Default Covid test IN Botswana

I need advice.Wil enter Botswana at Buitepos with a Covid certificate from Namibia.Enter Kgalagadi at Mabuasehube and on to Nossob.We shall exit the park again at Mabua and return to Namibia via Buitepos.
    Now the question is WHERE do we get tested for Covid after spending a week in Kgalagadi.So far info is a private doctor in Ghanzi at a cost of 1200 Pula.Any other suggestions?
    Swakopmunder

Default Re: Covid test IN Botswana

Quote Originally Posted by basie oosthuizen View Post
    I need advice.Wil enter Botswana at Buitepos with a Covid certificate from Namibia.Enter Kgalagadi at Mabuasehube and on to Nossob.We shall exit the park again at Mabua and return to Namibia via Buitepos.
    Now the question is WHERE do we get tested for Covid after spending a week in Kgalagadi.So far info is a private doctor in Ghanzi at a cost of 1200 Pula.Any other suggestions?
    We're heading to Bots in late May, we have these guys as our test providers on exit. Seems to have Bots pretty well covered.

http://diagnofirm.co.bw/about-us/contact-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    We're heading to Bots in late May, we have these guys as our test providers on exit. Seems to have Bots pretty well covered.

The way to go.
    Walter Rene Gygax
    Kalahari Safari
    ORRA Call:‚Äč‚Äč WB58 | ICASA ZRF430
    Nissan Patrol GU TB45
    | Nissan Safari GU TD42 | B'rakah 4x4 Trailer
    E34 - 535i for a bit of nostalgia
    E39 - 540i for the open roads

Had the test done last Thursday by Diagnapharm. P850 per person, throat and nose. Results next day around 11:30.
    They have a lab in Ghanzi.
    In Dog Beers, I've only had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Larold View Post
    Had the test done last Thursday by Diagnapharm. P850 per person, throat and nose. Results next day around 11:30.
    Thanks all.Got feedback from the guys in Ghanzi.
    This beats driving from Swakopmund all the way down to Upington to enter at Tweerivieren. So via Botswana to Kgalagadi it will be.
    Swakopmunder

We will departing on a Friday from Baines Camp in the Nxai to Namibia. Already booked some time back. Results from Diagnofirm takes 24 hours. That means we will need to go to Maun maybe on the Thursday, then go back to Nxai, or stay over in Maun and depart from there on Friday?

Or is there another way at the border maybe?. Seems on Nam side one can do the rapid test.

Still early days we are going only during Sept.
    Johan Kriel

I need to check whether we can have the test in Maun and fetch the results in Ghanzi the next day, even Lobatse the next. Spending a night in Maun on the way home wasn't in the plan.

I need to check whether we can have the test in Maun and fetch the results in Ghanzi the next day, even Lobatse the next.
    Apparently that can be done.
    Johan Kriel

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:

Thank you. We intend exiting from CKGR via Ghanzi end May. This helps planning.

Thanks for all the info re testing. Can anyone confirm that one actually needs a COVID PCR when coming back into SA, or if the rapid test done by border staff is adequate? My brother just returned from Mozambique into SA and did not need a PCR. Rapid done at SA border was all that was needed. Anyone know anything more?

Are the Diagnofirm Labs open for testing on Sundays? On the website it shows only Monday to Saturday hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas C View Post
    Thanks for all the info re testing. Can anyone confirm that one actually needs a COVID PCR when coming back into SA, or if the rapid test done by border staff is adequate? My brother just returned from Mozambique into SA and did not need a PCR. Rapid done at SA border was all that was needed. Anyone know anything more?
    friends of mine were turned away at Groblerís Bridge this morning, as no rapid tests were available. They are needing to go back to Palapye and do the PCR test, and will need to spend another night in Botswana awaiting results.

seems the availability of rapid testing, at least at Groblerís Bridge, is not guaranteed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scheepers85 For This Useful Post:

Can anybody confirm that if you use diagnofirm in Maun for your test that you can then collect the results in Serowe or the likes when passing through there returning to South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by Scheepers85 View Post
    friends of mine were turned away at Groblerís Bridge this morning, as no rapid tests were available. They are needing to go back to Palapye and do the PCR test, and will need to spend another night in Botswana awaiting results.

seems the availability of rapid testing, at least at Groblerís Bridge, is not guaranteed.
    That is correct,they are not always there.Ask when you leave what days/time they are there.IIRC monday noon till thursday sometime.
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

Quote Originally Posted by Scheepers85 View Post
    Are the Diagnofirm Labs open for testing on Sundays? On the website it shows only Monday to Saturday hours?
    No testing on sundays.At Palapye we asked if our results could be available earlier as we had far to travel,and it was available at 9h00 next day.P850
    2012 RR TDV8 4.4
    2006 TDV6 SE A/T(Sold)
    2013 Bush Lapa Boskriek B142 met CKGR strepe
    2008 FL2 TD4 SE A/T
    1968 Renault 8 Gordini

18. The Following User Says Thank You to DiscoFrans For This Useful Post:

All the testing centres, office hours, contact details are here. Our group today confirmed you can test in one place and have the results mails to another for collection the next day. The 72 hour rule is however in play from the time you take the test, so take that into account. P850 cash or credit card.

Is it possible to do a rapid test in Palapye? We have a problem with our timing and after reading the comments of those that entered into SA with a rapid test I would at least like to have that. If border post doesnít have the rapid test I want to at least have a negative rapid test result of the same day. Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    Is it possible to do a rapid test in Palapye? We have a problem with our timing and after reading the comments of those that entered into SA with a rapid test I would at least like to have that. If border post doesn’t have the rapid test I want to at least have a negative rapid test result of the same day. Is it possible?
    The people that got back into South Africa on a rapid test alone we're just lucky. Very good chance you'll just be turned back and then lose a full day while you wait for the PCR test.

I'm pretty sure that you won't be turned back if you arrive with a valid PCR test and they've run out of the rapid test, the law states only that you need PCR, the rapid test t
    is their own secondary precaution, probably against fraudulent PCR test results.
    Last edited by Gungets Tuft; 2021/05/04 at 08:01 AM.

The people that got back into South Africa on a rapid test alone we're just lucky. Very good chance you'll just be turned back and then lose a full day while you wait for the PCR test.

I'm pretty sure that you won't be turned back if you arrive with a valid PCR test and they've run out of the rapid test, the law states only that you need PCR, the rapid test t
    is their own secondary precaution, probably against fraudulent PCR test results.
    Thank you for your response. If the test is a day too old? Will they just flat out reject you?

Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    Thank you for your response. If the test is a day too old? Will they just flat out reject you?
    No way of telling, you might get a sympathetic official but I would never take the risk of being turned back. Rather plan to get it within the 72 hours by adjusting your trip.