Default Isuzu kb 220 suddenly doesn't want to start

Hi everyone, I have an Isuzu kb 220 double cab that does not want to start anymore. I recently drove a very long journey 5200km +/- and when I parked the bakkie after that long trip the following day when I wanted to start the engine check light was just blinking. The car was swinging and there was spark, the fuel pump was sending petrol, the diagnostic machine failed to the ecu it said failed connection, even tried several more machines still no connection. Someone then said it has to do with the key, the lock smith said the key was fine and the "Big" key electronics guy said my immobilizer was dead and he fixed it and assured me that the car will start and even gave me a 6 months guarantee on this costly job he did but still the car wouldn't want to start. I am in the middle of noway guys can someone help me out there?

Default Re: Isuzu kb 220 suddenly doesn't want to start

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    Hi everyone, I have an Isuzu kb 220 double cab that does not want to start anymore. I recently drove a very long journey 5200km +/- and when I parked the bakkie after that long trip the following day when I wanted to start the engine check light was just blinking. The car was swinging and there was spark, the fuel pump was sending petrol, the diagnostic machine failed to the ecu it said failed connection, even tried several more machines still no connection. Someone then said it has to do with the key, the lock smith said the key was fine and the "Big" key electronics guy said my immobilizer was dead and he fixed it and assured me that the car will start and even gave me a 6 months guarantee on this costly job he did but still the car wouldn't want to start. I am in the middle of noway guys can someone help me out there?
    If the ECU is dead, it won't start.

The car was swinging and there was spark, the fuel pump was sending petrol,

spray "quick-start" into the air intake and swing the engine. if the engine starts issue is fuel related - injectors, low fuel pressure.

let us know whether the engine runs on quick-start spray.

So far I would agree with post #2.

Yes if I spray the quick start it starts and eventually dies out. There is no pulse to open up the injectors, how should I proceed?

Yes if I spray the quick start it starts and eventually dies out. There is no pulse to open up the injectors, how should I proceed?
    See post #2.

nothing yet indicates the ECU is dead - certainly not that a scanner is unable to connect, not many scanners can

does the "check engine" come on immediately the ignition is on or only once the engine is swung ?

is there +12V on one side of the injectors ?

Quote Originally Posted by RussellF View Post
    nothing yet indicates the ECU is dead - certainly not that a scanner is unable to connect, not many scanners can

does the "check engine" come on immediately the ignition is on or only once the engine is swung ?

is there +12V on one side of the injectors ?

Hi, the check engine light comes on immediately after turning the key before swinging the engine

Hi, the check engine light comes on immediately after turning the key before swinging the engine
    One unusual thing I noticed was that if I turn the key (without swinging) I pick up a +12V on both terminals of the injector, why?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonah For This Useful Post:

Did you do this?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

Absolutely normal. It comes on as part of the power on test and should go out shortly afterwards while the other conditions like oil pressure and battery not charging remain on until the engine is started. If the check engine remains on, you have a problem.