Default Echo 3 or Jurgens XT120

Hi Team
    I need some help/advice,
    There are 2 trailers that i am looking at, i have no idea what to look out for.
    Both have a good few extras ( roof top tents, ammo boxes etc).
    My question is, which would be a better buy? reliability, parts available if needed.
    Your suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated

Default Re: Echo 3 or Jurgens XT120

Id say these are equally good trailers. You would therefore be comparing condition and extras.

Without a boit more detail, its difficult to say. Depends on age/ price, and what your needs are.
    I have the echo 3, solid, and does what is required of it. It however has the Echo mark 1 tent which is not great IMO. The newer tents look a lot better. I hate the sloping side wall, takes up a lot of space, especially with the kids sleeping int he tent with us.
    I dont know the Jurgens, but see them around.
    Are they breaked or unbraked? Mine is unbraked and it def limits you when packing as 750kg max weight doesn't leave you with much as the weight of the trailer with tent etc is probably north of 600 alone.

Best bet is to hire one that you consider suitable and test it. I hired the echo, it worked for me sou bought it. Its not perfect, but I got a deal. However, a bargain is not that if it doesnt work for you.

Moelike keuse beide goeie off road trailers ek het XT140 gehad vergelyk die waens wat het hulle wat het hulle exstra kyk na gewig prys verskil sterkte met besluit

Quote Originally Posted by adamgweba View Post
    Without a boit more detail, its difficult to say. Depends on age/ price, and what your needs are.
    I have the echo 3, solid, and does what is required of it. It however has the Echo mark 1 tent which is not great IMO. The newer tents look a lot better. I hate the sloping side wall, takes up a lot of space, especially with the kids sleeping int he tent with us.
    I dont know the Jurgens, but see them around.
    Are they breaked or unbraked? Mine is unbraked and it def limits you when packing as 750kg max weight doesn't leave you with much as the weight of the trailer with tent etc is probably north of 600 alone.

Best bet is to hire one that you consider suitable and test it. I hired the echo, it worked for me sou bought it. Its not perfect, but I got a deal. However, a bargain is not that if it doesnt work for you.
    The XT120 comes with Howling Moon tent, plus add a room, 8 ammo boxes, 45lt fridge and is going for 47k
    the echo 3 has the MK 3 roof top tent, 100lt water tank and pump, and 360 degree awning, front runner drawer system with fridge slide, its going for 42k

Quote Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
    The XT120 comes with Howling Moon tent, plus add a room, 8 ammo boxes, 45lt fridge and is going for 47k
    the echo 3 has the MK 3 roof top tent, 100lt water tank and pump, and 360 degree awning, front runner drawer system with fridge slide, its going for 42k
    The water tanks were pretty std, although it was optional, most have it. I am not sure I would want a fridge slide in my Echo 3, would take up a lot of packing room.
    If no awnig sides on the echo, will cost a bit to add, and a fridge is worth 3-5k at least. Mark 3 tent on the echo way better than the 1, but the add a room etc on the other sounds like a good option.
    As I said, test for a weekend if you can, but on the face of it, the XT sounds like a good buy. I however dont know the XT but there are a lot around so cant be bad.
    Check condition of them, will tell you a lot about how they were stored etc.

That price is a bargain for an XT with that gear, condition depending
    Wicus Diedericks

I have the XT140 and my camping buddy has the Echo 3.
    Tents and fridges can come and go. A big difference is the kitchen setup.

The Echo 3 has the fold-down kitchen top. The XT120 does not feature a kitchen.
    The Echo 3 can have a fridge in the nose cone, The Jurgens cannot.
    Simple stuff that makes the wife happy and we all know a happy camper wife is a bliss to have around

On the XT120 it is not too difficult to add a kitchen, but the size and layout will not be as nice as the Echo.
    2018 Triton 2.4 Di-D 4x4
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 Di-D (Sold LOVED it)
    2017 Jurgens XT140

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Everyone for the replies
    but alas the XT120 has been sold already,
    and the echo owner hasn't returned my call.

That XT120 might have been quite old or the owner was in a hurry. XT120/XT140 are quite common. You find them from dealers also. Very old XT120 had the spare wheel on the door. Later model there is a steel frame. I have seen one or two of the older types. For me it looked like the spare was too heavy for the door.

I had XT120. Nose heavy but it is not a bad buy.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonV View Post
    Thanks Everyone for the replies
    but alas the XT120 has been sold already,
    and the echo owner hasn't returned my call.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    That XT120 might have been quite old or the owner was in a hurry. XT120/XT140 are quite common. You find them from dealers also. Very old XT120 had the spare wheel on the door. Later model there is a steel frame. I have seen one or two of the older types. For me it looked like the spare was too heavy for the door.

I had XT120. Nose heavy but it is not a bad buy.
    And all the XT120 have got brakes, I think on the Echo 3 a braked axle is an optional extra. Hence the XT120 should have more payload.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

My XT140 is up for grabs. I am upgrading to a Chobe or something similar.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/class...s-xt140/cat/16
    2018 Triton 2.4 Di-D 4x4
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 Di-D (Sold LOVED it)
    2017 Jurgens XT140

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    My XT140 is up for grabs. I am upgrading to a Chobe or something similar.

https://www.4x4community.co.za/class...s-xt140/cat/16
    Thanks, really awesome trailer but unfortunately way past my budget.