Thread: Track advice

Default Track advice

Iím living in Kenya and planning a few trips during the current lockdown. Iím hoping for an answer to a very specific question: Tracks4Africa shows an off-road track between Elanga (west of Kajiado) and Kamurukuru (on C58). Has anyone done that track lately and has any information on wether it is still drivable? Slim chance, but maybe someone knows?

Default Re: Track advice

There are only about three of us on this forum who would actually know where those places are that you are asking about. My map says the name is Elangata - which makes sense as that is a Maa name.

So, sorry, I canít help. It is where the Magadi Soda Companyís railway comes up the Rift Valley escarpment: so, I presume the climb isnít too precipitous. I donít know if the access is through private land belonging to Kenya Marble Quarries. Google Earth shows it very well.

Just go and see! Safari njema.

I figured it was a long shot but you guys have given amazingly specific advise here before so I thought it was worth a shot. Iíll give it a try end of the month and update here!

If I were you, I would wait until the rains have finished. And then go via Champagne Ridge to Kajiado and, if you do succeed in getting safely down the escarpment, camp overnight at Olorgesaille.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wazungu Wawili For This Useful Post:

chf

Did you have any success on that route?