Thread: VW Taigo

Default VW Taigo

https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/lates...4-79e91b596fca

I've struggled to understand the inclusion of the troc after the tcross, now this... How many more of these things do they need in the lineup?

No more CC, no more passat, no more jetta, but a load of these things stuck in between a polo and a tiguan? Are we really that obsessed with "SUV-like" cars?
    2011 Fortuner 3.0 D-4D 4x4
    2008 Lexus IS250 V6
    Jaco

Default Re: VW Taigo

Basically having a VW option on all the Audi Q platforms and maybe an extra one.

But all manufactures are canning sedans in favour of suv cross over lifted hatchbacks, Its difficult to keep up.

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

They should change the name.

T-Aygo - for Toyota lovers.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by JacoE View Post

I've struggled to understand the inclusion of the troc after the tcross, now this... How many more of these things do they need in the lineup?

No more CC, no more passat, no more jetta, but a load of these things stuck in between a polo and a tiguan? Are we really that obsessed with "SUV-like" cars?
    Have to agree. I don't understand the long list of prety similar vehicles.
    There is never a right time to do the wrong thing and never a wrong time to do the right thing!

Them wheels are ### ugly !

Silly suv like things / cars are so boring but ja - just like black rims on your 4x4 EVERYBODY is doing it - there simply isnt anymore originality these days.... sheeple
    Willem

Ford Ranger 3.0Tdci Super Cab 4x4
    (workshop whore)

Apart from the Tiguan (mid-size SUV) and Touareg (Large SUV), I am not a fan of their compact Suv range. I find them very unVW like.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

"When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

cc was replaced by the arteon, except nobody bought them so was discontinued. Pretty much the same for the passat. Problem is VW cant keep on trying to sell cars people don’t want to buy its just too expensive. Trend locally and internationally is to SUV’s so they are simply keeping up with the market.

We were always going to replace swambo’s cc with an arteon, that was written in the stars the first time we laid eyes on the sexy arteon shape, she loved her cc and arteon was just more of that, and it was true right up to the point where we bought a Tiguan. Why... she prefers the higher driving position, its more practical while still being pretty and it simply is a better fit for us than the arteon. We are not unique and plenty of other buyers are making the same choice. The SA market is not unique in this pattern, but its simply not big enough to support those really small volume models like they can do in europe and the US.

The Tiguan has been one of VW best selling cars since introduction, and I expect the T Roc to steal a lot of sales from the golf. Quite where the Taigo will slot in we’ll have to see, possibly next to the T-roc similar to the Scirocco thats was sold as the “sexy” golf?
    Last edited by mullerza; 2021/04/09 at 05:40 PM.
    Anton Muller
    Nothing screams "Bad workmanship" like wrinkles in the duct tape
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car

They should have instead brought a polo based half ton bakkie they sell in Brazil

Mr. Karol Joszkowski
    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

May I humbly remind the forumites here that iol belongs to Iqbal Survé. Please don't support them.
    Tyrannosaurus R5 (sold, but still missing it) and a second hand British Tata and now a small German SUV with working indicators.

"I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong, infallible, articulate, self-content .... and wrong."
    - Pam Ayres

It's what our market wants. Go to Germany, the most common VW's you see there are Passat Wagans and Arteon Shooting brakes, I wish they sold those here.
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion
    2011 VW Golf GTI DSG
    2007 VW Golf GTI
    2003 VW Citi Life

In EU it seems that station wagons are more popular then SUVs