Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dometic Woes.....again.

Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you have had a similar experience. Last year i purchased a large Dometic fridge as the dimensions were perfect for my vehicle at the time. Long story short, the plastic clips that close the fridge constantly broke off and replacements were almost impossible to find so i returned it and purchased a National Luna that has been amazing.

I needed a second fridge and came across a great deal on the latest CFX range and purchased this.....It too had an issue and is being repaired under warantee at Outdoor warehouse. However its been a month and the parts have still not arrived for the fridge......could be due to C19 but i recall having the same issue last time round with Dometic.....I feel i have made a mistake in going for this brand due to the lack of local support and availability of parts....

My issue is that my fridge is sitting at the repairer who has been good at keeping me in the loop but the problem is bigger than that.....Should Take Allot or Outdoor warehouse be selling these products knowing full well the struggles of acquiring parts etc. I have asked Outdoor Warehouse for a credit so i may purchase a local brand through them, so far they have offered me a loan unit...not keen on this and in general just really fed up with Dometic There is no other support from Dometic at all, most numbers go unanswered etc.......just poor service all round. Im going to push them for a credit so i can get on with my life....this shouldn't be my issue...thoughts?

Jay

2016 Toyota Fortuner GD6 Auto
    2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD
    2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0CRD-50mm EFS Lift, GDE Tune
    2009 Jeep Rubicon-50mm Coil Lift, Branches, Free Flow, K&N, MT`s
    2013 Suzuki Vitara-40mm lift
    2012 Suzuki Jimny-Fully Kitted.
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

Default Re: Dometic Woes.....again.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

I've had no issues with my Dometic the last 4 years. So might just be a batch problem?
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

Thanks bud, i dont mind something breaking, but when you cant get parts in to repair it and i need to be without my fridge for now month two as a result, its just frustrating....

2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

I have twice tried to contact Dometic locally for support. They did not respond to either request.
    1997 Suzuki Samurai (Coily)
    1.5 inch spring lift
    30x9.5 BFG KM2 muds
    4.16 RockLobster

2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4

I got through to them this morning at 10h00, the guy that answered just arrived at the office.
    Tel: 087 353 0381, Kabelo assisted me, his mobile 082 322 6248

I was a Dometic owner for a day. Also bought the 45lt on special from take a lot. Opened it, was not happy. Called Dometic and was told they couldn't guarantee that a replacement unit will not look the same. But said that my concerns wouldn't impact the functionality. So I returned it and bought a 40lt Snowmaster.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBECB758-54F9-4A64-B6DA-FFD7AF93E2D9.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	609720Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCC22D23-785D-47CE-AEE7-FAA2CE1688FB.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	609721
    Jakkals

Isuzu X-Rider DC
    Suzuki Grand Vitara Dune M/T
    Wildebeest Kalfie
    Suzuki Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Jay4 View Post
    Hi Guys

I wonder if any of you have had a similar experience. Last year i purchased a large Dometic fridge as the dimensions were perfect for my vehicle at the time. Long story short, the plastic clips that close the fridge constantly broke off and replacements were almost impossible to find so i returned it and purchased a National Luna that has been amazing.

I needed a second fridge and came across a great deal on the latest CFX range and purchased this.....It too had an issue and is being repaired under warantee at Outdoor warehouse. However its been a month and the parts have still not arrived for the fridge......could be due to C19 but i recall having the same issue last time round with Dometic.....I feel i have made a mistake in going for this brand due to the lack of local support and availability of parts....

My issue is that my fridge is sitting at the repairer who has been good at keeping me in the loop but the problem is bigger than that.....Should Take Allot or Outdoor warehouse be selling these products knowing full well the struggles of acquiring parts etc. I have asked Outdoor Warehouse for a credit so i may purchase a local brand through them, so far they have offered me a loan unit...not keen on this and in general just really fed up with Dometic There is no other support from Dometic at all, most numbers go unanswered etc.......just poor service all round. Im going to push them for a credit so i can get on with my life....this shouldn't be my issue...thoughts?

Jay
    Never heard of a Dometic Fridge only NL and Snowmaster and Engel

Quote Originally Posted by kingjake View Post
    I have twice tried to contact Dometic locally for support. They did not respond to either request.
    Living Proof that you should only buy from Reputable Brands like Nikon , Toyota and National Luna

Quote Originally Posted by peter betts View Post
    living proof that you should only buy from reputable brands like nikon , toyota and national luna
    lol

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morne - Skip For This Useful Post:

Well some feedback.....

Outdoor warehouse are waiting on Dometic to authorize the credit...this is however been the situation for a week now....so the wheels move very very slow at Dometic or who ever the South African importer is....

2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

Well still no movement on this ongoing query with Dometic....We/Outdoor Warehouse are struggling to get anyone at Dometic to make a decision about my fridge repair or replace....you leave messages and they just go unanswered, no one returns calls there either....

How Dometic even have a footprint in RSA is beyond me....So far its been on par with a Telkom level of service. So disappointing....now at month 2 with these guys.

2011 Jeep Cherokee
    2007 Jeep Cherokee-Std

Yeah that's pretty poor. Will make me think twice about recommending them.
    Last edited by Quiksilver; 2021/03/29 at 06:17 PM.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD

But then you will forever be stuck at the entry level of things. (Tic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Betts View Post
    Living Proof that you should only buy from Reputable Brands like Nikon , Toyota and National Luna

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:

Is Dometic SA still open?
    A mate who was following up on his order, got some very negative feedback in this regard.
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Toccata (Roelof) For This Useful Post:

Heard very conflicting things about Dometic as well - on the one side that they bought Frontrunner and on the other side that the were bought or in the process of being bought by Parasol SA. Be that as it may, Try speaking to this lady - maybe, just maybe she'll be able to help. Leanne Cornforth 071 889 0989. Good luck - we've been trying to order a basin for our bush van for the past 2 months almost without any luck and just gave up eventually

Heard very conflicting things about Dometic as well - on the one side that they bought Frontrunner and on the other side that they were bought or in the process of being bought by Parasol SA - South African side of operation obviously. Be that as it may, Try speaking to this lady - maybe, just maybe she'll be able to help. Leanne Cornforth 071 889 0989. Good luck - we've been trying to order a basin for our bush van for the past 2 months without any luck and just gave up eventually.

Hi Guys and Gals.

I have a CF-50 with what seems to be a thermistor issue. Does anybody know of anyone who can supply these thermistos? I am also struggling to contact Dometic.

Can I replace the thermistor with a different "brand" that has the same values?

Also what is the compound called in which the thermistor is set in?

Thanks

Dometic in SA are undergoing a change of ownership. There is a shortage of spares due to Some or other Stock check / Hand over

I have recently (End June) had my Waeco repaired by Camp Fridge Repair - Johann Prinsloo - 0 Eight two 9039971 in Lynnwood Pretoria

Give him a call

Edwin
    Edwin
    Defender '99 TD5 Pick Up
    Rock sliders, Spare wheel carrier, Roof Rack, Aluminium canopy, Tentco RTT, Tentco Awning, 280Ah Dual batteries, 3 x Sliding Drawers, Water tank, Hot Shower, Kitchen

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Defender TAZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks, got a hold of him, he has got spares.

And Domitec took over Front Runner?
    I sincerely hope that this do not spell problems with that brand?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast