Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99
  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Tulln
    Age
    56
    Posts
    83
    Thanked: 102

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Testing at roadblocks B1
    online booking
    PCR 14h
    PCR Express 7h
    Rapid Antigen 2-3h

    https://www.covidtestnam.com/

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Okahandja, Windhoek
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanked: 1158

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Drive pass there twice a day, haven't seen them.
    Johan Kriel

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    48
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Another update.

    We just travelled to Namibia the past week.

    Had a PCR test done in Cape Town and travelled to NAM no issues. While at the border on the SA side, you have to visit the Screening Office. Next to that, at the Vioolsdrift Post, is the Van used for the Rapid Tests.
    When I travelled too Nam, I arrived at the post around 5:30am. Three persons waiting for one hour. The computer was offline. Third time that week apparently. No one can receive results and continue to drive back to SA.

    So, before coming back, I phoned the Screening Office three times from Windhoek. Computer offline once. Not to bad.
    I also asked what is the busiest time of day. Guest it, within one hour of my expected time to reach the border. And it was end of the school holidays.

    Made the decision to have another PCR test done at Pathcare in WHK. A Rapid test similar to the one they do at the border is not accepted. So another R 850 x 4 Grudge payment.
    Drive to the border, get to Screening Office and around 150 people waiting for tests. Grudge buy now puts a mayor smile on my face. Waiting already in excess of two hours according to the peeps sitting around the van.

    I walk in, out and off I go. Took me 25 minutes to clear both border posts.

    Moral of the story, if you are in a hurry or dislike long waiting periods, get a PCR test done in Nam. Or arrive when few peeps are travelling and the computer is online.
    Hi
    How long before you were due at the border did you get the test done in Windhoek? And how long did it take to get the results? Do they email you the results and you just print it off en route to the border?
    Thanks
    2018 Toyota Fortuner, Drawer system, Metalian trailer

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Garsfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,325
    Thanked: 2274

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Recently entered and exited Namibia via Ariamsvlei / Nakop.

    Process for departing ZA.

    1: Complete ZA exit form obtained from Port Health office (look at border gate, to the left). Temp is taken and a ticket is issued.
    2: Driver to visit police desk with passports of passengers. Complete vehicle departure register. Get exit ticket.
    3: Declare anything that needs to be declared.
    4: Clear immigration desk.
    5: Drive to Ariamsvlei and park.
    6: Take PCR test result certificate with swab having been taken within 7 days to port health office (white building on left just through the fence).
    7: Answer questions, get COVID clearance ticket.
    8: Complete entry form at immigration and clear immigration as per normal.
    9: Pay road tax (at white container).
    10: Declare whatever needs to be declared.
    11: Drive into Namibia.

    Process for departing NAM.

    1: Clear immigration as per normal.
    2: Declare anything that needs to be declared.
    3: Drive to Nakop.
    4: Complete exit form at Port health office (white building in left).
    5: Get Rapid Antigen test done (large hangar-like structure to the left of the port health office).
    6: Take antigen certificate to port health office. He will issue a ticket.
    7: Clear immigration. A gate pass will be issued.
    8: Clear customs / declare anything that needs to be declared. Gate pass will get stamped.
    9: Driver takes passenger passports to police office and completed vehicle arrival register. Gate pass will get stamped.
    10: Drive into ZA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    ...
    Moral of the story, if you are in a hurry or dislike long waiting periods, get a PCR test done in Nam. Or arrive when few peeps are travelling and the computer is online.
    ...
    No idea why an "offline computer" should have messed things up. Apart from the credit card machine to process payments for the rapid-antigen tests, there were absolutely no computers involved. In fact, it took longer to get to the police desk to complete the vehicle arrivals register than it did to get the Covid rapid antigen test done and processed. Perhaps Vioolsdrif is different.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:


  6. #45
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Kuilsrivier
    Age
    47
    Posts
    698
    Thanked: 240

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by tcar View Post
    Hi
    How long before you were due at the border did you get the test done in Windhoek? And how long did it take to get the results? Do they email you the results and you just print it off en route to the border?
    Thanks
    We took the tests on Thursday, passed through border on Saturday.

    Pathcare emails the results, took about 18 hours. I did print it out, but not sure if this is a requirement. She only checked the result and did not keep the paper.
    2018 Triton 2.4 Di-D 4x4
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 Di-D (Sold LOVED it)
    2017 Jurgens XT140

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nerd For This Useful Post:


  8. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    CT
    Age
    54
    Posts
    183
    Thanked: 206

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Just a heads-up, Vioolsdrift/Noordoewer border was closed last night and only expected to open either much later today 17May 2021 or tomorrow. Possibly phone ahead to find out yourself when it will reopen. Apparently a covid case was detected and now fumigation process underway.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to LCamper For This Useful Post:


  10. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    otjiwarongo
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,257
    Thanked: 249

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by LCamper View Post
    Just a heads-up, Vioolsdrift/Noordoewer border was closed last night and only expected to open either much later today 17May 2021 or tomorrow. Possibly phone ahead to find out yourself when it will reopen. Apparently a covid case was detected and now fumigation process underway.
    it will be open tomorrow morning at 6


    2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to hein100 For This Useful Post:


  12. #48
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Henties
    Posts
    4,101
    Thanked: 1857

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Rapid antigen tests won't be accepted anymore for entry to Namibia as per updated regulations announced just now.
    Only PCR testes conducted within 7 days before arrival will be accepted.
    2012 FJ Cruiser
    1983 FJ60 Landcruiser

  13. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    51
    Posts
    275
    Thanked: 142

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    new regulation is in effect from 01.06.2021

  14. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Potchefstroom
    Age
    43
    Posts
    275
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    Recently entered and exited Namibia via Ariamsvlei / Nakop.

