Default Introduction - Theo - 4x4 and adventure lover

Hi Guys and Gals

Just a quick introduction. I am a keen lover of everything 4x4 and adventure related. I am a particular fan of doing 4x4 tracks on holiday and whenever I get the chance.
    I love doing road trips with friends and family when it comes to holiday choice.

I am also a keen car enthusiast and love reading up on latest research and development in the motoring world. I also have a huge interest in older type American muscle cars and bakkies/suv's.

I am a big fan of Ford and Mercedes - I know I will draw a lot of criticism from a lot of members on this site lol. To each his own I suppose. I know tons of people on this site swear only by Toyota - and for very good reason - Toyota builds amongst the best off-roaders there is. I am just not a Toyota fan, but I think their vehicles are very good.

I am currently searching for a 2011 or 2010 ML500 with the off road engineering package. Hopefully one or two people on this site can point me in the right direction. I am also going to post it in the for sale section, so hopefully I'll find one for sale soon.

Theo

Default Re: Introduction - Theo - 4x4 and adventure lover

Welcome Theo!

Variety is the spice of life.

How boring life would be if we were all driving white Toyotas (I drive one myself but I do jave a non-white Pajero to keep me sane)

Welcome Theo, enjoy the forum and good luck in your search.
    Errol Cornelius

Citroen C5
    Touareg V8
    Audi A6 3.0 Avant

Hi Theo - welcome to the Forum.

Different strokes for different folks, drive what you fancy...

I would suggest joining the MB4x4 forum as well. Lots of knowledgeable guys on Merc 4x4's and where the best buys are. Maybe you end up with G-wagen

We are also in the market for an outgoing ML500 or even the ML63 AMG for my wife.

Good luck on the search and keep us posted on what you find!

Thanks so much for the kind replies!

MBLife - I'm specifically looking for a ML500 with the off road package, since it wasn't available on the ml63 amg.
    My plan is to get a ml with the off road engineering package for the low range and increased ground clearance. I also want to "downgrade" to 18 or 17 inch rims (whichever will fit),then put on some nice BF Goodrich tyres.

I have joined MB4X4 but I am still waiting for them to approve my membership.

Regards,

Theo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MercOffroad For This Useful Post: