Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Vaccine - 60 and over registration now open

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Chaos View Post
    dont - just DON'T
    What a storm in a freaking teacup for a vaccine which is not compulsory!

Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator_01 View Post
    Please summarise for us?
    Vit D and Ivermectin are the solution.
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    Thing is that local pharmacies will not be able to do large numbers of vaccinations. After receiving the vaccine, the person needs to be observed for 15 minutes at the vaccination location for immediate side effects (guess anaphylaxis) before he may leave. So I estimate it takes on average 20 minutes per person. Local pharmacies does not have the space to have 10 or 20 people sit for 15 minutes after the vaccination.

At Steve Biko, a large hall with a clock is used where everyone sits after their vaccine. I suspect they will identify places like school halls, church venues, maybe parking terrains of hospitals and churches. I think the idea of the registration is to a) get a more accurate idea of quantity of vaccine doses needed b) determine how many people in for instance Moreletta park wants a vaccine and then identify a venue in Moreletta park where vaccination stations can be set up.

Point B makes it really odd that one cannot select your area more accurately.

But then I am speculating and I am certain to be corrected soon.
    This concerning.
    SWAMBO is VERY prone to anaphylaxis due to her conditions and allergies.
    First time I have heard of the Covid vaccine being a possible trigger for this ?
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Ok thanks...Tinfoil hat brigade...Almost wasted 30 plus minutes of my life there....

No vaccine for stupidity...fitting....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    This concerning.
    First time I have heard of the Covid vaccine being a possible trigger for this ?
    It is not just the COVID vaccine. Many, if not most, vaccines can result in anaphylaxis.
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/04/20 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Registered an hour ago.
    Confirmation received within 10 min.
    Drik Hoskin

Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4
    RAV4 VX
    Armadillo Shack caravan
    Silverback Sesta Comp 29er

PROVIDED that you are not highly allergic to Vit D and therefore sunlight.
    Peter Hutchison
    Answering the call of the wild is just so much beter than answering the telephone.
    [B][SIZE=2][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=2][B]ISUZU KB 280 DT LE
    Modified Glider Hunter trailer fitted with RTT.
    Platkar = Chevy Spark 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Peter1949 View Post
    This concerning.
    Peter, I really would not worry too much about anaphylaxis here. As said all vaccines and huge numbers of commonly taken medications and medical treatments can result in anaphylaxis. This includes things like bee stings. Those truly highly susceptible to anaphylaxis would usually have been issued with an Epipen by their doctors, for emergency injection for anaphylactic collapse and shock.

I think you have grabbed the slightly wrong end of the stick here, don't worry.
    Stanley Weakley.
    Toyota Landcruiser 76SW 4,2L diesel.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...-6-SLOW-DONKEY
    OR
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

Quote Originally Posted by Drik View Post
    Registered an hour ago.
    Confirmation received within 10 min.
    +1 (and Swambo)
    Johan Swanepoel

"Nkabe ke ngwana wa morago"

Ok all sorted, turns out it's a browser problem, Safari on Mac worked just fine and so does Chrome. Very weird that it doesn't show all suburbs if using MS Edge, must be a bug.

Yes I think they'll opt for places with open space to use as holding areas rather than small pharmacies, school halls, churches etc. maybe even tents in shopping center parking lots if the center will allow. Here's hoping we actually get the promised vaccines in time and that they allow the private sector to run with it.

For myself I'm bargaining on this time next year.
    "The problems we have today is because the guys who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." - Magnus Heystek

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bigboy529 For This Useful Post:

Bruce I honestly wish it was that easy. Below is a post of a very good friend of mine in January.

"Dit is dag 7 van my Covid 19 proses. Ek het regtig swaar gekry maak geen fout nie. Teen gisteroggend was my koors gereeld 37.5 en eenkeer 38.1. Ek het erge lyfseer en hoofpyn op konstante basis gehad. Ek het gister 15h00 my eerste dosis Ivermectin geneem ( saam met die ander meds wat die dr voorgeskryf het.) Vandag dosis 2 en more die laaste. My koors het stelselmatig geval tot 36.0 en ek voel oor die algemeen baie beter - binne 24 uur! My hoesbuie is ook minder. Kom ons kyk more na die 3e dosis."

Three days later he was dead, probably had nothing to do with the Ivermectin other than it made him feel better regardless of how bad he really was.
    This is serious take as much care as possible, the vaccine will not make you grow boobs so take it, your friends and family don't need a dead Rambo. I will be doing so not because I am afraid of dying but I have family and grand children that can do with me being around
    Last edited by hbannink; 2021/04/21 at 12:06 AM.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

For some who may be interested, perhaps Peter.

In SOuth Africa, 288 000 healthcare workers vaccinated so far with J and J/Janssen vaccine.
    2,1% reported any adverse event, of which 42% were minor local reactions to the injection ,eg pain, redness or some swelling. 80% of the reports (ie 1.7% of people vaccinated) related to minor systemic reactions eg heache/aches, mild fever.
    There was one case of anaphylaxis reported in South Africa, giving a study rate of 0.3 per 100 000.
    2 cases of blood clots, 0.001% reported. Looking at the data, neither of these represent the severe clotting disorder much talked about, and both are likely coincidental occurrences.
    Of all reported adverse events, 50 (from 288 000 patients) were considered serious, though this of course does not imply vaccine causality: if I look through the list some are clearly not vaccine related!

A total of 46 of the 288 000 patients have contracted covid, but only 17 of these were at least 14 days after the injection (ie breakthrough infection by definition). Only 3 COVID infections have occurred 28 days or more after vaccination.
    Of the 288 000 HCW's vaccinated, there have been 7 deaths post vaccination. None of these were vaccine related, and three were from covid contracted within a week of the vaccine administration.

Note: all above is SA usage of J and J vaccine.
    From the published paper I received.

Open label single arm phase 3B implementatinon study, cumulative safety SUmmary Report 12 March to 12 APril 2021, Glenda Gray, Linda-Gail Bekker, Ameena Goga and Nigel Garrett.

Conclusion: I and all my staff have been vaccinated and are delighted that we did.

PS: severe thrombosis I think around 9 cases in 11 million vaccinees or similar in US< seems perhaps to be a major concern if young female who has received certain anticoagulants recently......

Hope this helps some sitting on the fence.

D

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IanK For This Useful Post:

Ian, I'm one of the fence sitters. I read, I digest, I doubt, I vacillate.

Nevertheless, I registered. Got the sms within an hour.

I also think it might be some time before all concerned get their ducks in a row, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
    Ettienne de Kock

"ASK YOURSELF HOW OLD YOU'D BE IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE DATE YOU WERE BORN" - Toby Keith

1998 Disco Tdi
    1959 SII 88"
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    197? RRC
    AND SWAMBO's Unmentionable Abomination

SWAMBO did get her e mail for Discovery portal. Interestingly she was able to register me at the same time. She is a bit older and earlier in alphabet. One of these resulted her getting an e mail earlier. Easy to fill in. Just answer all questions YES or NO to allow registration.

Discovery has 3 groupings: Over 70, 60 to 69 and below 60. Expected start 17th of May.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Does any one else see the irony that the registration is online and that majority of over 60ties in SA don't have access to internet ?

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Those who are on Discovery or have registered somebody else and is over 60 can go to Discovery site and register into their system. There is a link on the main page. No need to wait e mail. With one logging all members on the same plan that are over 60 can be registered. Just look for a link "Who else you wish to register"

Discovery splits over 60 people to 3 groups based on the age but they also ask if there are know issues.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

I got my Discovery email today >> We both have Nos so we can follow our progress up the line on the Portal >> my Wife''s no is totally different to mine I guess because she is Priority over me as she has Health concerns Also I am in the 70 plus age group and she is in the 60-69 group by a long way below me>>So glad a bit of light at the end of the Tunnel as we have booked in Kruger from end Aug and must be done by then. Discovery are doing/organising ours so will be MUCH faster and more diversified with suitable multi nearby locations than what the Health care workers had being organised by the Govt Health Dept
    Last edited by Peter Betts; 2021/05/01 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    Those who are on Discovery or have registered somebody else and is over 60 can go to Discovery site and register into their system. There is a link on the main page..
    Did that on behalf of my mom yesterday. Easy process as is the registration on government portal. Received confirmation sms's from both.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

Registered and received the SMS within 3min. Easy process.
    Toyota Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8 "Matchbox". Toyota Hi-Lux D4D 4x4 "Willebees" (My daily drive). Afrispoor Cheetah 2-Sleeper Easy Camper. Hyundai i20 1.6 (SWAMBO's daily drive).

I registered and received confirmation but the vaccine? I will believe it when I see it; whenever that might be.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast