Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default A tale of misplaced trust

"Love all, trust few, do wrong to none" is the famous phrase from William Shakespeare's 1623 play "All's well that end well".

And friends, this is one of the great truths out there.

What follows hereafter is a tale of deceit, a tale of desperation and a tale of misplaced trust.

There once was a business, a business not solely driven by profit but there to provide an important service to a desperate community.

In comes a person, applying for any position, applying out of dire need to feed her hungry and to make amends of what is conceivably a broken home. Neither is she qualified nor does she have sufficient experience for the only position available, but alas, the hopelessness consumes the employer's heart.

This employee is appointed, not with the greatest salary of all time, but with conditions and benefits aimed to stop the gap of the ever expanding costs of raising children, for this employee would be entitled to have her children schooled for free and with two square meals a day. This, in a wholly private institution aimed to achieve a high performance development of its students, both physically and mentally.

And so it begins, the seeds of trust are sown. This business takes the moral decision to develop this employee's skills, at no cost to her, trying to give her the necessary tools to go forward in life. Three strides forward, one stride back is the theme of this employment relationship. The one step backwards is expected and planned for, because the foundations of home is cracked and brittle. Patience is a virtue that grinds teeth dull, but is a fundamental cornerstone of trust.

She excels. Her children starts to bloom. The excitement of going to school and to their new found friends starts to outshines the darkness at home - an evil slain and almost forgotten.

Behold this tree. Behold it's beauty. It's evergreen. Almost.

And then the leaves start to fall. One by one it swirls down to the soil. A soil at its barren infancy but expanding exponentially. Winter has met this tree, more than once before, but this Winter is different. There is a foulness to it and the stench of decaying truth is ever noticeable. But patience is a virtue that grinds teeth dull...

And then the blizzard hits. Gayle force winds consumed all of the leaves and none was spared. The continuous lies and excuses axed away at the trunk, slowly but surely, one thud after the other.

And then stock started to disappear. The trunk grew hollow. The tree stood no chance.

So the tree fell. And it felled to a silent thud, eerily carried by an empty echo.

Dishonourably discarded with the rest of the stumps in the darkness of the void.

For the moral of this tale is: the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. Some people just cannot exist outside of their own demise, no matter what the consequences entail.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Last edited by MANDREAS; 2021/04/13 at 11:41 AM.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Default Re: A tale of misplaced trust

I see we're deep today, Willem... :|
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    I see we're deep today, Willem... :|
    Ek is 'n diep bliksem - unbeknownst to most.

Long story short - a person stole and lied, then tried to get others to lie for her.

I am sad because of her children, knowing what they went through in their life, and their mom's actions will probably give them no chance in their life going forward.

I am truly saddened by this.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    "Love all, trust few, do wrong to none" is the famous phrase from William Shakespeare's 1623 play "All's well that end well".

And friends, this is one of the great truths out there.

What follows hereafter is a tale of deceit, a tale of desperation and a tale of misplaced trust.

There once was a business, a business not solely driven by profit but there to provide an important service to a desperate community.

In comes a person, applying for any position, applying out of dire need to feed her hungry and to make amends of what is conceivably a broken home. Neither is she qualified nor does she have sufficient experience for the only position available, but alas, the hopelessness consumes the employer's heart.

This employee is appointed, not with the greatest salary of all time, but with conditions and benefits aimed to stop the gap of the ever expanding costs of raising children, for this employee would be entitled to have her children schooled for free and with two square meals a day. This, in a wholly private institution aimed to achieve a high performance development of its students, both physically and mentally.

And so it begins, the seeds of trust are sown. This business takes the moral decision to develop this employee's skills, at no cost to her, trying to give her the necessary tools to go forward in life. Three strides forward, one stride back is the theme of this employment relationship. The one step backwards is expected and planned for, because the foundations of home is cracked and brittle. Patience is a virtue that grinds teeth dull, but is a fundamental cornerstone of trust.

She excels. Her children starts to bloom. The excitement of going to school and to their new found friends starts to outshines the darkness at home - an evil slain and almost forgotten.

Behold this tree. Behold it's beauty. It's evergreen. Almost.

And then the leaves start to fall. One by one it swirls down to the soil. A soil at its barren infancy but expanding exponentially. Winter has met this tree, more than once before, but this Winter is different. There is a foulness to it and the stench of decaying truth is ever noticeable. But patience is a virtue that grinds teeth dull...

And then the blizzard hits. Gayle force winds consumed all of the leaves and none was spared. The continuous lies and excuses axed away at the trunk, slowly but surely, one thud after the other.

And then stock started to disappear. The trunk grew hollow. The tree stood no chance.

So the tree fell. And it felled to a silent thud, eerily carried by an empty echo.

Dishonourably discarded with the rest of the stumps in the darkness of the void.

For the moral of this tale is: the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. Some people just cannot exist outside of their own demise, no matter what the consequences entail.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Very eloquent sir - and a sad story as well. Do not bite the hand that feeds you.
    Last edited by heyyahhey; 2021/04/13 at 11:47 AM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

A used Pajero or new Amarok would have prevented everything bad.

A WK, XJ and a Ducati...

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rainier Vermaak For This Useful Post:

That was a very well written tale but unfortunately, it is neither new nor is it the last we will hear such a tale.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chopped For This Useful Post:

Ek is 'n diep bliksem - unbeknownst to most.

Long story short - a person stole and lied, then tried to get others to lie for her.

I am sad because of her children, knowing what they went through in their life, and their mom's actions will probably give them no chance in their life going forward.

I am truly saddened by this.
    I gathered the gist of the story. Unbeknownst to most, I am partially literate.

Sad story.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

13. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped View Post
    That was a very well written tale but unfortunately, it is neither new nor is it the last we will hear such a tale.
    Thank you.

And you are correct - there are a million tales like it.

I wish I could understand what drives a person to fall back on their old ways, even in the wake of stability.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

almost sounds like an experiment gone wrong.

It almost begs the question whether our individual fates are pre determined and any attempts to correct a path is futile.

referring to the self destructing personality types. Its almost like if they are not self destruction they don't feel alive.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    referring to the self destructing personality types. Its almost like if they are not self destruction they don't feel alive.
    This is definitely true. It's one of the reasons I want to start letting off steam by joining the Bluff Yacht Club...
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    This is definitely true. It's one of the reasons I want to start letting off steam by joining the Bluff Yacht Club...
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

There is a lady, once an employee of mine, who stole money and committed fraud. We pressed charges, she was convicted, but managed to avoid jail.

She now represents a local charity and very prominent on social media and in the community.

I've stopped short of calling her out in public or on said social media, but will forever have my suspicions about where the funds / goods that are donated end up.

Similarly, there is another lady, also a former employee who committed fraud, scammed various people and stole money. We pressed charges, as did her previous employer, she was convicted and spent time in Sun City. Guess who pops up on social media running a charity?

I'm all for giving second (or third etc) chances, but can't reconcile how they end up in a position where they can so easily commit the same crimes again. Does a Leopard ever really change its spots?

...I didn't employ either of them myself, but had to sort out the mess they caused.
    Erin Bosch (082 342 1909)
    4xfagger no. GP0048

2007 Volkswagen T5 4Motion

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Imvubu For This Useful Post:

It almost begs the question whether our individual fates are pre determined and any attempts to correct a path is futile.

It may be the case.

Or that they fear stability and responsibility to such an extent that they resort to their old ways. Rather the devil you know...
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

For the moral of this tale is: the trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool.
    And so the spirit of human kind is eroded. Little by little.

What was once a goodwilled, trusting person, will became desensitized to the plight of people that are legitimately destitute. The real sufferers.
    2007 Nissan Pathfinder LE 2.5dCI 4x4
    2013 Nissan Xtrail 2.0dCi XE 2x4

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:

I wish I could understand what drives a person to fall back on their old ways, even in the wake of stability.
    Epigenetics
    Triton 3.2 Auto 4x4

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Die Uwe For This Useful Post:

Tony Leon, is it you?
    Stephan G

4x4: 2018 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq 4x4 DC
    Platkar: 2019 Suzuki Baleno GLX

"All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Groenman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Die Uwe View Post
    Epigenetics
    I have seen people attaining emotional, financial and psychological success from the most dire of personal circumstances.

Perhaps some are more strong willed than others
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    Tony Leon, is it you?
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

Went through a face numbing realization last year that an employee of ours was actually spying for another person with whom we had business/side project. It turned out that the person (business "partner") defrauded us to a large extent but that it would involve him paying someone inside our offices to spy for him, cover for him and supply him with information was things I thought only happened in movies.
    Last edited by New; 2021/04/13 at 12:20 PM.
    Sarel
    "Grent" Vitara
    EX- EL JIMBO - RED AND "FAST" 8)

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to New For This Useful Post:

Thank you.

And you are correct - there are a million tales like it.

Leopard. Spots. You know the story.
    Jaco Nell

33. The Following User Says Thank You to jaconell For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast