Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 57

    Default What would you do? Canon 80d

    In 2018 I bought the Canon equipment on the attached image.
    Shortly afterwards life happened.
    Lost my Mother.
    Lost a large contract.
    Lockdown and difficult trading conditions, because of lockdown and Covid 19.

    As I have a Fuji bridge camera and fantastic Samsung S10 cellphone camera....I never opened the Canon box.
    The camera and equipment is still untouched in the box, inside their individual boxes,.... unopened since 2018 as it was shipped to me from
    ORMS in Cape Town.

    How and where do I sell it? I don't want to be caught in a scam.

    I don't intend using it and would rather
    buy a Fuji Mirrorless camera, if I ever
    want to, or need to, replace the current
    Fuji XS-1.

    What would you do?Name:  20210227_193327.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  46.3 KB
    PAUL

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,397
    Thanked: 2396

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul JRH View Post
    In 2018 I bought the Canon equipment on the attached image.
    Shortly afterwards life happened.
    Lost my Mother.
    Lost a large contract.
    Lockdown and difficult trading conditions, because of lockdown and Covid 19.

    As I have a Fuji bridge camera and fantastic Samsung S10 cellphone camera....I never opened the Canon box.
    The camera and equipment is still untouched in the box, inside their individual boxes,.... unopened since 2018 as it was shipped to me from
    ORMS in Cape Town.

    How and where do I sell it? I don't want to be caught in a scam.

    I don't intend using it and would rather
    buy a Fuji Mirrorless camera, if I ever
    want to, or need to, replace the current
    Fuji XS-1.

    What would you do?Name:  20210227_193327.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  46.3 KB
    I've sold loads of stuff on Facebook market places. They're a huge market, probably local to you, you get to meet up with the buyer and work out a trusty payment method.

    Online banking now allows for instant payments, money can be in the bank in minutes. Safe enough

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gungets Tuft For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town Southern Suburbs
    Posts
    3,483
    Thanked: 1464

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Quote Originally Posted by Gungets Tuft View Post
    I've sold loads of stuff on Facebook market places. They're a huge market, probably local to you, you get to meet up with the buyer and work out a trusty payment method.

    Online banking now allows for instant payments, money can be in the bank in minutes. Safe enough
    The Facebook marketplace is very good. The only thing is as with all online marketplaces they are seething with scammers so you need to be extremely rigid and alert when it comes to payments.

    You need to check via online banking or your banking app that the payment is reflecting under balance AND available balance before allowing any goods to be collected or sent with couriers.

    If you are in Cape Town Camera World in Bellville pay fair prices for gear.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skylark For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    47
    Posts
    292
    Thanked: 93

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Orms buys equipment too, check with them they can give you an estimate and it get couriered to them.
    2011 Suzuki Jimny, Rocksliders (Bluerocket), Underbody protection (Stofpad), Roofrack (African Outback)
    Drawer System (self)

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to vstromPE For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    East London
    Age
    49
    Posts
    978
    Thanked: 4891

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Never used Canon 100-400 MK2, thatís a incredible good quality lens.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roberto Betta For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    67
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 70

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    I have always sold on the Outdoorphoto classifieds. Beware of the scammers here too -insist on cash or cleared EFT before parting with the goods. Outdoorphoto (in Pretoria) will also buy or trade in equipment in good condition.
    Last edited by John Lindsay; 2021/02/28 at 08:58 AM.
    Jeep Cherokee 2006 KJ CRD
    2" OME Lift

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to John Lindsay For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    60
    Posts
    204
    Thanked: 73

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Quote Originally Posted by John Lindsay View Post
    I have always sold on the Outdoorphoto classifieds. Beware of the scammers here too -insist on cash or cleared EFT before parting with the goods. Outdoorphoto (in Pretoria) will also buy or trade in equipment in good condition.
    Since you are from Pretoria, I agree with John.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JP vd Merwe For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,924
    Thanked: 250

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Keysers camera equipment: also very reliable and honest.
    ZS6VL


  15. The Following User Says Thank You to An3s For This Useful Post:


  16. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Johannesburg
    Age
    67
    Posts
    108
    Thanked: 70

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    and Kameraz in Rosebank also buy second hand equipment
    Jeep Cherokee 2006 KJ CRD
    2" OME Lift

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to John Lindsay For This Useful Post:


  18. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Langebaanweg
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,216
    Thanked: 1668

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Donate it to me.

    Thanks, I'll appreciate it.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind≤)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

  19. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    52
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 57

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    Quote Originally Posted by jfh View Post
    Donate it to me.

    Thanks, I'll appreciate it.
    Hahaha...I am not in a position to donate.
    PAUL

  20. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Langebaanweg
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,216
    Thanked: 1668

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    I thought it was worth a try.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind≤)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

  21. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gqeberha
    Age
    49
    Posts
    15,957
    Thanked: 5031

    Default Re: What would you do? Canon 80d

    I would go chat to Hedrus at ODP.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •