority of taxpayer money that will be put at risk if something goes wrong with vaccination.
    There is no indication of how much money the scheme will have access to, though, only that it will get money via an appropriation from Parliament.
    The emphasis on its importance suggests it will have to be well funded.
    “The Scheme is an essential part of the Covid-19 vaccination roll-out, which is the most critical component of the national plan and response to alleviate, contain and minimise the effects of the disaster, and ultimately to end the State of National Disaster,” read the draft rules.
    Who is in charge

The Scheme is set up “under the auspices of the National Department of Health”, and that department is also responsible for its administration. But the minister of health must consult with the minister of finance about which institution will run its finances – and also about which institution runs its administration.

On top of that involvement, the minister of finance can issue directions on “the requirements relating to the financial management and oversight of the Scheme and the Fund.”

Likewise, the rules on how to report vaccine injuries, and everything else to do with the running of the system, will come from the health portfolio – in consultation with the minister of finance.

Claims will be adjudicated by a panel, with an appeals panel above that. Each of the panel members “must have suitably qualified medical and any other relevant experts”, which will be appointed by the minister of health.

In one more complication, the scheme must also get a governance and oversight committee, “headed by a retired judge, and comprised of medical, actuarial, legal and any other relevant experts”, to oversee it. That committee will be appointed by the minister of health, with no need for input from any other person or institution.

What the actual rules around claims will be – including how much claimants will be paid

Though the draft plan sketches out the structure of the compensation scheme, all the actual rules for payment must still be created.
    The ministers of health and finance must write those rules, which will cover exactly who may claim, for what, how, and when.

They must also determine how much will be be paid.

We do know – roughly – who will be covered for what...

To be eligible for compensation will require three things:

• the use of an approved vaccine
    • bought and distributed by the national (not a provincial) government
    • which is administered at a facility on a list compiled by the government – though not necessarily a government facility.

Coverage is supposed to be for “severe injuries” which causes

• “permanent or significant injury”, or
    • “serious harm to a person’s health”, or
    • death, or
    • “other damage”

as long as the scheme’s panel of experts agrees such injuries were caused by the vaccine.
    ... and who will definitely not have to pay if something goes wrong.

While there is much uncertainty about the working of the scheme, the protection offered to vaccine makers, and those who administer it, is clear.
    Anyone who makes a claim of injury may do so only against the state, the regulations say, not any company, individual, or facility involved in the process. - Businessinsider
    Last edited by Paul Dold; 2021/04/16 at 01:08 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Dold For This Useful Post:

Gordons Bay as a base - travelling Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dold View Post
    https://vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/#/

Easy registration just your ID Name and Address and Medical Aid number if you have one.

And where you would like to be jabbed and when - weekend/during the week afternoon or morning.

They send an SMS within 24 hours to confirm.

Does anyone know what vaccine they're using

Works well, I registered.
    You help where you can, when it is needed. You only give advice when it is asked for!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Steady For This Useful Post:

I believe this is possibly a test site, and that you may have to register again after 16:00 this afternoon. Please check, otherwise you may THINK you're registered but you're not...
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

Something. All of them work and for older people possible blood cloth risk is about non existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Southerndreams View Post
    Does anyone know what vaccine they're using
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart

Somebody was complaining the forum is boring so lets liven it up a bit. What is so special about over 60's?

Surely it makes more sense to jab the 30-50 year olds first since they are more likely to be economically active and have young children to look after? What's the point of a 70 or 80 year old likely to die of something in the near future anyway, getting the jab ahead of a 30 - 50 year old person.

TIC

I'm off to get popcorn...
    Rob Kirk

Amarok V6.
    Sym 200 scooter 2 x 1, CVT transmission, 4V OHC, 11.4 kW, 15NM
    0-60km/h in about 10s (downhill), Top speed - 100km/h (on a steeper downhill)
    Ground clearance : 125mm on 16-inch rims
    Tare : 134kg, GVM : 250kg (approx), GCM : 250kg (approx), Towing capacity : 0kg
    Best of all : 4L/100km, town driving and pinning it...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ama-newbie For This Useful Post:

I know only one country that is vaccinating the working population first.

High number of dead is no good for politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by natand View Post
    Somebody was complaining the forum is boring so lets liven it up a bit. What is so special about over 60's?

Surely it makes more sense to jab the 30-50 year olds first since they are more likely to be economically active and have young children to look after? What's the point of a 70 or 80 year old likely to die of something in the near future anyway, getting the jab ahead of a 30 - 50 year old person.

TIC
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart

Quote Originally Posted by natand View Post

TIC
    Benoni bedonnerd wees nie. Ek ken baie inactive and lazy <60’s wat net erfgeld wil ontvang as ons ou mense vroer sal sterf. ��
    Last edited by TRON; 2021/04/16 at 02:26 PM.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ama-newbie View Post
    I believe this is possibly a test site, and that you may have to register again after 16:00 this afternoon. Please check, otherwise you may THINK you're registered but you're not...
    Well, confirmation will come in the form of an SMS. If you don't get one this evening or during the course of tomorrow, then it probably dropped your registration.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

Thanks for the link I registered today waiting for the SMS
    Pajero 3.2 DID Gen 4 Standard for now
    Platcar Alfa Giulietta 1.4 MA
    Swambo Volvo S40 T5

My wife and I registered and we appreciate the opportunity. One concern; it does not allow for the possibility that one may be at a different place to the designated address when one's turn comes. We shall often be travelling inside the country during the next year. If we miss our turn, will we go back to the start of the queue?

Discovery just sent notice that they will have their own portal where you also register. Members have to register on the one opened today and next week Discovery will sent info about the registration on their portal. Just make sure your e mail address at Discovery is upto date.

I suspect other medical aids will have something similar.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jouko For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast