Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    51
    Posts
    299
    Thanked: 173

    Default Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    WOW, WOW & WOW

    I've never experienced this level of service from any company before.

    Long story short :

    I received my VR headset from Amazon.
    Upon testing my son noticed that the lenses display some form of "sun-rays" when watching Youtube.
    Return logged - smooth & easy.

    The problem started when looking for a company to ship it back ( headset has built in battery and 1st courier returned package due to this).
    Cheapest alternative I could find was about R3000 ( way to much for an item costing R6000)

    When I informed Amazon that they must hold on with the refund due to above reason I received the following from Amazon : "

    I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues while returning the
    > item .
    > Since you are valuable customer, I request you to not to return the item.
    > You can keep,donate or dispose the item and also you won't be charged for
    > not returning the item in future.
    >You refund has been already initiated.

    Now this is what I call Excellent Service !!!!
    Last edited by 4x4 wannabie; 2021/03/02 at 07:30 PM.
    Metalian Maxi

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4x4 wannabie For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Midrand
    Posts
    717
    Thanked: 1896

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 wannabie View Post
    WOW, WOW & WOW

    I've never experienced this level of service from any company before.

    Long story short :

    I received my VR headset from Amazon.
    Upon testing my son noticed that the lenses display some form of "sun-rays" when watching Youtube.
    Return logged - smooth & easy.

    The problem started when looking for a company to ship it back ( headset has built in battery and 1st courier returned package due to this).
    Cheapest alternative I could find was about R3000 ( way to much for an item costing R6000)

    When I informed Amazon that they must hold on with the refund due to above reason I received the following from Amazon : "

    I'm sorry to hear that you are facing issues while returning the
    > item .
    > Since you are valuable customer, I request you to not to return the item.
    > You can keep,donate or dispose the item and also you won't be charged for
    > not returning the item in future.
    >You refund has been already initiated.

    Now this is what I call Excellent Service !!!!
    Theyve done similar for me - and have my loyalty as a result.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    1,444
    Thanked: 1222

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Seems some kind of loophole to be scammed, I really hope they vet those returns so the honest people benefit.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lonehill
    Age
    41
    Posts
    102
    Thanked: 33

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    You have no idea how well Amazon works in the UK.

    We pay £8 a month for Amazon Prime, which includes Prime TV and free delivery on most Amazon products. The saving on shipping of the stuff weíve ordered in the last month has covered about 6 months worth of Prime, and most stuff is delivered next day.

    Sent some stuff back today and an hour after dropping the package at the local Hermes drop-off, the refund was processed.

    The service is really unbelievable!!
    Cheers

    D

    =======================================
    2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6 Pentastar

    1967 MGB GT

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hercules_za For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dana Bay / Qatar
    Age
    47
    Posts
    845
    Thanked: 99

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Quote Originally Posted by hercules_za View Post
    You have no idea how well Amazon works in the UK.

    We pay £8 a month for Amazon Prime, which includes Prime TV and free delivery on most Amazon products. The saving on shipping of the stuff weíve ordered in the last month has covered about 6 months worth of Prime, and most stuff is delivered next day.

    Sent some stuff back today and an hour after dropping the package at the local Hermes drop-off, the refund was processed.

    The service is really unbelievable!!
    Agree, also a Prime subscriber and I order quite a bit to be honest and never had issues. Shipping rates, VAT refunds, communications are all excellent.
    Donít think itís really a loophole in their return policy, youíll have it once maybe not more, think they have a good system to deal with this. Iíve been using them since 2008 and in all these years never had to return something that didnít work or was damaged, only one time I had to change something for a different size and it was easier than getting something exchanged at PEP
    2015 Nissan X-Terra
    2006 KTM 950 Adv

    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    Winston Churchill

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Durban SA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    253
    Thanked: 60

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Out of interest which Amazon site do you order from UK USA or other?
    Last edited by warrenpfo; 2021/03/03 at 06:36 AM.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    64
    Posts
    1,327
    Thanked: 4626

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Over the years I have had one faulty item. No return. Supplier had to sent new.

    Our both daughters use Amazon in UK. When ever I go there I have normally couple items to order. I order books all the time. I have returned one or two Kindle books. No issues anywhere.

    There are professional "returners" who keep ordering for instance clothing and returning them. Online retailers ban such at the end. They have to. Now with Brexit returning items between UK and EU is coming so expensive to the retailers that they are seriously looking at destroying returned items before they cross the border. Amazon has at least German branch so people can order from there.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car 8)

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dana Bay / Qatar
    Age
    47
    Posts
    845
    Thanked: 99

    Default Re: Amazon Returns - the best service I've ever received

    Quote Originally Posted by warrenpfo View Post
    Out of interest which Amazon site do you order from UK USA or other?
    US usually but have used UK as well for products not available in the US store. Think it happened twice over the years related to brand specific items.
    2015 Nissan X-Terra
    2006 KTM 950 Adv

    All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    Winston Churchill

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •