Default 2010 Pathfinder DCi belt tensioner

Hello everyone
    Im new to the forum and would like some advice on an issue I have regarding my Pathfinder.

I noticed the v-belt edge was eaten away and investigated further to find the overrunning pulley on the alternator started seizing up and caused the belt to jump and go off alignment. The belt is straight on all pulleys except the water pump pulley where it is slightly off the edge. All pulleys are straight and no play on them.
    I had the pulley on the alternator replaced yesterday and after assembling everything and letting the engine idle - the belt does the same thing.

The only other component that it could be is the tensioner. Nissan is asking R6500 for it

Any idea where I could find a good quality tensioner without loosing my marriage ? ... Im located on the westrand JHB

Thank you

Default Re: 2010 Pathfinder DCi belt tensioner

I'm starting to regret my Pathfinder purchase if I look at these prices.

I have never shopped from Wantitall, and their prices are normally sky high. But this seems reasonable?

https://www.importitall.co.za/Botine...0aAmH9EALw_wcB

Edit: What on the tensioner is broken? I replaced my tensioner bearings just before I had my alternator pulley replaced.
    Last edited by IcePick88; 2021/03/11 at 01:19 PM.
    My ryding: 'n Ding met 4 rubber sirkels en n enjin wat nou en dan aangedryf word met al 4 sirkels

3. The Following User Says Thank You to IcePick88 For This Useful Post:

lol ,, I know what you mean but I had a disco 3 before which needed more frequent maintenance. This is my 1st issue in 3 years

I tried importing a side mirror from the UK last year and item got lost somewhere in the SA postal service twice and it took 8 weeks to get a refund. I'm a bit skeptical about buying this way at the moment

Edit: What on the tensioner is broken? I replaced my tensioner bearings just before I had my alternator pulley replaced.[/QUOTE]

The tensioner is slightly bent but still fully functional. I think from the belt flapping when the pulley seizedWhatsApp Image 2021-03-11 at 15.20.04.jpg
    Last edited by GraemeR51; 2021/03/11 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding pic