    Process for departing ZA.

    1: Complete ZA exit form obtained from Port Health office (look at border gate, to the left). Temp is taken and a ticket is issued.
    2: Driver to visit police desk with passports of passengers. Complete vehicle departure register. Get exit ticket.
    3: Declare anything that needs to be declared.
    4: Clear immigration desk.
    5: Drive to Ariamsvlei and park.
    6: Take PCR test result certificate with swab having been taken within 7 days to port health office (white building on left just through the fence).
    7: Answer questions, get COVID clearance ticket.
    8: Complete entry form at immigration and clear immigration as per normal.
    9: Pay road tax (at white container).
    10: Declare whatever needs to be declared.
    11: Drive into Namibia.

    Process for departing NAM.

    1: Clear immigration as per normal.
    2: Declare anything that needs to be declared.
    3: Drive to Nakop.
    4: Complete exit form at Port health office (white building in left).
    5: Get Rapid Antigen test done (large hangar-like structure to the left of the port health office).
    6: Take antigen certificate to port health office. He will issue a ticket.
    7: Clear immigration. A gate pass will be issued.
    8: Clear customs / declare anything that needs to be declared. Gate pass will get stamped.
    9: Driver takes passenger passports to police office and completed vehicle arrival register. Gate pass will get stamped.
    10: Drive into ZA.



    No idea why an "offline computer" should have messed things up. Apart from the credit card machine to process payments for the rapid-antigen tests, there were absolutely no computers involved. In fact, it took longer to get to the police desk to complete the vehicle arrivals register than it did to get the Covid rapid antigen test done and processed. Perhaps Vioolsdrif is different.
    So no PCR test necessary to enter SA from Nam again?

  15. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Garsfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,325
    Thanked: 2274

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by Kudus View Post
    So no PCR test necessary to enter SA from Nam again?
    No. Not that I am aware of. They do a rapid antigen test at the ZA border.

    I am not sure whether this has changed since 'el-prez' briefed ZA again last night though.
    Last edited by iandvl; 2021/05/31 at 12:20 PM.
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:


  17. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Swakop
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,484
    Thanked: 1250

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Name:  IMG_4444.JPG
Views: 210
Size:  154.4 KB
    Walter aka "Meerkat"
    slightly modded 02' 105 series 1FZ-FE
    https://www.facebook.com/kepanamibia/


    My heart beats to an African Bush drum...

  18. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Not too far from Pofadder
    Age
    46
    Posts
    1,371
    Thanked: 1641

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    I did a PCR test on Monday, received the result Wednesday morning and entered Namibia at Vioolsdrif. I returned the next morning so did not have to do the rapid test in entering SA again as the PCR was still valid.
    The mobile bus was still there and doing rapid tests for people entering into SA.
    Passage through the border post was quick and hassle free in both directions, except that the Namibian side on entering now have all vehicles going to the office next to the scanner for inspection, but that was quick.

  19. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,255
    Thanked: 536

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Does the requirement for these tests fall away once you have been vaccinated?
    If my post insulted you, wonder where the smiley went .

    Johnie
    Volvo XC60 T5
    180kW/350Nm (1500 - 4800 rpm)

  20. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Swakop
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,484
    Thanked: 1250

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Does the requirement for these tests fall away once you have been vaccinated?
    Nope, neither do the standing laws of masks etc
    Walter aka "Meerkat"
    slightly modded 02' 105 series 1FZ-FE
    https://www.facebook.com/kepanamibia/


    My heart beats to an African Bush drum...

  21. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    39
    Posts
    496
    Thanked: 153

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    all require covid neg tests entering namibia
    Are you sure? The gazette states that children under 5 don’t need to be tested.

    Is there anybody who has travelled to Nam with kids under 5 that can confirm?
    Jeep WK 3.0 CRD
    Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC - sold
    BMW F650 GS Dakar - sold

    Wir könnten nur sagen wir lieben Südwest!

  22. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanked: 362

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by Pieter van Eeden View Post
    Are you sure? The gazette states that children under 5 don’t need to be tested.

    Is there anybody who has travelled to Nam with kids under 5 that can confirm?

    Yes.

    Kids (I think its under 5, might be under 6) do not require Covid tests. Thats for both Nam and RSA. We have just returned from a month in Namibia with our kids: went through Noordoewer. I don't believe the new requirement for PCR (as opposed to rapid antigen) changed the kids' part of the regulations.

    It wasn't the case before: when we visited in November 2020, our kids had to have PCR tests for Namibia (but not RSA).
    Last edited by zoneout; 2021/06/13 at 09:26 PM.
    2007 Disco 3 TDV6 SE
    2007 Fortuner 3.0 D4D

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:


  24. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Oasis
    Posts
    997
    Thanked: 5038

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Our king is addressing us tonight on the new Covid measures.

    I can see our schools and daycares are going to be closed.
    Cheers
    Willem Greyling

    "When the wise man points at the moon, the imbecile examines the finger" - Confucius

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to MANDREAS For This Useful Post:


  26. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Garsfontein
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,325
    Thanked: 2274

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by MANDREAS View Post
    Our king is addressing us tonight on the new Covid measures.

    I can see our schools and daycares are going to be closed.
    Sterkte. Laat weet hoe speel dit uit....
    Ian de Villiers
    Nissan Patrol GRX 4.5

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to iandvl For This Useful Post:


  28. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Okahandja, Windhoek
    Age
    69
    Posts
    4,887
    Thanked: 1158

    Default Re: Covid and Namibia

    Quote Originally Posted by iandvl View Post
    Sterkte. Laat weet hoe speel dit uit....
    Sal eers more. Seker te laat geword !
    Johan Kriel

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JLK For This Useful Post:


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •