Recommended Hilux D4D Mechanic in the Helderberg/Western Cape Area

Default Recommended Hilux D4D Mechanic in the Helderberg/Western Cape Area

Hi Guys,

It's about time that I do a full check over on my d4d. Specifically I am looking for someone who you use who can do a full check
    on my injectors, replace my injector seats and ideally run a diagnostic on the bakkie to just check for anything strange.
    Can you recommend someone who specializes in the d4d motor? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Default Re: Recommended Hilux D4D Mechanic in the Helderberg/Western Cape Area

Indi, Johan Nel, based in Bellville, work from his home. Very sharp mechanic - he actually owns a Tuna D4D so he knows them well, D4D's and VW Tdi's, he's your man. 072 5seven6 981nine. ps. I might add that he has been maintaining my out-of-plan vehicles for the last 3 years.
    Last edited by Swys14; 2021/02/23 at 04:05 PM.
    2018 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT DC 4x4 A/T

skakel vir Jannie - Franschoek Motors

Die man is in Krugersdorp - Wes-Rand

Gesels met JVH Motors in Randfontein - hulle is baie bekend vir goeie werk in ons area

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne P View Post
    skakel vir Jannie - Franschoek Motors
    Quote Originally Posted by Swys14 View Post
    Indi, Johan Nel, based in Bellville, work from his home. Very sharp mechanic - he actually owns a Tuna D4D so he knows them well, D4D's and VW Tdi's, he's your man. 072 5seven6 981nine. ps. I might add that he has been maintaining my out-of-plan vehicles for the last 3 years.
    Pieter A Smuts(jnr)
    2010 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D 4x4
    Front Mount Intercooler / 76mm Exhaust / "Veri-Peri" Remote map Dastek chip - SAC / RAW4x4 Predator Suspension(HDP Shocks) / DIY Roof Rack / 265/70R17 BFG AT Ko2 / Frontrunner Rocksliders / Excel Long range Tank / Ironman Front Bumper / DIY Rear bumper with sparewheel carriers / DIY Centre Console / OOMS se Canvas Dash & Sparewheel covers ......what is next?
    2020 Toyota Hilux 2.4GD6 Extracab
    Amper soos hy van sy Ma af kom.....Blackout, Windshields, Front Spacers, Over-Fenders
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive
    Adrie's fuelsaver....[/B]
    All covered by:TUFFSTUFF INSURANCE PRODUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Swys14 View Post
    .... based in Bellville, work from his home.
    Maybe a bit far.
    The OP's in Krugersdorp.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, you’re missing the point.

The nearest Toyota Dealer for Peace of Mind ..No Back Yard oke touches my Hilux

Quote Originally Posted by PRA View Post
    Maybe a bit far.
    The OP's in Krugersdorp.
    The OP is looking for a mechanic in Helderberg/Western Cape area as per thread title
    Last edited by PietRangerbostrok; 2021/02/23 at 04:41 PM.
    FORD RANGER T6 4X4 WITH 4.3 LEXUS"

Quote Originally Posted by PietRangerbostrok View Post
    The OP is looking for a mechanic in Helderberg/Western Cape area as per thread title
    Thanks - you're right.
    I was inattentive - I apologise.
    If you make a noise or need music in the bush or on the beach, you’re missing the point.

Thanks - you're right.
    I was inattentive - I apologise.
    Haha no worries, I had to read twice myself
    FORD RANGER T6 4X4 WITH 4.3 LEXUS"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to PietRangerbostrok For This Useful Post:

PRA

If you look specifically at the injectors and diesel system, I'd suggest you go to Udel in Stellenbosch. No use going to the best mechanic or even dealer for that.
    8 Santhagen Rd, Devonvallei, Stellenbosch, 7600, South Africa,

Phone: +27 21 883 9449

Phone:
    +27 21 883 9449

Last edited by Francois Theron; 2021/02/23 at 07:46 PM.
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

Quote Originally Posted by PietRangerbostrok View Post
    Ja nee, en so as gevolg van oorhaastige besluite, maak mens 'n p03phol van jouself.....
    Pieter A Smuts(jnr)
    Front Mount Intercooler / 76mm Exhaust / "Veri-Peri" Remote map Dastek chip - SAC / RAW4x4 Predator Suspension(HDP Shocks) / DIY Roof Rack / 265/70R17 BFG AT Ko2 / Frontrunner Rocksliders / Excel Long range Tank / Ironman Front Bumper / DIY Rear bumper with sparewheel carriers / DIY Centre Console / OOMS se Canvas Dash & Sparewheel covers ......what is next?
    Amper soos hy van sy Ma af kom.....Blackout, Windshields, Front Spacers, Over-Fenders
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Francois Theron View Post
    If you look specifically at the injectors and diesel system, I'd suggest you go to Udel in Stellenbosch. No use going to the best mechanic or even dealer for that.
    Agreed, this is where most injectors in the area go to get tested anyway.

A friend of mine has serviced his Hilux's here and he is very happy. They also did injectors on his previous D4D and it seemed like they did a good job.

Cheers

Toyota Kuilsriver has their own injector cleaning system and is known for good service
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

Thumbs up Re: Recommended Hilux D4D Mechanic in the Helderberg/Western Cape Area

Thanks guys, eish I need to update my place of residence. Apologies for the confusion and thank you for all the input!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsman View Post
    Ja nee, en so as gevolg van oorhaastige besluite, maak mens 'n p03phol van jouself.....
    Wat het jy gedoen??

Wat het jy gedoen??

Ek het op Tappit-Talk gelees en reply, nie die hele onderwerp gelees nie, kom staan korrigeer ek ander manne oor hulle 'n Woesrander wil aanraai om na 'n Kaapse mackie toe te gaan....
    Pieter A Smuts(jnr)
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsman View Post
    Ek het op Tappit-Talk gelees en reply, nie die hele onderwerp gelees nie, kom staan korrigeer ek ander manne oor hulle 'n Woesrander wil aanraai om na 'n Kaapse mackie toe te gaan....
    Well said!!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to PRA For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pampoenluke View Post
    Thanks guys, eish I need to update my place of residence. Apologies for the confusion and thank you for all the input!
    The only indy allowed to touch my Toyota is Spencer Le Roux. Actually, I take my entire fleet to him.

34 Fabriek St, Gants Plaza, Strand, 7140

Ask him about his legacy hiluxes of you want to know about his passion for the brand,