Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sad Day. Seems My D2 might be a write-of...

Sigh.

With R 40 000 spent on repairs just two weeks ago and the rebuilt motor which ran like a sewing machine, accident on Wednesday afternoon.

My eldest dropped me and went to the GF. Unfortunately at the very first robot - one known for accidents - an old omie turned right in front him while he was crossing the green light.

FFS, he has got his licence only two weeks and although this was clearly not his mistake, I know with more experience he could probably avoid it or reduce the impact as he could not have done more then 50 km/h due to the short straight before the robot.

I also know exactly why the old omie made his futile mistake.

At least, no one was bleeding but they got a good whiplash.

The Huyundai's front end is mince.

I went to the panel beater today and removed the bumper and a few other parts myself to assess the damage.

Sadly, the chassis is crinkled behind the radiator beam and it seems the front axle is bent. Initially I though it would only be panels.

With all these parts, it will be hardly impossible to get the old girl repaired and not a code 3.

I need to look at options.

Does anyone perhaps know of a prestine D2 body and interior and a shot motor?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-03-04 at 14.49.01.jpg 
Views:	1510 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	608324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-03-04 at 14.49.02.jpg 
Views:	881 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	608325  
    1999 Discovery 1, 300 Tdi - "Tink Tanky"
    2004 Discovery 2 Td5 - "Blink Tanky" - Reborn!!
    2002 Defender 130 Td5 - "Jagsbakkie"
    2005 Defender 130 Lexus V8 - "Stink Tanky"
    One Wife. Livid.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin