Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Covid and Namibia

I'm facing same problem. Planning to go camping (with a printer - ) so that I can print on Sunday before entering at Ariamsvlei. Don't think I will see an open shop on Sunday for printing @ Upington

So am I understanding correctly that Noordoewer has Rapid Tests at the border? And if they dont have stock, they will let us proceed.

Our Covid PCR test will be done on the 20th in SA and we are returning home again on the 30th....

Good afternoon:
    Continuing with the travel planning (after touring Namibia from North to South and its national parks) and for the exit from Namibia and entry into Southafrica back to Johannesbourg, which border do you recommend me to enter, where they only require testing for Ag COVID ? and do the test right there?
    We are a vaccinated couple, therefore we want to avoid performing a PCR test in Namibia with all troubles that means....
    Thanks very much

We understand that Noordoewer is open and do a Rapid test there before you enter back into SA. Maybe somebody whos travelled recently can confirm this for us all?

Ariamsvlei Border post (Namibian side) is open to South Africa.

They do rapid testing at Nakop Border post (South African side) for entry into South Africa
    Last edited by Caracal; 2021/10/04 at 11:10 AM.
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    Ariamsvlei Border post (Namibian side) is open to South Africa.

They do rapid testing at Nakop Border post (South African side) for entry into South Africa

Thank you for your answer Caracal,

I understand that if they do rapid testing to enter South Africa it is not necessary to carry out a PCR, only rapid testing would be enough?

VALID UNTIL 15 OCTOBER 2021 ONLY !

Excerpt taken from : http://www.compass-travel-namibia.com/

Requirements for Tourists to enter Namibia (valid until 15th Oct 2021)

• Upon boarding your flight overseas for Namibia make sure you have a Travel Insurance! Vaccination or PCR Tests need to be printed on paper and written in english. These requirements will be checked by the airline.
    • For Namibia present a negative Covid-19 PCR Test( NO AntiGen Test allowed) which may not be older than 7 days (from the date the sample has been taken); SA only PCR Tests with a validity of max 72h! Botswana & Zimbabwe, PCR Test not oplder than 48 STD; When travelling by car from Namibia to SA, a Rapid test to enter South Africa can be taken at the Noordoewer Border.
    • In Namibia Face Masks must be worn at all public places (exept when eating)
    • A Health Questionnaire (download at namibiatourism.com.na) must be filled in & handed in on arrival.
    • Tourists can proceed on their tour - for returning to the country of residence different rules apply to different countries. Windhoek is well equipped to do PCR & AntiGen Tests for your return journey (even with quick (3-24 hours) results if necessary)
    • Positiv Covid-19 tested Tourists are not allowed into Namibia (only if returning citizens/residents are positiv, they can go into Quarantine in Namibia)
    • Entry is allowed through all Airports, the Ariamsvlei & Noordoewer (SA) Borderpost as well as Ngoma (Chobe/Bots), Buitepos/Mamuno (towards Transkalahari/Botswana) and Katima/Wenela (Zambia) borderpost.
    • These Rules are subject to changes depending on Covid 19 cases in the country
    Last edited by Thirsty Blue; 2021/10/04 at 12:25 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Thirsty Blue For This Useful Post:

Are officials still requiring travelers to have confirmed bookings & itinerary upon entry to Namibia?
    Blog of our African travels: stuckinlowgear.com

Quote Originally Posted by CalDriver View Post
    Are officials still requiring travelers to have confirmed bookings & itinerary upon entry to Namibia?
    Just got back from Namibia and Botswana.
    Entered through Ariamsvlei. No itinerary or bookings were required, just the normal entry form. We did not have to fill out the health questionnaire either. It was quick and easy.
    We left through Ngoma bridge into Botswana. PCR test was done in Katima Mulilo and emailed to us. You can have the test results as quickly as three hours, or up to twenty four hours, they will ask you when you want them. The border post at Ngoma bridge did not even look at our tests or ask for them - either side, Namibia or Botswana. I'm sure if we hadn't had them, they would've wanted them.
    Crossed back into SA in Tlokweng, also very easy. Don't know about rapid tests there because we had a PCR done in Maun. CT Diagnostics has a lab at the Okavango air rescue office and they will email you your results the next day.
    No one at any border cared about vaccination cards. The whole trip was done on provisional bookings or last minute bookings once in the country.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilverEagle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fertoyo View Post
    Thank you for your answer Caracal,

I understand that if they do rapid testing to enter South Africa it is not necessary to carry out a PCR, only rapid testing would be enough?
    No need for a PCR, rapid test is sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty Blue View Post
    VALID UNTIL 15 OCTOBER 2021 ONLY !

Excerpt taken from : http://www.compass-travel-namibia.com/

Requirements for Tourists to enter Namibia (valid until 15th Oct 2021)

• Upon boarding your flight overseas for Namibia make sure you have a Travel Insurance! Vaccination or PCR Tests need to be printed on paper and written in english. These requirements will be checked by the airline.
    • For Namibia present a negative Covid-19 PCR Test( NO AntiGen Test allowed) which may not be older than 7 days (from the date the sample has been taken); SA only PCR Tests with a validity of max 72h! Botswana & Zimbabwe, PCR Test not oplder than 48 STD; When travelling by car from Namibia to SA, a Rapid test to enter South Africa can be taken at the Noordoewer Border.
    • In Namibia Face Masks must be worn at all public places (exept when eating)
    • A Health Questionnaire (download at namibiatourism.com.na) must be filled in & handed in on arrival.
    • Tourists can proceed on their tour - for returning to the country of residence different rules apply to different countries. Windhoek is well equipped to do PCR & AntiGen Tests for your return journey (even with quick (3-24 hours) results if necessary)
    • Positiv Covid-19 tested Tourists are not allowed into Namibia (only if returning citizens/residents are positiv, they can go into Quarantine in Namibia)
    • Entry is allowed through all Airports, the Ariamsvlei & Noordoewer (SA) Borderpost as well as Ngoma (Chobe/Bots), Buitepos/Mamuno (towards Transkalahari/Botswana) and Katima/Wenela (Zambia) borderpost.
    • These Rules are subject to changes depending on Covid 19 cases in the country
    Where can I verify that if the PCR test is carried out in Botswana, you only have 48 hours from the test to enter Namibia?

For me it is very important to clarify the validity time of a pcr test done in Botswana to enter Namibia

Can we still do rapid test at sa border?

2017 VW Amarok 3.0 TDi V6 4Motion D/Cab
    2020 VW T Cross Highline R Line
    2019 Bushlapa Miskruier 1616

Quote Originally Posted by hein100 View Post
    Can we still do rapid test at sa border?
    We came back on the 15th of Oct. and there was rapid testing available at Vioolsdrift, luckily we didn't have to since our PCR test was still valid (14 days)

Quote Originally Posted by Fertoyo View Post
    Where can I verify that if the PCR test is carried out in Botswana, you only have 48 hours from the test to enter Namibia?

For me it is very important to clarify the validity time of a pcr test done in Botswana to enter Namibia
    Current legislation states that to enter Namibia from ANYWHERE in the world, you will need a PCR test not older than 7 DAYS (seven days).

Quote Originally Posted by rbkprod View Post
    We came back on the 15th of Oct. and there was rapid testing available at Vioolsdrift, luckily we didn't have to since our PCR test was still valid (14 days)
    A PCR test is "valid" for 14 days? For which country? Where was the test done? Where did you come back from? Where was the initial PCR test done?

This is the first time that Ive heard a PCR test is "valid for travel over multiple borders for a period of 14 days"

Its this kind of possible disinformation or incomplete information ( not a dig at the poster ) that spreads uncertainty.

Can we please be precise and accurate with the information given.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Caracal For This Useful Post:

A PCR test is "valid" for 14 days? For which country? Where was the test done? Where did you come back from? Where was the initial PCR test done?

This is the first time that Ive heard a PCR test is "valid for travel over multiple borders for a period of 14 days"

Its this kind of possible disinformation or incomplete information ( not a dig at the poster ) that spreads uncertainty.

Agreed. It used to be 3 days at some stage which became 7 days later on. 14 days doesn't make sense. Can this be verified somehow?
    Jeep WK 3.0 CRD
    Isuzu 300dTeq 4x4 DC - sold
    BMW F650 GS Dakar - sold

Wir könnten nur sagen wir lieben Südwest!

I was in Namibia end September. If I had exited Namibia within 14 days of the date of my test done in SA then I would not have needed the rapid test to return to SA. I missed it by two days. I think this is what is implied by “valid for 14 days”.
    Mark Prutton

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Prune For This Useful Post:

We entered Namibia and South Africa with the same PCR test.

Test taken: 2021-10-12 (in Cape Town @ a BioSmart testing site)
    Border crossed to Namibia: 2021-10-15
    Border crossed back to South Africa: 2021-10-25

If we came back a day later we would have had to do a rapid test at the border. This was at Vioolsdrift/Noordoewer so I can't speak for other border crossings. The health representative at Vioolsdrift said the PCR test was valid for 14 days for re-entry, we also got this information from party members while in Namibia (they had to do rapid because they ended up staying longer than 14 days).
    Last edited by rbkprod; 2021/11/02 at 01:33 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rbkprod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rbkprod View Post
    We entered Namibia and South Africa with the same PCR test.

Test taken: 2021-10-12 (in Cape Town @ a BioSmart testing site)
    Border crossed to Namibia: 2021-10-15
    Border crossed back to South Africa: 2021-10-25

If we came back a day later we would have had to do a rapid test at the border. This was at Vioolsdrift/Noordoewer so I can't speak for other border crossings. The health representative at Vioolsdrift said the PCR test was valid for 14 days for re-entry, we also got this information from party members while in Namibia (they had to do rapid because they ended up staying longer than 14 days).
    Ok so this is SA legislation. New to me. Can someone please post the Government Gazette that states this? I have googled and cant find it.

Ok so this is SA legislation. New to me. Can someone please post the Government Gazette that states this? I have googled and cant find it.
    There was a post on Facebook from MoHSS today. Maybe check on their page?
    Gert Grobler

VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape; Land Cruiser 105
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast