Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Can I fit 2 caravans at San Parks Tzendse and Letaba camp sites?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    It is fairly common knowledge.Attachment 609127

I am sorry, but that is not a screen shot from the official SANPARKS website?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

I am pretty sure most will agree in principle that "overcrowding" (whatever that may mean to you) is not on.

But the discussion really is about what the Rule says - and that still appears to be unanswered - and not what common sense or subjective opinions or perceptions tells us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

11. CAMPSITES – Camping base rates include one motorized vehicle per campsite. Additionalmotorized vehicles per campsite are charged at a rate equivalent to the campsite base rate pernight.
    Are you paying double? Well, you should.

https://www.sanparks.org/assets/docs...egulations.pdf
    Last edited by supersunbird; 2021/03/15 at 09:01 PM.

Easiest way to find out is to phone SANPARKS and ask. Never in a million years are they going to tell the OP that it is okay for two caravans to occupy one site and pay for only one caravan and an extra vehicle.

But if it is okay I would like to know, if the limit is set according to the number of people you can fit 3 couples with three caravans on one site, of as jy regtig die dam onder die eend wil uitruk 6 bachelors met ses karavane, lekker man!
    Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    I am sorry, but that is not a screen shot from the official SANPARKS website?
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tom13 For This Useful Post:

The accommodation descriptions are clear. To me anyway. No mention of how many caravans/trailers. I have scoured through Sanparks website in the past hour or so and cannot find any such restriction.

The base rate of a campsite is 2 people and one vehicle. The screenshot is from a campsite type at Shingwedzi. Extra vehicle will be charged a fee. So the OP will pay the base rate plus 2 additional adults and a 'fee' for the extra vehicle. There is nothing indicating that he will be disallowed the extra caravan. This is excluding Tsendze. In fact, we had friends with their Bushlapa caravan join us on our site halfway through our stay at Shingwedzi during on December holiday.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lekhubu943; 2021/03/16 at 08:26 AM.
    Christa
    2018 Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD-6 4x4 AT

BushLapa 78 Now a Boskruier but with the same Zambia and CKGR bush stripes

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lekhubu943 For This Useful Post:

With the logic some folk use, I now understand why companies have to warn people to the fact that the coffee that they have purchased in a paper cup might be hot
    Alan

Defender on Steroid's (Sadly sold)
    Previous: Pajero 3.5 V6 (Gas Guzzler)
    Series 3 109 SW (Tortoise)
    Platkar Ford Fiesta 1.6tdi (Swambo's present)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan Eveleigh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    Easiest way to find out is to phone SANPARKS and ask. Never in a million years are they going to tell the OP that it is okay for two caravans to occupy one site and pay for only one caravan and an extra vehicle.

But if it is okay I would like to know, if the limit is set according to the number of people you can fit 3 couples with three caravans on one site, of as jy regtig die dam onder die eend wil uitruk 6 bachelors met ses karavane, lekker man!
    Ek dink jy mis die punt? Die enigste reŽl wat geld is die een wat SANPARKS publiseer, kyk post #25.
    Last edited by hatjohan; 2021/03/16 at 08:19 AM.

Cool Re: Can I fit 2 caravans at San Parks Tzendse and Letaba camp sites?

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    I was too afraid to ask. I could not find reference to such a rule anywhere, but hey, I don't chat with the rangers everyday so know nothing
    You also haven't been going since the early 1800's... How dare you?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vanderw For This Useful Post:

Funny that Kruger does not expressly state the one caravan rule anymore I can recall in the 80's and early 90's it was strictly enforced and thus we still book accordingly if we are larger groups going:

It is specifically still stated on the Karoo Page
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/karoo...ommodation.php

as well as Tsitsikama
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/garde...ommodation.php

Mountain Zebra
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/mount...ommodation.php

Mapungubwe
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/mapun...ommodation.php

Augrabies
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/augra...ommodation.php

Addo you can in any case barely get a tent in.

Kgalagadi does not mention the quantities either:

December I stood at Mata Mata, 3 adults, 2 children, a caravan and 2x2 tent for my mom. On purpose I did not pitch the awning as I knew beforehand it was small stands and consciously tried to minimise my footprint. Then I had a neighbour with 6 adults, 2 cars, a trailer, 3 3x3canvas domes and a coleman event shelter. Every now and then they bitched about the unfair amount of space I occupied.
    Last edited by Dr Jones; 2021/03/20 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    Wynand
    2005 Discovery 3 HSE v8
    2002 Discovery II XS v8 (sold)
    1974 Chev K 25 (julle dink 'n v8 is dors)
    Land Rover - making mechanics from motorists since 1947 and electronic engineers since 1989!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2