Default Classified Section

I did do a search but nothing came up on this issue. I know it has been discussed before.

My pet hate regards the classifieds, not all info given so one has to email or contact the seller and it is just a waste of time, as most times the person (usually with less than 6-10 posts) never gets back to you.

Take todays listings. Toyota bakkie, no year model and no mileage. These should be one of the standard requirements for posting on the Classifieds.

Another thing, I was under the impression that the Classifieds were for private sales, no commercial members. Yet today theres a very nice Range Rover for sale and the comment of "trade in accepted" caught my eye. Dirk maybe you need to have a look at that.

Please people, if you selling, just include at the very least, full model description, petrol or diesel if its not obvious, year model, 4x2 or 4x4 if not obvious and probably most importantly, the vehicles mileage.

Thank you/Dankie/Ngiyabonga
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

Default Re: Classified Section

It doesn't bother me. If I see a add with hardly any info, I skip it.
    2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2.5dCI 4x4
    2013 Nissan Xtrail 2.0dCi XE 2x4

If I may chime in, on another pet peeve..
    Trailers.. Whether they are general utility trailers, or campers, etc, GVM is, in most cases a critical factor.
    Anyone without an EB license is limited to 750kg. If you are looking for a potential buyer, you may be missing out by neglecting this fact!

And yes, to echo Caracal's point, a LOT of "private sale" vehicles offering finance and/or trade-in's.. I'm not saying it's impossible, just not likely at the current ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    I did do a search but nothing came up on this issue. I know it has been discussed before.

My pet hate regards the classifieds, not all info given so one has to email or contact the seller and it is just a waste of time, as most times the person (usually with less than 6-10 posts) never gets back to you.

Take todays listings. Toyota bakkie, no year model and no mileage. These should be one of the standard requirements for posting on the Classifieds.

Another thing, I was under the impression that the Classifieds were for private sales, no commercial members. Yet today theres a very nice Range Rover for sale and the comment of "trade in accepted" caught my eye. Dirk maybe you need to have a look at that.

Please people, if you selling, just include at the very least, full model description, petrol or diesel if its not obvious, year model, 4x2 or 4x4 if not obvious and probably most importantly, the vehicles mileage.

I had a long post on this topic not so long ago. Fully agree with you.

PS. The mileage of the Hilux is on the one photo of the wheel alignment results.
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post

Hi there. Are you referring to the 2013 White Hilux?
    I totally agree that an ad must have enough information for the reader to get interested, with all the important info visible.
    I just don't see anything wrong with the Hilux ad. Everything is on there and on the pics supplied.
    Some people have friends in the motor industry who assist with finance. Some dealerships is in need of used stock, so will gladly assist with the private finance in order to get the trade-in stock for their floor.
    But yes, I agree, Ads should be informative.
    Stefan

2018 Toyota Hilux V6 auto 4X4 double cab with a few extra's
    2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4
    2019 BMW X1 M-Sport 2.0D (Swambo platkar)
    2018 Toyota Etios Sprint (daily platkar drive)
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto 4X4 double cab - sold
    2016 Volvo V40 D4 Geartronic - sold
    2008 Gypsey Gold Caravan - sold

Ek verpes dit ook as die add so onvoledig is nee man sit meer inligting in op add dit sal help dat jy jou kae , bakkie , caravan wat ook al gouer gaan verkoop

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Superman View Post
    Hi there. Are you referring to the 2013 White Hilux?
    I totally agree that an ad must have enough information for the reader to get interested, with all the important info visible.
    I just don't see anything wrong with the Hilux ad. Everything is on there and on the pics supplied.
    Some people have friends in the motor industry who assist with finance. Some dealerships is in need of used stock, so will gladly assist with the private finance in order to get the trade-in stock for their floor.
    But yes, I agree, Ads should be informative.
    Yes that one.

I see the year model is now added.

The mileage is on the dekra report but why not just put it in the ad? Take less than 2 seconds to type it out. Maybe the dekra report dude wrote down the incorrect mileage. It happens hey.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

Totally agree about the lack of info on some adds. The Ranger I assume is 3.2 but I can't make it out on the photo. Maybe he doesn't really want to sell.

Year, make, model, engine size, fuel type, trim level, odo, gearbox, drive is the bare minimum.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

On that note...
    Did anyone see the stunningly awesome beautiful V6 Hilux Auto 4x4 doublecab for sale? All the info is on the ad and such a stunning bakkie
    Stefan

2018 Toyota Hilux V6 auto 4X4 double cab with a few extra's
    2019 Bush Lapa Ratel 4
    2019 BMW X1 M-Sport 2.0D (Swambo platkar)
    2018 Toyota Etios Sprint (daily platkar drive)
    2017 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto 4X4 double cab - sold
    2016 Volvo V40 D4 Geartronic - sold
    2008 Gypsey Gold Caravan - sold