Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Passport Renewals

Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    This means that all time slots for the branch are fully booked. Try making your from and to date longer.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, FNB here in Pretoria East was fully booked for the entire month. I could only get an appointment in Centurion.
    I tried extending the from and to date to the maximum and that still didn't help.
    I've tried booking about 4 times over the last month or so and always no free slots, which made me think it may be a website issue.

You can apparently only book at a bank branch that you bank with, though some people seem to say that's not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    I tried extending the from and to date to the maximum and that still didn't help.
    I've tried booking about 4 times over the last month or so and always no free slots, which made me think it may be a website issue.

You can apparently only book at a bank branch that you bank with, though some people seem to say that's not the case?
    Pro-Tip: There is not a maximum value on the "to date" section. There is a maximum value if you're using the "date picker", but simply put a date several months in advance in with your keyboard...

In my experience, you have to book a slot at the bank you have accounts with.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Pro-Tip: There is not a maximum value on the "to date" section. There is a maximum value if you're using the "date picker", but simply put a date several months in advance in with your keyboard...

In my experience, you have to book a slot at the bank you have accounts with.
    Thanks a lot for that, managed to now get available bookings.

Now I'm stuck on the payment side, it says I can't book because the payment has not been made.
    I have "Bank Acknowledgement Received" under the payment but how do you actually confirm the payment with your bank, DHA sends some payment request to your bank.
    Should it be under "eFiling payments" on FNB online banking?

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Completing this is only an instruction to your financial institution. In order to complete the payments process you still need to logon to your internet banking to authorise the payment instruction.
    Please contact your banking institution if you are unsure of the internet banking process you need to follow to authorise the Home Affairs eHomeAffairs payment instruction."

Now I'm stuck on the payment side, it says I can't book because the payment has not been made.
    I have "Bank Acknowledgement Received" under the payment but how do you actually confirm the payment with your bank, DHA sends some payment request to your bank.

"IMPORTANT NOTICE: Completing this is only an instruction to your financial institution. In order to complete the payments process you still need to logon to your internet banking to authorise the payment instruction.
    Please contact your banking institution if you are unsure of the internet banking process you need to follow to authorise the Home Affairs eHomeAffairs payment instruction."
    Can only speak for Nedbank.

You have to go into your banking app and release it under the section for government payments. Like you would for a payment to SARS.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

On FNB, it will be under eFiling. Accept it, and give it about 30 minutes.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

On FNB, it will be under eFiling. Accept it, and give it about 30 minutes.
    Thanks I found that section but there's a notice that it goes offline after 8pm, I'll try again in the morning.

My wife was successful this morning, after plenty of angst on the on-line forms, and a fruitless trip to the Canal Walk Standard Bank, about 45 km from here. Their next vacant slot is on 7 May, by the way.

We then came home to try our luck at Home Affairs right here in Somerset West, and had success immediately. ( It did help that a guy in front of us, in the 2-hour queue in the street outside the building,
    rather daringly said to my wife that Old Ladies are allowed to jump the queue and go directly to the door)
    Once inside, there are still 3 queues. for Photos/Prints, payment (skippable if you paid on line), and Final Forms, so about another hour. A Super Spreader of note.

If we were going to do it again:
    • Do all the forms and payment on line. Print and take with you, but they did find them on the system. Staff was courteous and competent btw
    • Go to Home Affairs after lunch. Everybody tries to be the Early Bird, but as we were leaving at about 11h30 the tail of the queue was rapidly shrinking towards the door.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RodS For This Useful Post:

Payment confirmed and appointment booked, thanks Ian for the assistance, much appreciated.

When going to the bank do I need to take anything with me other than my ID book?

Payment confirmed and appointment booked, thanks Ian for the assistance, much appreciated.

When going to the bank do I need to take anything with me other than my ID book?
    They didn't even ask me for my ID book, but take it with in case. That and the printout you got for your booking.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Collected my shiny new passport at FNB Centurion LifeStyle centre today. Just in time. I leave in a week.

Name:  pp.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  352.1 KB
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3