Thread: Savuti channel

Default Savuti channel

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if someone could give updates on the Savuti channel.
    Since my last visit in august 2019 it was still dry.
    Has anything changed since then?
    Thank's

Default Re: Savuti channel

Hi

The Savute channels starts on our Concession where the Kwando flows into the Zibadianjia Lagoon, or Zib as it's also known. It's currently about 5km past our Savute Bush Camp as the crow flies with another roughly 20km to go before it crosses our cutline into Chobe.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8
    Conqueror Companion

I don't trust anyone who's nice to me but rude to the Janitor. They lack integrity...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bush Boy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Boy View Post
    Hi

The Savute channels starts on our Concession where the Kwando flows into the Zibadianjia Lagoon, or Zib as it's also known. It's currently about 5km past our Savute Bush Camp as the crow flies with another roughly 20km to go before it crosses our cutline into Chobe.

Thank's Bush Boy for your update. So the flow has not reached the Savuti campsite and the marsh, am I correct?

Hi

Just question, how regularly flows that channel from the Okavango into that Lagoon? And does it happens that the Okavango then feed the Kwando/Lynyanti?
    Johan Kriel

Quote Originally Posted by Nambots View Post
    Thank's Bush Boy for your update. So the flow has not reached the Savuti campsite and the marsh, am I correct?
    Hi Nambots, that's afirmative, it still has quite a way to go. If we don't get more water from Angola this year, it might not even reach the Camp Site and Marsh.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8
    Conqueror Companion

I don't trust anyone who's nice to me but rude to the Janitor. They lack integrity...

Quote Originally Posted by JLK View Post
    Just question, how regularly flows that channel from the Okavango into that Lagoon? And does it happens that the Okavango then feed the Kwando/Lynyanti?
    Hi JLK. We received some water via the Selinda Spillway last year, it does happen in good flood years, so, yes, in a good year, the same water that floods the Delta will also help with water levels in our system. The water for the Channel are mostly from the Linyanti/Cuando rivers.

I hope this helps.
    Land Cruiser 76 4.5D V8
    Conqueror Companion

Hi JLK. We received some water via the Selinda Spillway last year, it does happen in good flood years, so, yes, in a good year, the same water that floods the Delta will also help with water levels in our system. The water for the Channel are mostly from the Linyanti/Cuando rivers.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks. Was always wondering how the systems are working there.
    Johan Kriel